Hay!
« on: January 13, 2008, 11:32:15 AM »
Hey!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:52:47 PM by 17 November »

Optimus Prime

• Autobot Leader: Keeper of the Matrix of Leadership
Re: Orbitting Satellites and Google Earth Images
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 07:37:08 PM »
Well, then you've never watched the NASA channel.
I've watched numerous shuttle launches that if you can stand to go ahead and sit through the entire thing.... you can watch the whole feed live from blast off to space, non-stop. There are (last one I watched... probably 3 launches ago since I've been moving around so much :( ) 3 different cameras mounted (1 due to the fact that it goes bye-bye when the shuttle separates).

You can watch the earth slowly go away and as you get higher, you can watch the main screen where they will flip between all the cameras for great views... and they have all feeds going live along the bottom... then they switch to one or both of the exterior shuttle cams during separation and get to watch the boosters and tank sheer off and fall away!!! AWESOME!!! ;D

So cool effects or not, whatever you'd like to believe.. the high points especially are pretty cool.

As far as your satellites are concerned vs. ground based radio and whether or not GPS / Satellite TV can work without them? If you really want an explanation for it. I'd be happy to help. If you're not interested in really knowing or understanding, then I won't bother.

Take care,
- Optimus
Dyslexics are teople poo!

Optimus Prime

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 02:43:52 AM »
Not off the top of my head... it's NASA TV... if you have cable or Satellite television... and you have NASA TV.. then you have all the links you'll ever need, because .. I dunno - you can *watch it* ?

I don't know any video links off hand that they store entire footage reels. Probably is somewhere. Google it up. I gotta get to work. I might try and find some stuff later on. Enjoy.

- Optimus

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 09:32:10 AM »
You can watch it live, on the internet with NASA TV. I've watched at least a dozen launches. A lot of fakery to do, you know.
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:12:31 PM »
A lot of fakery to do, you know.

Yeah, but with all the money they saved by not actually launching the shuttle, they have plenty to spend on faking all those videos! ::) /sarcasm

Optimus Prime

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 08:03:16 PM »
Yeah! and to pay all those extras on the ground too! And the millions of ham radio operators all around the world in all different countries that talk to the Shuttle as it orbits the Earth... it just gets too funny after a while ;D

?

Germanicus

• Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »
So if some guy wrote a book about it, its true? You know how many bigfoot and lochness monster books there are?

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »
Apparently, 17N, there is no reason to trust any arguments made by anybody unless it is peer-reviewed and quoted by authorities of the subject, has enough good reasons/evidences to make it believably true, and has no intention to mislead.

"Some French scientist said they did not believe in the atom. Thus, atom does not exist." Fail.

"Some journalist wrote a book that refuted about the possibility of space shuttles going to space. Thus, this must be true." Fail.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:00:59 PM by Jack. »

Optimus Prime

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »
Quote from: Optimus Prime
Yeah! and to pay all those extras on the ground too! And the millions of ham radio operators all around the world in all different countries that talk to the Shuttle as it orbits the Earth... it just gets too funny after a while ;D
Ham operators talking to shuttle occupants.  So what?  The fact that the shuttle is an airplane flying lower than what is claimed is beside the point as it will usually be too far away for most operators to see who they are talking with anyway.  Do you have an exhaustive knowledge to say that no one has ever spotted the shuttle when it was allegedly in space?  I am thinking that shuttles have been spotted on their missions.  Any communications with ham operators or any other outsiders would necessarily maintain the disinformation that the shuttle is in "outerspace" with a view of the globe.  We would all do well not to unquestioningly and uncritically believe the things that are announced in the media about NASA operations as the mainstream media effectively functions as a mouthpeice for the funneling of well crafted NASA disinformation.  They do not have to reinvent the wheel every time.  They have an effective and streamlined disinformation method that works and most people fall for.

What in the hell are you even saying? Your sentences aren't making sense... I'm assuming you are asking whether or not any HAM radio operators have ever seen the shuttle as it orbits the earth? Well... I have, I got to see it at the Rolla, MO observatory once many years ago. They moved the telescope into position after the Saturn viewing that evening. Didn't last all that long because the telescope couldn't track it but for about half of it's arc across the sky moving that fast at that magnification, but it was cool. Only about 3 of us got to see it for a few seconds each. :(

Not sure if this is what you're trying to imply or not... but I've never really hear NASA boasting about their HAM radio experiences. It's not really something they play on the TV or include in their documentaries. You're trying to say they use HAM radio as some sort of disinformation tool? For the millions of people accross the world who are HAMs we make up an extremely small population by % of that world.

The fact that you are so willing to denounce the thousands of people who have made moon-bounce and other space related communications contacts (satellite, space shuttle, etc.) and millions who have listened in and talked about it amongst their friends and peers could be considered what you are referring to as disturbing - as you so easily accept from a single reviewer of a book by an author you never met.

You say I have no exauhstive knowledge regarding the *lack* of shuttle sightings? When did I ever say that?

The point is that as long as I have been in radio, emergency management, damage assessment and control teams, and location management units over the years... yes I do happen to know extensively how at least certain frequencies can tell me distance and orientation to / from an object. From that I also understand the principles of others. I'm fortunate that I've only experienced finding  one dead person in all these years as a volunteer. Others aren't so lucky. Point being any time I've ever been trapped during a storm or disaster (only twice thank goodness) I've been found within hours once it was over due to radio location.  Period.

You may have expertise / knowledge in some areas. That doesn't permit you to simply waft away others.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »
Okay. Well I don't know any full length video links (I'd say that's probably because that's a LONGGGggg video to put up, but everyone is entitled to their opinion of video yes or no)

I did mention the NASA channel. Next launch date I'd recommend that. You can watch the whole thing for yourself if you like, beyond that I don't know of any video links. I'll see if I can dig up any enthusiast sites that might have whole recordings or something.

Aside from video... are you up for links that deal with proof concerning GPS and how it works? Or possibly other radio alternatives?

It is not possible for the current GPS system to work without orbiting signal sources. Anybody can say that their cellphone has a "GPS" in it that works off of towers, but it's not the same system, has limited range (same as your cellphone gets) and is only accurate to like 2-3 miles in many cases.

Anyway, I won't ramble. Just curious as to your specific yes / no on proofs.

poster

• Man on the Moon
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 08:17:09 PM »
What is the advantage of saying the earth is flat versus round?  Why would the government spend large sums of money to claim the earth is round, when in fact it is not?  Then, somehow, all the governments of the world, many of whom hate each other, somehow can work together on this one issue?  I'm not trying to flame FE'ers or anything, I just don't see why the government would want to cover this up.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »
Ah well it's not an issue anymore then. It is basic electronics / communications and there isn't any special stuffs involved to make it work. Just plain old obvious engineering.

It's fine, believe what you wish. By all of this I see with finality that you are one of your own scenarios, conspiracies, and ideals with no real desire for anything else. Which is fine by all means.

Best,
Optimus