The all-new conspiracy theory!

• 361 Replies

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: The all-new conspiracy theory!
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2008, 10:43:46 PM »
On the subject? I'm honestly wondering if any of the staunch FE believers have anything to say? Not engy?
Nope.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2008, 10:53:14 PM »
On the subject? I'm honestly wondering if any of the staunch FE believers have anything to say? Not engy? Divito just asked for  clarification, and then erm...left. What about Dogplatter? Sadly enough, it seems as though they ignore this topic in favor of keeping their beliefs.

If I'm not mistaken, you're an RE'er, right? So...what argument can be offered? Apart from Tom's 1500 MPH jet streams that conveniently start and end on all major airports. :D

Engy is an RE'er and so is Divito. And I don't believe in anything so I'm quite happy to argue anything absurd.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Optimus Prime

• Autobot Leader: Keeper of the Matrix of Leadership
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2008, 11:57:13 PM »
Discuss this. How can you *not* inherently have data showing this discrepancy. If FE is not willing to produce a map, but is willing to concede that it looks somewhat like a UN logo... there are still problems.

If you make 3 points on a dome, then squish it flat... it doesn't work out the same.

Could you explain your impressions of this or how that / any map data is hypothetical?

A flat Earth map isn't hypothetical? Could you point me to a scale version of one?

Not sure how you misinterpreted the above statement, but to put it differently...
FE can't produce a good map (we agree on that, don't know how that wasn't expressed)
To prove this point, simply take 3 points or more on a dome then flatten it... all measurements are now off. This is a simple basis for showing how known measurements and distances on the RE just won't work in a FE model. Period.
Therefore... why or how are you coming up with the idea that current maps or distance data is merely hypothetical? Even if some areas of the globe aren't regularly travelled, many, MANY areas are, and are well documented by ground, sea, and air.
To make a blanket statement of that sort is odd. If nothing else I could concede to some of the globe, however on another note, if nothing else... there are all the major ports of call that are irrefutable what the distance to point ABCD are, etc.

Hope that makes things more clear.
Dyslexics are teople poo!

?

shmaller

• Tom Bishop pwner.
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2008, 10:30:57 PM »
I don't mean to break up the party, guys, but you let Tom get away! As soon as you stuck 1500 mph jetstreams in his face, he left! Oh, and fshy, I think the reason that the staunch FE believers have nothing to say is...well, they probably have nothing that can retort to the vast amount of logic spat into their faces. No offense, dogplatter, all you other FEers, (I do want some offense to go to Tom, however) but you guys got pwned.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 12:46:59 PM by shmaller »
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Pilots purposelessly use them to faster reach a destination.
The originals are allegedly held in NASA's special specially built multi-million dollar vacuum storage chamber.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2008, 12:21:15 AM »
No offense, engy, dogplatter, (I do want some offense to go to Tom, however) but you guys got pwned.

You might think so...
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

shmaller

• Tom Bishop pwner.
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2008, 02:10:19 AM »
No offense, engy, dogplatter, (I do want some offense to go to Tom, however) but you guys got pwned.

You might think so...
Uh, what might I think? That they got pwned? Looking back on the substantial evidence towards a round earth in this thread, you still don't think that they got proven...wrong?
The originals are allegedly held in NASA's special specially built multi-million dollar vacuum storage chamber.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2008, 05:43:22 AM »
Therefore... why or how are you coming up with the idea that current maps or distance data is merely hypothetical? Even if some areas of the globe aren't regularly travelled, many, MANY areas are, and are well documented by ground, sea, and air.
To make a blanket statement of that sort is odd. If nothing else I could concede to some of the globe, however on another note, if nothing else... there are all the major ports of call that are irrefutable what the distance to point ABCD are, etc.

I meant that the assumptions and suggestions for distances on a flat Earth versus an RE is hypothetical; as there is no accurate data or map in which to base the argument on.

Uh, what might I think? That they got pwned? Looking back on the substantial evidence towards a round earth in this thread, you still don't think that they got proven...wrong?

1. No.
2. TheEngineer isn't an FEer.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2008, 09:00:34 AM »
I already said Engy isn't an FE'er. No one listens to me :(
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2008, 09:14:50 AM »
oh, come on, tom! you have repeatedly, no, continuously, accused every single pilot, ship navigator, mapmaker, etc, of conspiring to make people think the world is round!

I've never claimed any of those things. Care to dig up a quote?

Every post you have pretty much said more than 2 sentences in.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2008, 10:29:32 AM »

I meant that the assumptions and suggestions for distances on a flat Earth versus an RE is hypothetical; as there is no accurate data or map in which to base the argument on.

