Why Can't I See Mt.Everest?

• 43 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Why Can't I See Mt.Everest?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 10:31:30 AM »
And as mentioned, the frame of reference wasn't taken into account. Anywhere in the world, on an FE or on an RE, the string will drool straight down.

But "down" in one area on the Round Earth is not the same vector as "down" on another part of the earth.

Unless you are claiming they are, of course, thus admitting that the earth is flat.

Kill-9

• House Shaped Earth Proponent
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 10:32:30 AM »
And as mentioned, the frame of reference wasn't taken into account. Anywhere in the world, on an FE or on an RE, the string will drool straight down.

But "down" in one area on the Round Earth is not the same vector as "down" on another part of the earth.

Unless you are claiming they are, of course, thus admitting that the earth is flat.
Can you give me an example please?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
(random horseshit that doesn't make sense)
Quote from: Viscount Dead Kangaroo
I spend half the day with a dick in my mouth

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »
You're on the Flat Earth Society Forums.

I said the scientific community. This particular community isn't scientific in any sense of the word. Do you think you're being scientific?
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »
The reason we cannot see mt everest is simply down to the conspiracy. They have hung a sky-coloured piece of card around it, when you get so far away you can't see it due to the card. The card was painted by Dulux, who are in on the conspiracy.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 02:51:41 PM »
It's entirely possible it's just magic. We all know that the government pays car companies to make cars that produce smog, thus obscuring Everest. Because, also, complex holographic technology that makes it appear that a boat can go over the horizon then sink, this is not in fact proof that the Earth is round, but proof that we are all tools.

This guy has got it all figured out.
Save a cow eat a vegetarian.

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 02:43:49 PM »
The reason we cannot see mt everest is simply down to the conspiracy. They have hung a sky-coloured piece of card around it, when you get so far away you can't see it due to the card. The card was painted by Dulux, who are in on the conspiracy.

Was that supposed to be serious?

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 02:49:22 PM »
You're new, so I'll just tell you straight out.
NO.
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »
You're new, so I'll just tell you straight out.
NO.

Thanks. That was too insane even for a FE'r

?

Michamus

• I guess I've been wrong. The Earth is round...
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 08:32:05 AM »
Face it Tom. In the scientific community, roundyness is the status quo, so it's your job to prove your theory over ours.

You're on the Flat Earth Society Forums. You're not on the Round Earth Society forums. You came here to confront us. We did not confront you.

Therefore, since the earth is flat by pretense here, the burden of proof is entirely on you to provide evidence for your model of the earth.

I don't think you have provided evidence to yourselves yet. The death throws of Flat Earth Hypothesis is the "mass conspiracy".

I suppose all I need to do is take pictures of a ship sinking in the horizon, and then increase my optical zoom to show it is still at the same "depth" of supposed sinking regardless of zoom.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that this entire site is a joke. Tom, and his drones are here for a laugh. If you Flat Earth Hypothesizers agree with me on this site being a joke, just say something similar to "No we are serious".

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 01:02:39 PM »
I don't think you have provided evidence to yourselves yet. The death throws of Flat Earth Hypothesis is the "mass conspiracy".

I suppose all I need to do is take pictures of a ship sinking in the horizon, and then increase my optical zoom to show it is still at the same "depth" of supposed sinking regardless of zoom.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that this entire site is a joke. Tom, and his drones are here for a laugh. If you Flat Earth Hypothesizers agree with me on this site being a joke, just say something similar to "No we are serious".

"death throws".  :D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

mightor007

• life is a box of chocolates though it might beflat
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »
uhm guys an answer to the question: because the earth is round ;D

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »
uhm guys an answer to the question: because the earth is round ;D

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2008, 08:27:41 AM »

The favored technique of the Wall Police for dealing with "polar explorers".

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2008, 05:59:57 AM »

The favored technique of the Wall Police for dealing with "polar explorers".
The best technique for the wall police is just to spray them with rum.