FAQ shooting

• 91 Replies
Re: FAQ shooting
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »
Interesting.  So if the earth is flat, what would the distance be?

And why'd you say I was incorrect, then explain how I was correct?  ???

OK, doing your work for you...

If you assume a flat surface, free from any curvature, as I presume you whackos do, you get an earth-sun distance of somewhere in the range of 110 -115 thousand km (you can do the miles conversion, surely?). If you do a real world measurement, of course, the distance is in the vicinity of 150 000.

And I'm sorry, I don't understand the second part of your question...

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »
Just saw the modified section of your last.

The roatation and/or revolution of either body plays no part in the instantaneous calculation of distance. Please find a junior high school science student to explain that one to you.....

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »
If you assume a flat surface, free from any curvature, as I presume you whackos do, you get an earth-sun distance of somewhere in the range of 110 -115 thousand km (you can do the miles conversion, surely?). If you do a real world measurement, of course, the distance is in the vicinity of 150 000.

On March 21-22 the sun is directly overhead at the equator and appears 45 degrees above the horizon at 45 degrees north and south latitude. As the angle of sun above the earth at the equator is 90 degrees while it is 45 degrees at 45 degrees north or south latitude, it follows that the angle at the sun between the vertical from the horizon and the line from the observers at 45 degrees north and south must also be 45 degrees. The result is two right angled triangles with legs of equal length. The distance between the equator and the points at 45 degrees north or south is approximately 3,000 miles. Ergo, the sun would be an equal distance above the equator.

How do you refute that?

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2008, 06:41:21 PM »
WTF are you talking about? 45 degrees above the horizon? That's time of day, idiot. And I refute it very simply with a retroreflector on the moon.
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »
WTF are you talking about? 45 degrees above the horizon? That's time of day, idiot.
A triangle with a base angle of 45 degrees and a vertex angle of 90 degrees has two legs of equal length.

http://www.purplemath.com/modules/trig.htm

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2008, 06:47:56 PM »
I knew I was wasting my time...conspiracies, re-writing the laws of physics, convenient inventions.

Enjoy your delusions...I'm out.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2008, 06:49:05 PM »
I knew I was wasting my time...conspiracies, re-writing the laws of physics, convenient inventions.

So you can't refute it? Figures.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »
Just saw the modified section of your last.

The roatation and/or revolution of either body plays no part in the instantaneous calculation of distance. Please find a junior high school science student to explain that one to you.....
I think it does, because it affects the relative locations of the two bodies at any given time.  Sun revolving around the earth vs earth revolving around the sun would be immaterial; but earth revolving around the sun vs sun revolving around a fixed point above the earth would have an effect.

But you sound like a junior high school science student.  Please explain how I'm wrong.  Use pictures if you need to.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Optimus Prime

• Autobot Leader: Keeper of the Matrix of Leadership
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2008, 06:52:02 PM »
Prove that you know the distance to the sun can provide your angular measurements.
You are attempting a2 + b2 = c2 without knowing a, thereby killing your equation.

Skipping around certain things to attain your desired results does not appear to cohere to your 'zetetic' concepts, however you seem to do this on a constant basis. However when presented with the same types of information, better documented or no, you instantly dismiss it.

This is a ridiculous example.

On March 21-22 the sun is directly overhead at the equator and appears 45 degrees above the horizon at 45 degrees north and south latitude. As the angle of sun above the earth at the equator is 90 degrees while it is 45 degrees at 45 degrees north or south latitude, it follows that the angle at the sun between the vertical from the horizon and the line from the observers at 45 degrees north and south must also be 45 degrees. The result is two right angled triangles with legs of equal length. The distance between the equator and the points at 45 degrees north or south is approximately 3,000 miles. Ergo, the sun would be an equal distance above the equator.

How do you refute that?

(I gotta go work. So don't count me out, but It'll be a while before I respond to anything from anybody. Later!)
Dyslexics are teople poo!