That's because FE'ers won't create one, because its impossible to create a FE to match the data. It's about math. How on Earth can two concentric circles have the same circumference? That's impossible. Unless you're telling me it is possible, then I don't need data points. You are implying that, without data points, it's possible for two concentric circles to have the same circumference.
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

shmaller

• Tom Bishop pwner.
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2008, 12:45:55 PM »
1. No.
2. TheEngineer isn't an FEer.
1. I suppose you could argue with the fact that a large amount of this thread's information is hypothetical, but if someone would post an accurate FE map (actually, I think fshy did...) with two points on the world and compare it with the two points in the same place on the RE map, there must be a discrepancy. That cannot be argued.
2. Yeah, I know engy's an REer, I just got confused along the line, and when I read this again, I went, "what the hell was I thinking?".

?

The Terror

• Flat Earth Propane Tank
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »
I already said Engy isn't an FE'er. No one listens to me :(

shut up you!

?

fshy94

« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2008, 06:19:24 PM »
Sorry to bump, but...it's impulsive :D

The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2008, 06:20:33 PM »
you need help

?

fshy94

« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2008, 06:22:25 PM »
So do you :D. Now, does anyone have any response? Any explanations? Do I have to drag Dogplatter into this? Engy and Divito pretty much concede this point, being RE'ers, Tom was Tom, Username also semi-conceded that this was a weak point in FE theory, and Dogplatter has been MIA. You say you are happy to argue, so do you have a counterargument that does not resemble something ridiculous Tom would say.

^^LOL!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
Ok remind me what we're arguing about again? (I'd read it through but I'm playing poker)

?

fshy94

« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2008, 06:27:08 PM »
How transatlantic and transpacific flights in the Southern hemisphere appear on time(which I proved, based on flight data), despite the fact that FE states that the distance is actually around 4 times longer than an RE map would indicate? Tom's two way jet stream argument fell apart when I showed that the jet streams would need to travel 1500 MPH, whereas the average speed of a jet stream is 75 MPH during this time of year.

^^LOL!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2008, 06:30:07 PM »
oh right. hmm thats a hard one, seems pretty indisuptable...

maybe time slows down in the sea...time always seems to go slower when you're out to sea after all

(ok thats as ridiculous as what Tom would say but meh)

?

fshy94

« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2008, 06:31:37 PM »
Yeah, it is hard, and yes, that is something Tom would say. Actually, if Tom said that, it would be a new low for him, shocking as that is :D.

It is pretty tough to get around.... Mostly, I'm hoping for Dogplatter to show up. It seems like there are about 4 FE'ers here. Tom. Raa, Username, and Dogplatter. The first two wouldn't change their minds unless their god(Rowbotham in one case, God, in the other :P) came down from heaven and told them the Earth was round :P, Username admitted that that was a weak point in his theory, and temporarily conceded the point, and mostly, I'm bumping this for Dogplatter to show up. Still wondering how it's possible to argue with this.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 06:34:07 PM by fshy94 »

^^LOL!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2008, 06:33:40 PM »
I'm gonna go with magic then.

?

fshy94

« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2008, 06:34:27 PM »
:D

Like I said in the last post, mostly waiting for Dogplatter.

^^LOL!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »
well keep waiting then

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »
You won't agree with me when I say this, but your flight data does not come from impartial sources. Qantas Airways is a member of the OneWorld Alliance, an almost definite GlobCon offshoot. SAA is a not only a member of Star Alliance, OneWorld's older brother, but also a government-operated airline. SAA is pretty much wallowing in Conspiracy.

If you're wondering why airline cartels want to keep us believing the Copernican myth, consider the level of pollution caused by their fuel - it's insane, one of the highest contributors to planar warming discovered so far. These crooks know they're rotting the Ice Wall, they don't care - they just want immense sums of money so they can carry on their disgusting hedonism at the possible eventual expense of all life on Earth.

Quote from: the Church of Satan
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

Sounds pretty much like the short-term, anti-environment coke-and-hookers attitude of the top GlobCon members.

Below: Wolfgang Mayrhuber of Lufthansa (a Star Alliance Leader) brandishing what appears to be a modern reworking of the classic "satanic pitchfork".

"The Star Alliance" is also an anagram of "I'll cheer at Satan".

Ok, now I'm an atheist, so I don't actually believe in God or Satan. I do, as a consequence of my atheism, object to the intertwining of destructive religious practices with business, especially when the hedonistic impulses championed by said religion encourages its practitioners to lie and cheat humanity in order to fuel their rampant greed.

To sum up the point of my post, your flight times do not constitute legitimate evidence. I'm not saying that devil worshippers can't tell the truth, I'm just saying that Star Alliance and OneWorld both have a vested interest in lying about flight times.

Other supplementary material:

IMPORTANT:
From SAA's website:
South African Airways was now servicing every continent on the globe, except Antarctica.

Coincidence? I think not. SAA can blag fudging the numbers for some Southern Hemiplane flights, but if they tried to do Antarctica the maths just wouldn't work and people would cotton on.

