Debate: Is Tom Bishop For Real At All?

• 21 Replies

Optimus Prime

• Autobot Leader: Keeper of the Matrix of Leadership
Debate: Is Tom Bishop For Real At All?
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »
I just had an experience I can't even begin to relate how dumbfounded I am about.

I'm not going to go to the rediculous and start linking images and crap but in a nutshell, Tom Bishop just got done posting a picture of a HAM radio and asking me which buttons to push on it to do something right?

Problem was, the picture was of a different make and model than he wrote just below it. Ok, that was bad enough, ha ha funny deal caught him in the act - could have been a joke.

No, then when I get done typing in my response to that, explaining it... he has modified the post with not correcting himself... but posting an entirely different radio and name. WTF? Why in the world would you do something like this and try to maintain any sort of credibility?

So my question is... is Tom Bishop really even a FE proponent at all? Or is he just somebody that likes to rub gibberish around and hope it sticks?

Man that just sucks when people do things like that. I mean that's just low. I don't mind joking around and poking fun at each other... even if it gets out of hand at times it's all good I get it.. hey it's the internetz, but just scamming people? Man...
Dyslexics are teople poo!

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
Re: Debate: Is Tom Bishop For Real At All?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:26:27 AM »
I haven't believed Tom is for real for a while now.

I also can't believe how fast TheEngineer moved this topic. He's on fire today.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

Optimus Prime

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »
Yeah no kidding! Sorry Engineer... I didn't think about it should be here. Couldn't decide since it was a debatable issue.

Thanx.
- Optimus

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »
Can you screenshot a image of his PM to you (if that is ok with both you and Tom)?

Optimus Prime

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »
What PM? There was never any PM... it was a post in a different thread.

?

JackASCII

• Bitches love me.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »
Are you a ham radio operator? So am I.
Yes, quite.  No one would ever claim to be someone they're not in their profile name.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »
Are you a ham radio operator? So am I.

Yeah! What's your 'sign'? ;D
KB0RQB for I.D.

?

Germanicus

• Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »
Maybe he works for NASA, with his mission being to make the FE theorists seem like idiots.

Oh NASA, does your conspiracy know no bounds?

?

Loard Z

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »
it's more than that.

I don't even believe he's a real person. 90% of his posts are direct copies and pastes.
See My Greatness

Optimus Prime

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 12:13:07 PM »
Well, and it's like I say ... I just can't believe anyone would actually stoop *that* low. I mean come on... for crying out loud. I realize not everyone is going to give up their personal ID like I just did giving out my callsign like that, I don't expect them too, but if you're not who you say you are... who cares? No reason to outright lie about it to compare yourself, or try to cheat out a debate... how worthless is that?

Oh well I need ot get off the rant. I'm just in a bad mood over my friend Alex. Sorry everybody.

- Optimus

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 01:18:41 PM »
The jury seems largely to be still out on Tom, but I really have no reason to believe that he's not an FEer. I disagree with him on a few points, but all areas of science leave a little room for dispute between individuals. He's well read, reasonably consistent - I don't understand why people actually doubt his sincerity.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Loard Z

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 01:22:48 PM »
because he makes up things.

And because 90% of the stuff he copies + pastes is refuted or improved on.
See My Greatness

Optimus Prime

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 01:40:57 PM »
The jury seems largely to be still out on Tom, but I really have no reason to believe that he's not an FEer. I disagree with him on a few points, but all areas of science leave a little room for dispute between individuals. He's well read, reasonably consistent - I don't understand why people actually doubt his sincerity.

It's like Lord Z said Dogplatter. Although I find *you* to be sincere and consistent. Tom just flat out lied to me and everyone else, then tried to cover it up no less, then tried to lie again, and unfortunately I didn't give it much credence, but looking back upon other instances.. it really is a pattern.

Therefore, it is hard to give someone like that a whole lot of stock in what they say, or the amount of sincerity they display since they are so contradictory of themselves at times, and then go so far as to attempt to bash something they know you give a darn about.

Anyway I think you and I share a belief that all people deserve the benefit of the doubt, but I have personally reached the end of my rope with Tom. I'm sorry but that is the way I feel regardless. It's a pain.. but true nonetheless.  :(

?

Loard Z

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 01:41:50 PM »
after a while you learn to just scroll past him.

Except when he's pwning trolls.
See My Greatness

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »
It's like Lord Z said Dogplatter. Although I find *you* to be sincere and consistent. Tom just flat out lied to me and everyone else, then tried to cover it up no less, then tried to lie again, and unfortunately I didn't give it much credence, but looking back upon other instances.. it really is a pattern.

I dunno, I've never witnessed this flat-out lying. Are you sure it's not just that he said something you didn't agree with? I mean, from a globularist perspective (which I can only assume you're taking), every other FEer on this site is "lying".
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »

I dunno, I've never witnessed this flat-out lying. Are you sure it's not just that he said something you didn't agree with? I mean, from a globularist perspective (which I can only assume you're taking), every other FEer on this site is "lying".

He uses pasted paragraph generators to repeat his non-answers again and again and again. This isn't hidden.

[regarding OP]

And for the 9th time:

Perl scripts cannot be defeated with verbosity.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

roly poly

• this round earth is gloriously round
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 03:16:07 PM »
science doesnt offer near anough room for dispute to handle to kind of stuff you people spit out on here
Ants

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
science doesnt offer near anough room for dispute to handle to kind of stuff you people spit out on here

Irony.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »
Lol, he's not going to reply to this topic again, he probably won't even look at it.
The Earth is round. Get the hell over it.
Dude, look at this!!! Seriously!!!
And this too!!!

Optimus Prime

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »

I will leave it up to you since I respect you, but seriously DP... just scroll back a bit. Take a look where Tom claims he has a particular radio. #1, note that before he changed that post, it was a different picture and a different label he put on it (the label being different from the make of the radio in the picture). #2, after calling him on that fact - he in the meantime changed the picture and label... then finally went on to admitt that he didn't even have a radio.

To me, that is out and out lying to try and get information. The first part being somewhat unforgivable as he was not just being a liar, but attempting to squirm out of a situation "before anyone noticed" which I find very ... well just not very appropriate. If I am wrong about something then so be it. Who cares? I learned something that day. TheEngineer has caught me in a blunder in here that was just plain stupidity on my part... just today in fact (I think.. maybe yesterday I dunno) but who cares? I was tired and it was a goofy mistake.

All I'm saying is this. In my view there is no other way to interpret it than a blatant lie. I've gotten over it, I've pushed on with it, I'm just disgusted by it. 'Nuff said eh?

Take care my friend,
- Optimus

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 05:53:32 PM »
This is the relevant post, Doggy: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=18977.msg347405#msg347405

Optimus pointed out the "mistake" he made, and I pointed out that he completely changed the picture of what was supposed to be his ham radio.  There's no doubt that Tom lied here.

In my mind the authenticity of any personal evidence he has presented here is now cast in doubt.  I really should say, even more doubt than before.  This isn't the first time he's lied; his claim of catching people (children even!) frolicking in their bathing suits through a telescope far across the Monterey Bay on a chilly day is a classic example of Tom Bishop nonsense.  And of course he contradicts himself frequently.

This is really nothing new, of course, but Dogplatter, consider the evidence.  These aren't biased claims we're making.  It's not proof that Tom is a closet globularist, of course, but it calls into question everything he's ever said about himself, and that includes the claim that he believes in a flat earth.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 07:31:31 PM »
It's a good idea to quote tom, as he can be a rascally one.