South Celestial Pole

• 49 Replies
?

mattc867

South Celestial Pole
« on: February 05, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »
How could you observe both a north and a south celestial pole from a flat surface?

?

einstien

Re: South Celestial Pole
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
According to this websites wack theory that the earth is flat it states the south pole does not exist

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
According to this websites wack theory that the earth is flat it states the south pole does not exist
Incorrect, the south pole is infact the outermost known edge, with the north pole residing in the center.

?

einstien

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »
Incorrect, the south pole is infact the outermost known edge, with the north pole residing in the center.

Oh ya I forgot it's the giant ice wall ooooh!

?

mattc867

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 08:03:22 PM »
Right, but im not talking about a geographic south pole on the earth.  Im talking about celestial poles, or the points above the earths axis of rotation.  If you watch the north star at night, you will notice that the other stars appear to move around it.  Here's a pic http://www.astronomy.org/programs/seasons/pictures/08shi-ncp-1988-sm.jpg

There is also an observable south celestial pole, although no star lies on it.  It is near the constellation Crux, which can be seen from the southern hemisphere.  Here's a pic of that one http://www.assa.org.au/gallery/miller/scptrail.jpg

How could you observe both of these points from a flat surface?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »

There are multiple swirling stellar systems which sit over the Flat Earth. The Flat Earth Society has found that there is one over the North Pole, one over Australia, and another over South America. Each stellar system is unique in its composition and density.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 08:35:20 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

einstien

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 08:31:02 PM »

There are multiple swirling stellar systems which sit over the Flat Earth. The Flat Earth Society has found that there is one over the North Pole, One over Australia, and another over South America. Each stellar system is unique in its composition and density.

So ur Tom Bishop the famous guy who can make things go faster than the speed of light show me how

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »

There are multiple swirling stellar systems which sit over the Flat Earth. The Flat Earth Society has found that there is one over the North Pole, One over Australia, and another over South America. Each stellar system is unique in its composition and density.

So ur Tom Bishop the famous guy who can make things go faster than the speed of light show me how

What?

?

einstien

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 08:33:03 PM »

What?

NVM I think ppl have been making fun of u on thee web recently they said something about going faster than light with the sinking ship experiment

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 08:33:53 PM »
Really?  Where does it state that?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

einstien

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 08:34:50 PM »
Really?  Where does it state that?

Um I'm not quite sure but give me a few secs and I'll find it

?

einstien

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 08:38:03 PM »
Ya srry I can't find it maybe I was just imagining things

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 05:31:27 AM »

There are multiple swirling stellar systems which sit over the Flat Earth. The Flat Earth Society has found that there is one over the North Pole, one over Australia, and another over South America. Each stellar system is unique in its composition and density.
Oh Tom, no gravitational Gears? Oh, and why is there only one south celestial pole, instead of multiple which would fit with this description.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 09:24:22 AM »
Oh Tom, no gravitational Gears? Oh, and why is there only one south celestial pole, instead of multiple which would fit with this description.

People think that there is only one South Celestial Pole because the majority of our Star Charts for the Southern Hemisphere originate from Australia.

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
false - most of the data comes from antarctic research stations. Do they exist?
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 10:32:02 AM »
false - most of the data comes from antarctic research stations. Do they exist?

"Antartic research stations" is basically a synonym for "Conspiracy's military bases".
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 10:34:12 AM »
My best friend from University is studying for his phd in Antarctica. He even has an online blog that I'll link you to if you wish. Is he a member of the conspiracy? He stays in a research station.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 11:22:25 AM »
My best friend from University is studying for his phd in Antarctica. He even has an online blog that I'll link you to if you wish. Is he a member of the conspiracy? He stays in a research station.
Yes. I know him, I broke his will.

People think that there is only one South Celestial Pole because the majority of our Star Charts for the Southern Hemisphere originate from Australia.
Rubbish. Even if they were, since the whole universe revolves around the Earth, even Australian observers would note a very strange movement which would not suggest one celestial pole.
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs

?

jdoe

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 05:40:39 PM »

There are plenty of astronomers working in the southern hemisphere from Chile to Australia.  I think they would notice if there were multiple celestial poles and their star maps were wrong.
Mars or Bust

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »
There are plenty of astronomers working in the southern hemisphere from Chile to Australia.  I think they would notice if there were multiple celestial poles and their star maps were wrong.