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »
this is what someone said on a different site: if the sun was really only 3,000 miles above the equator, then it would be 4,000 miles away from the people 45 degrees north or south of the equator! so the sun should appear substantially larger-like 30% larger-to an observer at the equator than someone 45 degrees away!

the FACT that the sun always appears the SAME size PROVES it's farther than 3,000 miles away!

oh, and the moon must be the same size AND distance because it APPEARS to be the same size? pathetic!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2008, 08:49:39 PM »
this is what someone said on a different site: if the sun was really only 3,000 miles above the equator, then it would be 4,000 miles away from the people 45 degrees north or south of the equator! so the sun should appear substantially larger-like 30% larger-to an observer at the equator than someone 45 degrees away!

the FACT that the sun always appears the SAME size PROVES it's farther than 3,000 miles away!
No it doesn't.  Any more than that

the moon must be the same size AND distance because it APPEARS to be the same size?
It is an interesting coincidence.  But just because the sun appears to be the same size as it gets further away doesn't mean it actually is.  It could be glare.  It's an interesting coincidence that it always makes it appear to be the same size.

pathetic!
Indeed.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »

So you can't refute it? Figures.
Your math is based on the assumption the Earth is in fact flat.

ERROR: Statement contradicts programming!
*Explodes*
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2008, 12:25:08 AM »

How do you refute that?

Easily moron.
The angle of latitude is the angle formed from a point on the earth's surface to the centre of the earth and then up to the equator!

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2008, 03:26:30 AM »

How do you refute that?

Easily moron.
The angle of latitude is the angle formed from a point on the earth's surface to the centre of the earth and then up to the equator!
There is no center of the earth. It is flat, and infinite, and you are wrong.
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2008, 03:37:34 AM »
and any proof you need is obtained by looking out your window.,
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2008, 03:39:00 AM »
and any proof you need is obtained by looking out your window.,
Or smoking a crack pipe.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2008, 12:23:38 PM »
Even weak hallucinogenics will do the trick.

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2008, 04:21:40 PM »
My God Tom Bishop is a tool! I'm new to this site, and this debate, but i've been active against Apollo Hoax believers for some time. He has no debate experience, demands people provide levels of proof he himself is not willing to put forward and closes every argurment with the irrebuttable assumption of 'no it's not'. Man, you FE believers are some far-out crazy cats. Tom is the worst, but the rest of you should know better. Is this site just a fun place to sling crazy theories while suckin' back some cough mixture, or do you actually believe this shit? Constant acceleration? Electro-suspension whatever? Go visit your local synchrotron, i have, physics is so wondrous and amazing without perverting centuries of research from real forward thinkers so you can dust off claptrap that was probably laughed off the acropolis.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2008, 04:32:40 PM »
physics is so wondrous and amazing
Perhaps you should have learned some of it...

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2008, 04:37:26 PM »
as opposed to who?
i'm a chemical engineer by trade.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2008, 04:38:03 PM »
I hope you are joking.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »
joking about what?
drug dealers are chemical engineers.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »
Oh, thank God, you were joking. 

-- Bob Hudson

?

Bushido

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2008, 05:30:45 PM »
Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"
A: It's a conspiracy
Q: "What about NASA? Don't they have photos to prove that the Earth is round?"
A: NASA is part of the conspiracy too. The photos are faked.
If every government is part of the conspiracy, who benefits? Why go to all this trouble?

The Governements of every country are consisted mostly of people that do not care about the shape of the Earth. They are just believing what they have been told. In fact, how many Congressional or Presidential candidates included the issue of the Earth's shape in their campaigns?

NASA is a financial black box. It raises its funding (mostly) from the U.S. budget, and it's output are videos and photos.

?

Germanicus

• Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2008, 09:31:53 AM »
it's output are videos and photos.

And those comfy beds

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2008, 12:24:04 PM »
And don't forget about Tang.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2008, 02:54:20 AM »
My God Tom Bishop is a tool! I'm new to this site, and this debate, but i've been active against Apollo Hoax believers for some time. He has no debate experience, demands people provide levels of proof he himself is not willing to put forward and closes every argurment with the irrebuttable assumption of 'no it's not'. Man, you FE believers are some far-out crazy cats. Tom is the worst, but the rest of you should know better. Is this site just a fun place to sling crazy theories while suckin' back some cough mixture, or do you actually believe this shit? Constant acceleration? Electro-suspension whatever? Go visit your local synchrotron, i have, physics is so wondrous and amazing without perverting centuries of research from real forward thinkers so you can dust off claptrap that was probably laughed off the acropolis.

Tom is a perl script.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2008, 02:57:14 AM »

Tom is a perl script.
Correction, a hacked and broken perl script.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2008, 03:01:00 AM »
Correction, an intentionally hacked and broken perl script, with one design doctrine: Never let anyone win or lose.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2008, 03:04:54 AM »
Correction, an intentionally hacked and broken perl script, with one design doctrine: Keep the public arguing about the shape of the Earth while the evil overlords construct their mind-control network.
Fixed.