Dimension

• 11 Replies
?

Coi`Hesive

Dimension
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:48:42 AM »
so far, after investigating this flat earth perspective, I've come to the conclusion that your recreating the universe as Two Dimensional, this also proves that if we are living in a two dimensional world, should we not be flat as well...should space time, not be flat?
The debate could go on, and on...so, Iv'e cerated a simple question that proves weather earth is flat or not... Sorry to do this, but this is just one more thing in life that stops us form what we all actualy need to realize. So here it is.

What is Flat...?    :)

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
Re: Dimension
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
I fail to see how FE theory "recreating the universe as Two Dimensional". This premise for "should we not be flat as well...should space time, not be flat?" makes no particular sense.

I also do not feel the need to define flat, as FE doesn't subscribe to it literally. Simply put, varying heights is easily observed but the Flat part of FE refers to the general, macro, shape of the Earth.

Although I do enjoy philosophy, I see this particular discussion to be fruitless. By all means elaborate, if you believe you can instill a destination.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

?

Chase_the_Bass

• Musical Master
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:02:54 AM »
I've always wondered weather Earth is flat or not too.
A painter paints pictures on canvas.  But musicians paint their pictures on silence.  ~Leopold Stokowski

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 11:24:28 AM »
so far, after investigating this flat earth perspective, I've come to the conclusion that your recreating the universe as Two Dimensional, this also proves that if we are living in a two dimensional world, should we not be flat as well...should space time, not be flat?
The debate could go on, and on...so, Iv'e cerated a simple question that proves weather earth is flat or not... Sorry to do this, but this is just one more thing in life that stops us form what we all actualy need to realize. So here it is.

What is Flat...?    :)

The world has observable length and width.  The Earth is accelerating upward according to FET, implying heighth of space for us to move through.  If you would kindly explain to me how length, width, and heighth implies a 2D universe, I would be glad to put away the club I was about to bludgeon you with.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:29:19 AM by Mongrelman »
NOTICE:
I believe the Earth is round, and anything I say that suggests the contrary is stated for the spirit of debate.

Also, Viscount Dead Kangaroo > You.

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »
I'd keep the club ready if I were you, Mongrel  ;D
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »
Probably a good idea.  I should also make more clubs and distribute those in case he replies while I'm offline.
NOTICE:
I believe the Earth is round, and anything I say that suggests the contrary is stated for the spirit of debate.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:17:51 PM »
Don't forget time :D

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »
Don't forget time :D
If you consider it to be a spatial direction. I don't see time as linear like an dimensional axis.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

?

Coi`Hesive

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »
so whats on the other side.....

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »

Your Mom.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »

Would you prefer the regular or spiky club?  Because I've got both ready.
NOTICE:

?

Jim

• What year did Jesus think it was?
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 05:59:03 PM »
I attended a good talk on philosophy and 2 dimensional people and god and all that.  It was a load of rubbish but still entertaining.