The Flat Earth Society has found that when you compare starmaps from Chile and starmaps from Australia, the constellations are different.

?

jdoe

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 06:32:25 PM »

The Flat Earth Society has found that when you compare starmaps from Chile and starmaps from Australia, the constellations are different.

Sources please.

And I simply find it hard to believe that of all RE astronomers working in the southern hemisphere using RE charts, none of them would have noticed any discrepancies.
Mars or Bust

?

mattc867

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »
He will either tell you that he doesn't have to justify himself to you, or tell you to go read "earth not a globe".

He certainly will not ever post a source for that because he doesn't have one...because no such charts exist.

I don't see how his argument about swirling star clusters makes sense anyway.  Consider the star Sirius, the brightest star in the sky, (there are many stars that would make my point but i'll just pick one).  Sirius is visible from the northern hemisphere during the winter and can be observed moving around the north star.  Sirius is also visible from the southern hemisphere during the fall and can be observed moving around the south celestial pole. 

Tom claims not only two, but three swirling star formations; which begs the question:  How could the same star (sirius in my example) be observed at roughly the same time to be moving in two (or apparently three) different swirling star formations?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:08:47 PM by mattc867 »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 09:51:47 AM »
Sources please.

Theoretical Astronomy Examined and Exposed by Augustus De Morgan

And I simply find it hard to believe that of all RE astronomers working in the southern hemisphere using RE charts, none of them would have noticed any discrepancies.

How would you know whether they've noticed any differences? Do you know any astronomers in the South American jungles you could call up and ask?

I don't see how his argument about swirling star clusters makes sense anyway.  Consider the star Sirius, the brightest star in the sky, (there are many stars that would make my point but i'll just pick one).  Sirius is visible from the northern hemisphere during the winter and can be observed moving around the north star.  Sirius is also visible from the southern hemisphere during the fall and can be observed moving around the south celestial pole.

That doesn't make sense. How can a star move around and North Celestial Pole and the South Celestial Pole at the same time?

How could the same star (sirius in my example) be observed at roughly the same time to be moving in two (or apparently three) different swirling star formations?

It doesn't.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:55:27 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 11:45:34 AM »

How would you know whether they've noticed any differences? Do you know any astronomers in the South American jungles you could call up and ask?
Do you?

Sirius could be seen to go around both celestial poles in RE. As long as it can be seen in both the north and the south. In the southern hemisphere, every star appears to go around the south celestial pole.

Just quote a book. There is no evidence on that link. Just a book, a book that could be sheer gibberish.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »
He cited a source.  Its not his responsibility to procure it for everyone.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

jdoe

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 04:41:53 PM »

Do you think the entire southern hemisphere is some sort of unpeopled wasteland?  There are advanced observatories all over the southern hemisphere.  I know many of my astrophysics professors who have worked in the southern hemisphere, one especially in Chile.  If there were massive deviations from RE predictions as you claim, they would be the ones to know about it.  It is their job to know the movements of the heavens to extremely high precision.  Do you claim that they are ignorant of these deviations or hiding them?
Mars or Bust

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
It is their job to know the movements of the heavens to extremely high precision.  Do you claim that they are ignorant of these deviations or hiding them?

No. They're not ignorant of the observations.They are are not hiding them either. Astronomers on the three continents of the Southern Hemisphere simply see completely different stars unique to their location.

What fist hand accounts do you have for us demonstrating that astronomers form South America and Australia see the same stars?

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »
He cited a source.  Its not his responsibility to procure it for everyone.

Well, it is his responsibility to quote it. For example:

Unicorns exist. You want a source?

http://www.amazon.com/Principia-Shoulders-Giants-Isaac-Newton/dp/0762420227/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202527160&sr=8-2

Get where I'm going? ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 07:31:17 PM by fshy94 »
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 09:01:25 PM »
I agree it would be a courtesy.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 02:01:36 AM »
It is their job to know the movements of the heavens to extremely high precision.  Do you claim that they are ignorant of these deviations or hiding them?

No. They're not ignorant of the observations.They are are not hiding them either. Astronomers on the three continents of the Southern Hemisphere simply see completely different stars unique to their location.

What fist hand accounts do you have for us demonstrating that astronomers form South America and Australia see the same stars?
So astronomers in the southern hemisphere are all hermits and don't talk to each other. Else they would have realised their star maps don't match.