X-MEN

• 51 Replies
?

Chase_the_Bass

• Musical Master
Re: X-MEN
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 12:26:49 PM »
I realize that, but if Peter is the ultimate, wouldn't that make Silar the penultimate? Of course just absorbing powers by being near them is far superior to having to steal them, but being able to steal multiple powers is still better then only having one. That's why Silar isn't the best, but the second best.
A painter paints pictures on canvas.  But musicians paint their pictures on silence.  ~Leopold Stokowski

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 12:32:19 PM »
I realize that, but if Peter is the ultimate, wouldn't that make Silar the penultimate? Of course just absorbing powers by being near them is far superior to having to steal them, but being able to steal multiple powers is still better then only having one. That's why Silar isn't the best, but the second best.
Actually, since Sylar has intuition, (that's His power I think) how knows how the powers he takes work, so he would be able to control it better, in my opinion.

I think that a cool power to have would be quantum, you could be in multiple places at once, you could walk through walls and you could teleport and all sorts of other neat stuff.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

?

Chase_the_Bass

• Musical Master
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »
ITT We talk about Heroes.

When the hell does the next season start? Or Heroes Orgins? That was supposed to air a little bit after the second season ended, but the writers strike pushed it back.
A painter paints pictures on canvas.  But musicians paint their pictures on silence.  ~Leopold Stokowski

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 12:43:20 PM »
ITT We talk about Heroes.

When the hell does the next season start? Or Heroes Orgins? That was supposed to air a little bit after the second season ended, but the writers strike pushed it back.
I hope either:
a)The strike is settled soon, or
b) The strike wrecks the oscars so it gets resolved.

I want season 3- "Villains" Sylar is back, defend your brains!
I read somewhere that Sylar and Adam may meet and join forces... I don;t see that happening.
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs

?

Chase_the_Bass

• Musical Master
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 12:54:24 PM »
I can't see Adam joining forces with Sylar. Unless Adam has no idea what Sylar is. I mean...Adam is wise. Dude has been around forever. I think he could deduce that Sylar would just stab him in the head with an ice pick and eat his brains. Shit I miss Heroes. >.<

Yeah, Writers Strike is retarded. Just give them what they want damnit. You can't have TV/Movies without writers. They are a necessity in the biz.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 01:19:30 PM »
I can't see Adam joining forces with Sylar. Unless Adam has no idea what Sylar is. I mean...Adam is wise. Dude has been around forever. I think he could deduce that Sylar would just stab him in the head with an ice pick and eat his brains. Shit I miss Heroes. >.<

Yeah, Writers Strike is retarded. Just give them what they want damnit. You can't have TV/Movies without writers. They are a necessity in the biz.
Sylar don't need no icepick... his powers are back.

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 02:21:39 PM »

Sylar don't need no icepick... his powers are back.
Superzombie!

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »
Being in superb physical shape does not make one superhuman. Superhuman is defined as having physical and/or mental characteristics that SURPASS human ability. Being built like a brick wall doesn't translate over.

Fail.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 06:55:26 PM »
Being in superb physical shape does not make one superhuman. Superhuman is defined as having physical and/or mental characteristics that SURPASS human ability. Being built like a brick wall doesn't translate over.

Fail.
That's the thing. He is at such a weight and size, it is above human ability to carry that much weight that far in that amount of time.

Your definition of superhuman wouldn't allow any human to be superhuman. The second they accomplish the feat you could declare it is not beyond humans, one just did it.

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 08:32:41 PM »
The human population is currently producing children whose parents are to stupid to use a condom and to ugly for self esteem.

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 07:25:16 AM »
Although, Peter Petrelli and Sylar would both just be ordinary humans if there were no other humans with superhuman abilities.

Hmmm....
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »

a thread sparked by an episode overdose of X-men Evolution has turned into a debate about Heroes?

good lordy.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

?

JackASCII

• Bitches love me.
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2008, 09:31:35 AM »
They're all queers I'm afraid.

The mutation would have to lead to whatever mechanism within the laws of physics that would enable the ability.
Yes, quite.  No one would ever claim to be someone they're not in their profile name.

?

Loard Z

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 09:36:47 AM »

a thread sparked by an episode overdose of X-men Evolution has turned into a debate about Heroes?

good lordy.

I did that.  :-* :-*

I just love Heroes, sorry.
See My Greatness

?

Chase_the_Bass

• Musical Master
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2008, 11:16:14 AM »

good lordy.

Don't feel bad. Anything can turn into a Heroes debate.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2008, 11:31:33 AM »

good lordy.

I did that.  :-* :-*

I just love Heroes, sorry.
You're not alone. Another good power- the ability to change probabilities.

?

Loard Z

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »
I actually joined this site when someone linked it from the heroes forum. I still post there, in fact.
See My Greatness

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2008, 11:47:06 AM »
Mental note: prod admin for installation of a rofl smilie.

Heroes are mutant humans anyway, so I guess it's relevant.

You all fail in taking the topic way of topic!
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

?

Chase_the_Bass

• Musical Master
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2008, 11:48:44 AM »
They aren't mutants!!! Well...I guess...kinda...yeah.

?

Loard Z

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2008, 11:49:15 AM »
They are, technically. Their dna is different.
See My Greatness

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »
I actually joined this site when someone linked it from the heroes forum. I still post there, in fact.
There's a heroes forum? Where, where, for the love of God where??

?

Loard Z

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008, 12:25:33 PM »
See My Greatness