The curvature...

• 46 Replies
?

xiansheng

The curvature...
« on: April 03, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »
Hello Flat Earth Society,

There is something I don't understand.. I hope you can help me to solve my doubt.

Well.. the problem is that I've been on a plane, and I have clearly seen the curvature of the earth..how is it possibile?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: The curvature...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »
TheEngineer, a pilot who posts on this forum, tells us that the horizon of the earth is not curved from the air. A direct statement of a pilot's experiences in the cockpit.

Quote:

"I believe I said that I put myself through college working for an airline, thus having access to free flights around the world.  I also worked for a private FBO, in which the owner owned a Cessna Citation.  I am also a licensed pilot.  Not once, during any of the hundreds if not thousands of flights I've been on, have I ever witnessed the curvature of the Earth."

?

xiansheng

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 01:44:04 PM »
Really? That's incredible.. sometimes, if you have a very good visual, you can see the curvature of hearth also standing on foot, if you are just a little above the level of sea.. I saw it. Pheraphs.. this pilot could be influences by the theories on Flag Earth.. I didn't nothing about it before yestarday, and I saw the curvature...

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »
I've been on a number of international flights myself. I've never seen the earth's curvature.

?

xiansheng

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »
Hmm ok, may be it was an error, thanks for the explanation sir
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 05:57:00 AM by xiansheng »

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 02:51:43 PM »
I've never directly seen Tom Bishop. Guess he doesn't exist either. BTW, are we still with the "Tom Bishop is a bot" hypothesis, or has that got old now?
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 03:28:19 PM »
I'm with the "There are only 2 FE'ers, Username and the others" theory.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »
Hello Flat Earth Society,

There is something I don't understand.. I hope you can help me to solve my doubt.

Well.. the problem is that I've been on a plane, and I have clearly seen the curvature of the earth..how is it possibile?

You are right you can see the curvature, how do we know engineer is a pilot?
Save a cow eat a vegetarian.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »
Because he said so. Duh.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
Just ask yourself how easy it would be for THEM to engineer the passenger windows, so one might see the glimpse of a curvature. Oldest trick in the book, a few microns thicker glass on the edges and well applied psychology and viola, you've got a "clearly" visible curvature.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 09:20:17 AM »
You are right you can see the curvature, how do we know engineer is a pilot?
I've already settled that debate.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 09:59:12 AM »
Could you direst us to the post in which you did?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
It was called something like, "TheEngineer is not a pilot" by rentacow.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »
Ahh that was a class thread, good times
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 04:59:43 PM »
Really? That's incredible.. sometimes, if you have a very good visual, you can see the curvature of hearth also standing on foot, if you are just a little above the level of sea.. I saw it. Pheraphs..

Nope, it's mathematically impossible. Even if the Earth WAS round, you wouldn't be able to see curvature from ground level because of your size and the sheer (alleged) scale of the Earth. That you believe to have seen this rather serves to discredit your claims as to having the curvature in other circumstances (in the air).
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »
If there is no curvature then why are the clouds light from the bottom when the sun is setting?
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 09:39:35 AM »
the earth is curved there was an experiment done in Greek times by ?damascus? (don't know his name) but he proved that the earth is cuved. Also doing a level physics and in some of our equations to make them work we have to put in the curvature of the earth.

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 08:36:20 AM »
If there is no curvature then why are the clouds light from the bottom when the sun is setting?
The same reason they are lit from the bottom at noon; reflected light.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 10:14:14 AM »
the earth is curved there was an experiment done in Greek times by ?damascus? (don't know his name) but he proved that the earth is cuved. Also doing a level physics and in some of our equations to make them work we have to put in the curvature of the earth.
The Earth is cuved? We'd better find out what shape that is...
What syllabus are you doing for your a level physics?
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

pancakes

• flat like pancakes! get it?
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »

it would seem that the easiest way to dismiss an opinion would be to criticize their spelling and completely avoid the question.
fan of taking the easy way out?
Quote from:  pancakes
i can have a relevant sig too!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 02:54:29 AM »

it would seem that the easiest way to dismiss an opinion would be to criticize their spelling and completely avoid the question.
Why should we take people seriously who don't even take themselves seriously enough to write in anything but broken english?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 03:20:42 AM »
Username, it's not their fault they were (probably) educated in stupidland and therefore didn't really have a chance to begin with.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

pancakes

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »

Why should we take people seriously who don't even take themselves seriously enough to write in anything but broken english?

username, my friend, you flat-earthers are the ones who require credibility, not those who doubt your theory.

you might as well try to educate the masses regardless of their silly grammatical errors on an internet forum.

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »
Both sides of the argument require credibility if they want their arguments to be, y'know, credible.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 10:49:56 PM »

username, my friend, you flat-earthers are the ones who require credibility, not those who doubt your theory.

you might as well try to educate the masses regardless of their silly grammatical errors on an internet forum.

Meh, I'm not here to educate. 

pancakes

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 07:14:58 PM »
Quote from:  Username
Meh, I'm not here to educate. 

Then explain to me the purpose of this forum.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 03:42:49 PM by pancakes »

?

TheA1pha0mega

• But it's on the UN flag! That makes it real right?
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 07:20:53 AM »
Pwnage?

pancakes

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 03:39:40 PM »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 11:02:20 AM »
Depends on your point of view.