To Dogplatter Reguarding Levee's Information

• 22 Replies
?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
To Dogplatter Reguarding Levee's Information
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:13:16 PM »
With reguard to levee's posts, I have not had time to study them in any depth, but as I have said they are far and away the most informative posts by anyone in the entire history of this forum since it was founded.

One possible exception could be some of his beliefs concerning UFO's.  This is the principle area of his posts in which I would approach the material with some suspicion.

Incidentally, with reguard to UFO hoaxes and faulty views of conspiracy, the best book by Jacques Vallee on this subject is 'Revelations' by means of which one can avoid a great deal of false information in getting a grasp on an otherwise often confusing subject.

http://www.anomalistbooks.com/vallee3.html

While Vallee has a mainstream view of the space program, I think you would find this book invaluable for its perspective as well as its debunking information.

Question for Levee:  If you have heard of Jacques Vallee, what is your opinion of this author?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really a different subject, but Vallee's greatest book has to be 'Dimensions':
http://www.anomalistbooks.com/vallee1.html

which I think does the same for UFO's which Rene Guenon's 'Spiritist Fallacy' does for the ghost "phenomenon":
http://www.sophiaperennis.com/guenon_spiritistfallacy.html
http://www.sophiaperennis.com/guenon_spiritistfallacy_toc.html

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: To Dogplatter Reguarding Levee's Information
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »
I owned levee so bad he never came back.  Good luck asking him a question. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 08:45:25 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:57:30 AM »
I understand you probably disagree with everything he says, but I could possibly concur with some of your disagreement as to certain questionable aspects of his UFO theories.

Incidentally, could you link the dispute you mention?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 02:22:08 AM »
I owed levee to bad so he never came back. 
What did you owe him?  Why would he not come back to collect on your debt?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:46:01 AM »
I owed levee to bad so he never came back. 
What did you owe him?  Why would he not come back to collect on your debt?
I owed him gravitation=acceleration.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »
Uh, ok, that makes no sense.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
I think the simpleton means owned.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 09:51:50 AM »
Uh, ok, that makes no sense.
Last time I posted thta you never came back to the thread. 

They were simple errors.  I built a new computer so I have no open office yet.  Not that I would have checked it anyways. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:53:51 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 09:53:42 AM »
I owned levee so bad he never came back.  Good luck asking him a question. 

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 12:14:31 AM »
They were simple errors.  I built a new computer so I have no open office yet.  Not that I would have checked it anyways. 

You dislike Microsoft?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 08:51:53 AM »

You dislike Microsoft?
You like Microsoft?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 09:27:17 AM »

You dislike Microsoft?
You like Microsoft?

They make great products. It's the user's and developers outside of Microsoft which make it shitty. I love Office 2007 and Windows, never had any problems with them at all. It's when you start installing shady 3rd party driver's and applications that things start to get crummy. And it's the ignorant who blame Microsoft right away.

I also like Linux and OS X as well. Very awesome stuff.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 11:05:48 AM »
You like Microsoft?

I've had no issue with them, ever; they make solid products. And it was more a comment to the point that he felt the need to use free software, instead of obtaining Office for free.

The dialogue from Antitrust still rings true:

"He thinks we clone too many programs, and force people to buy our inferior versions and blah, blah, blah.. ad infinitum, ad nauseam. I've heard it all before. I even understand it, it's the nature of competitive business. When you're on top, people attack the quality of your product. It comes with the territory."
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »

You dislike Microsoft?
No, but I'm not going to buy Microsoft office when I can use open office for free.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »

You dislike Microsoft?
No, but I'm not going to buy Microsoft office when I can use open office for free.

Miss out on the advantages then, I suppose. I've had problems with Open Office where it wouldn't open up Excel sheets made by the real Excel. Compatibility is tricky.

I suppose if you don't use the computer in a professional environment like I do (both a wholesale nursery and a law firm), you can do with sketchy compatibility and corruption. * shrugs *

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »

You dislike Microsoft?

Miss out on the advantages then, I suppose. I've had problems with Open Office where it wouldn't open up Excel sheets made by the real Excel. Compatibility is tricky.

I suppose if you don't use the computer in a professional environment like I do (both a wholesale nursery and a law firm), you can do with sketchy compatibility and corruption. * shrugs *
I suspect user error.

I never had a problem opening Microsoft made documents. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »

Or get Office for free.
objectively good

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »

You dislike Microsoft?

I suspect user error.

No. Excel 2007 (or 2008 if you've Mac OS X) Workbooks are incompatible with Open Office.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »

You dislike Microsoft?

I suspect user error.

No. Excel 2007 (or 2008 if you've Mac OS X) Workbooks are incompatible with Open Office.
Oh, 2007.  The same 2007 that if you copy something and then open a document in 2007, you cannot paste into it.  You have to copy while 2007 is open, for you to paste into a document. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 06:33:57 PM »

You dislike Microsoft?

I suspect user error.

Although it is a fuck-about, there are working converters out there.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »

You dislike Microsoft?

I suspect user error.

Of course, but it rather defeats the purpose of Open Office if it requires the data to be converted when they advertise that they can open such documents. Which is why I removed Open Office, and installed Office 2007 on the business machines at work, which eliminates any fuckmuckery.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 10:01:11 PM »

You dislike Microsoft?

I suspect user error.

Of course, but it rather defeats the purpose of Open Office if it requires the data to be converted when they advertise that they can open such documents. Which is why I removed Open Office, and installed Office 2007 on the business machines at work, which eliminates any fuckmuckery.
Because you are a male secretary? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER