Re: Flawed FE Foundations
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2008, 07:04:10 PM »
He's back, he's back!!!

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2008, 03:14:44 AM »
Remember, air has such a low index of refraction (1.002 IIRC), that you have to have a very good explanation for this.

A low number for a refractive index means nothing. Even a small number adds up.

That was Photoshopped.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »
Remember, air has such a low index of refraction (1.002 IIRC), that you have to have a very good explanation for this.

A low number for a refractive index means nothing. Even a small number adds up.

Do you know anything about optics? Furthermore, that is a mirage, usually caused by heat or some other weather phenomenon, which is TEMPORARY! Not permanent. Look up mirage, and see if mirages are permanent. For those unfamiliar with optics, within an object of the same IOR, there is no bending. If the air has no significant IOR deviance within it, light travels roughly straight. This is usually the case. In odd heat/weather phenomenon, the air does not have the same IOR, so it bends. End of story.
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »
Another flaw is Tom's calculation of how much a sphere should drop after six miles. The six miles would be on the edge of the circle, not on a tangent.

I pointed this out to Tom in November and he still uses the same model all the time. Further proof that he is a bot. Especially since my model predicted an almost exact match to his. However, all that shows is local linearity.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »
Bump.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.