Not quite as important:

The OneWorld Alliance wins the Globularist Crime Award World Travel Award for a fifth year running. It's rigged. They pretty much always win these days.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:17:45 PM by Dogplatter »
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

fshy94

« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »
So, to sum up your argument, you hold that if I were to take that flight(which we know exists), and take a stopwatch with me, I would measure a 4x disturbance in time? That seems unlikely. You seem to be chalking another one up to conspiracy, and furthermore, those flight statistics are from Conducive Technology Corp. You seem to say that the airports say the plane has arrived, when actually, the plane hasn't. So what happens when somebody goes to pick up that person from the airport? Cloning services? :P

EDIT: About Antarctica, well, erm...there is no city there. Who in the hell would want to go there? You seem to have gone slightly off the deep end here, if I am to be frank Dogplatter.

^^LOL!

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
So, to sum up your argument, you hold that if I were to take that flight(which we know exists), and take a stopwatch with me, I would measure a 4x disturbance in time? That seems unlikely. You seem to be chalking another one up to conspiracy, and furthermore, those flight statistics are from Conducive Technology Corp. You seem to say that the airports say the plane has arrived, when actually, the plane hasn't. So what happens when somebody goes to pick up that person from the airport? Cloning services? :P

Oh no, I'm not saying the flights don't arrive in time. The flight proprieters blatantly fly faster to make up the difference, earn their filthy Conspiracy cash and appease their dark lord.

EDIT: About Antarctica, well, erm...there is no city there. Who in the hell would want to go there? You seem to have gone slightly off the deep end here, if I am to be frank Dogplatter.

Plenty of people want to go to Antarctica, it's one of the most beautiful continents on Earth.

Actually, your "no city" assertion raises a very interesting point which I'd like your opinion on if that's ok. Even in RE model, Antarctica is a vast continent with a wide variety of natural resources. It is also the only continent governed by an international treaty among various world powers which prevents ANY significant growth or development of the continent. If you don't mind a minor deviation, would you mind hazarding a guess as to why most major world powers want Antarctica to remain completely undeveloped and consequently devoid of people?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

fshy94

« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2008, 02:30:57 PM »
If the flights arrive on time, you'd be postulating the fastest passenger aircraft in existence. It would have to fly at greater than Mach 3 in order to make it, and the Concord didn't do that. You also postulate that no-one notices the sonic boom. It's an odd thing to say. Furthermore, a supersonic aircraft shaped like a Boeing 7xx? That's not aerodynamically smart.

About Antarctica, I doubt the governments have much good in mind. Either they want to claim stupid resources like oil for later, or they don't want people to notice the effects of global warming. I always found it stupid that governments were claiming Antarctica left and right, despite the fact they have no relation to it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:32:56 PM by fshy94 »

^^LOL!

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2008, 02:39:15 PM »
If the flights arrive on time, you'd be postulating the fastest passenger aircraft in existence. It would have to fly at greater than Mach 3 in order to make it, and the Concord didn't do that. You also postulate that no-one notices the sonic boom. It's an odd thing to say. Furthermore, a supersonic aircraft shaped like a Boeing 7xx? That's not aerodynamically smart.

Mm, well let's not jump to any conclusions. All I'm saying is that the only sources you've actually cited in this argument have been member groups of a Satanic Round-Earth cult hell-bent on earning money at the expense of the entire population of Earth.

About Antarctica, I doubt the governments have much good in mind. Either they want to claim stupid resources like oil for later, or they don't want people to notice the effects of global warming. I always found it stupid that governments were claiming Antarctica left and right, despite the fact they have no relation to it.

Glad even a committed globularist can see the stupidity here. There's really no reason for them to all be desperately in on this yet completely neglect legitimate development. Or is there...

?

fshy94

« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »
Now you're reverting back to your earlier suggestion, which was that the flight times might not actually be real. Which is it?

Secondly, I'm pretty sure they have an ulterior motive. My best guess is resources.

^^LOL!

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »
Now you're reverting back to your earlier suggestion, which was that the flight times might not actually be real. Which is it?

No, I'm not reverting to any interpretation - read what I said. I mean exactly what I say:
All I'm saying is that the only sources you've actually cited in this argument have been member groups of a Satanic Round-Earth cult hell-bent on earning money at the expense of the entire population of Earth.

This could mean the planes are fast. This could mean they add extra fuel. This could mean they lie about the times.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure they have an ulterior motive. My best guess is resources.

Why are none of Them developing the continent in order to reap these resources? It's not like They're going to save them for later, that's simply not how They work. It's short term gratification in exchange for long-term sustainability. You pretty much admit that when you agree with me that they don't want people to know about planar warming. They're hiding something. I know what it is.

?

fshy94

« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
Adding extra fuel won't help times. If they lie about times, how do people pick others up from the airport? You didn't answer the point about Mach 3. You, in essence, are postulating superfast, Mach 3+ planes. That's not disputed, it's what you postulate.

About resources, its quite simple, mastery of economics. They have oil right now, which they milk us for. If they develop those now, the price of oil will have to drop. If, however, they merely wait for Arabian oil to deplete, then they charge even more for it later. Maximize profits, minimize work. You seem to equate believing in a round earth with thinking corporations and governments are there for us. No, I think that if they possibly could pull this off, they would, but...they can't. It's too difficult, and they already have another, easier way to milk us for money...oil.

^^LOL!