What Conspiracy?

• 45 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: What Conspiracy?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »
Digitally manipulated photos can almost always be detected by forensic techniques.

What if the forensic is the one making the photo?

There's always someone smarter and better that will be able to detect the fake.

http://www.screencast.com/users/tbishop/folders/Jing/media/d5784ce2-2348-40a0-8f9b-0ddf37763b6e

Do you mean like how this fake was detected?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:03:00 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
  • Official wet blanket.
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »
http://www.screencast.com/users/tbishop/folders/Jing/media/d5784ce2-2348-40a0-8f9b-0ddf37763b6e

Until you can provide a control photograph for comparison, your "analysis" remains inconclusive.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »

Until you can provide a control photograph for comparison, your "analysis" remains inconclusive.

Feel free to take a look at the sun if you think that it is inconsistently bright.

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 01:01:05 AM »
Okay so the conspiracy theory exists so governments can tax the people more in order to fund the "space agencies". What was the benefit in the centuries before space agencies? I'm pretty sure NASA ESA etc didn't exist at the time of Rowbotham.

If the space agencies exist purely to suck up public money that's an awful lot of people involved in the conspiracy, we're talking 1000's of companies that hold contracts with the agencies, don't forget They don't build their rockets, satellites and rovers themselves.

What about all the physicists, universities and other organisations that spend combined millions on research. Are they all in on it too, or are they just stupid?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 03:28:11 AM »
Okay so the conspiracy theory exists so governments can tax the people more in order to fund the "space agencies". What was the benefit in the centuries before space agencies? I'm pretty sure NASA ESA etc didn't exist at the time of Rowbotham.

People were mistaken about the shape of the earth. See: Earth Not a Globe

If the space agencies exist purely to suck up public money that's an awful lot of people involved in the conspiracy, we're talking 1000's of companies that hold contracts with the agencies, don't forget They don't build their rockets, satellites and rovers themselves.

NASA deals with relatively few government contractors to build their projects.

I wouldn't count the companies selling them bolts and computer screens as "in on it".

What about all the physicists, universities and other organisations that spend combined millions on research. Are they all in on it too, or are they just stupid?

What research?

?

joachim

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 03:34:48 AM »
I know little about Science. I'm just wondering, isn't it possible to see if other planets are round or not by using a telescope?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 03:38:07 AM »
I know little about Science. I'm just wondering, isn't it possible to see if other planets are round or not by using a telescope?

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=The+Planets

?

Tristan

• Bendy Earth Proponent
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »

Uh... hate to break it to you Tom, but you haven't actually achieved anything there. Firstly, you're not working from an original - you're working from a copy - a compressed, digital copy at that. Secondly, you haven't proved it was a fake. You haven't revealed the back wall of a studio or a man holding the sun on the end of a boom pole. All you've shown is a how to turn a big lens flare into a little lens flare.
Image used in Avatar:
"Duck Dodgers™ in the 24&1/2th Century"
© Warner Brothers Animation
All Rights Reserved

?

Tristan

• Bendy Earth Proponent
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 06:33:28 AM »
And also, claiming that anyone with a photo editing programme can easily detect a fake photo was sort of our point.
Image used in Avatar:
All Rights Reserved

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2009, 07:17:29 AM »

"Hey I messed about with this image in photoshop and now it looks fake. ZOMG!!!"

I'm still confused however Tom. One minute you're saying the fakes are so good that they can't be detected, the next you're showing us ways to detect the fakes.

And have you gone to the press with this information?

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »

Excuse me Tom but the  information in that link is absolute garbage.  "Please note that the planets are moving very slowly around the sun and would not retrograde several times a day as might be implied ... Several retrogrades a year would be more appropriate".

In that model, the planets would have to retrograde several times a day, otherwise the retrograde would not be possible at all.

Another RE victory.
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »
"Hey I messed about with this image in photoshop and now it looks fake. ZOMG!!!"

I'm still confused however Tom. One minute you're saying the fakes are so good that they can't be detected, the next you're showing us ways to detect the fakes.

NASA's fake was detected.

The Apollo sun is really nothing more than a large studio stage light.

Excuse me Tom but the  information in that link is absolute garbage.  "Please note that the planets are moving very slowly around the sun and would not retrograde several times a day as might be implied ... Several retrogrades a year would be more appropriate".

In that model, the planets would have to retrograde several times a day, otherwise the retrograde would not be possible at all.

Another RE victory.

The retrograde actually happens very slowly in the night sky, over a long period of time.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 03:23:11 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »
NASA's fake was detected.

Of course it was. Makes you wonder what they're spending all those billions on if you can out wit them with 10 seconds of paintshop.

And have you gone to the press with this information?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
  • Official wet blanket.
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »

Feel free to take a look at the sun if you think that it is inconsistently bright.

So you can't produce a control photograph for comparison.  Thanks for clearing that up.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »
Wow. Still no one realizes what my question is. Sure your contributions to the post were great and all but no FE has answered my question yet. I'm asking WHY the conspiracy is being held up not how. I don't care if you say they use photoshop or not, or if NASA faked the Apollo sun or if fakes can be detected or anything. That isn't important. I want an FE to tell me WHY the conspiracy is being held up. As in, for what reason, what purpose, etc. And please don't repeat "combined budgets=lots of money" 3 times. It doesn't make sense. RMcLeod did contribute to the actual topic and no, Tom, NASA doesn't just buy computer screens and bolts from other companies. And don't tell me that the rover is part of the conspiracy, here's an actual video of the rover (on earth): So, someone, some FE actually answer the question. Or you can dodge my question and start talking about fake moon landings. It's all up to you. Really.

?

Tristan

• Bendy Earth Proponent
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2009, 06:36:01 AM »
So, someone, some FE actually answer the question. Or you can dodge my question and start talking about fake moon landings. It's all up to you. Really.

Like many people have noted before, Conspiracy threads get abandoned or derailed very quickly on this site. Not because the idea of a conspiracy is batshit insane, but because it's so obviously batshit insane that even the bizarre, arse-about techniques of debate employed by 'The Few' aren't enough to get around it.
Image used in Avatar:
All Rights Reserved