Creation of a Flat Earth

• 45 Replies
Creation of a Flat Earth
« on: January 07, 2008, 07:37:05 AM »
Okay, here's a question I came up with.  According to the RE, our planet formed thanks to dust and gas gathering and swirling together after the Big Bang that created the universe.  Overtime, these particles solidified into the Earth, adopting a round shape like the shape a water drop makes when it falls to the ground.

So, in the FET, how is is possible for the Earth to form as a disk or cylinder?  I just can't imagine how the countless amount of tiny particles could gather to form any shape other than a sphere.
Don't try to argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Re: Creation of a Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:51:58 AM »
the earth is round

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 07:56:11 AM »
the earth is round
Support your statement.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 08:13:31 AM »
There is plenty of info out there to support my statement which is common knowledge.

There however is not any to support that the earth is flat. None that is logical anyways.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:40:30 AM »
Your posts would suggest otherwise. When I look outside I see a flat earth. The evidence is in my favour.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 08:47:31 AM »
lol that is your only argument...and it is really lame.

can you explain this?

http://www.outofbounds.com/

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »
Government conspiracy.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 09:21:29 AM »
lol that is your only argument...and it is really lame.

can you explain this?

http://www.outofbounds.com/
Read the FAQ. Circumnavigation is perfectly possible in FE thoery. You have not refuted my evidence.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 10:47:43 AM »
Okay, here's a question I came up with.  According to the RE, our planet formed thanks to dust and gas gathering and swirling together after the Big Bang that created the universe.  Overtime, these particles solidified into the Earth, adopting a round shape like the shape a water drop makes when it falls to the ground.

So, in the FET, how is is possible for the Earth to form as a disk or cylinder?  I just can't imagine how the countless amount of tiny particles could gather to form any shape other than a sphere.

No one who posted here offered an anser to my question so I'm posting it again.  Would an FET proponant please try to explain how this is possible?  I'm waiting.
Don't try to argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 10:50:12 AM »
How should we know how the earth was created? We weren't there.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 10:53:26 AM »
True, but at least modern RE science offers a theory into how it happened.  I want to find out what the FET has to say about it.

EDIT: And by it, I mean how the Earth was created as a disk or cylinder, not the FE opinion of RE theory of the planet's creation.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:55:12 AM by Logic hopeful »

?

Bushido

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 10:56:07 AM »
According to the RE, our planet formed thanks to dust and gas gathering and swirling together after the Big Bang that created the universe.

That's not how I heard it.

Overtime, these particles solidified into the Earth, adopting a round shape like the shape a water drop makes when it falls to the ground.

I don't see the basis for your analogy.

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 10:57:08 AM »
How should we know how the earth was created? We weren't there.

good logic.
Quote from: jack
I'm special.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »
Please keep in mind that I'm speaking as an RE'er.  I just do not, personally, accept Big Bang theory.

According to RE theory, there was nothing before the Big Bang, and then there was something after the Big Bang.  So, nothing + nothing = explosion, which causes everything that exists.  please, for the sake of all that is holy, try to replicate that.  Try to take nothing and cause something.  For example, empty out of a room of all manufactured and artificial substances.  Just leave the room with nothing in it except for bacteria and stuff.  Now, leave that room alone for nine months.  When you come back, is there a baby inside?  Of course not!  There was nothing to cause the baby, and there were no forces acting toward the effect of a human child.  In the room, there will be exactly what you left there: nothing.  Nothing + nothing = nothing.  Always.  Period. 
So, if there was ever a point when nothing existed at all, there would still be nothing.  And since there's a universe now, we can logically deduce that there was never nothing.  That means that the Big Bang did not create the universe, because it is logically impossible for an explosion to have been caused when there was nothing.  Even if the Big Bang happened, it is not a perfect theory for creation.

But, if you want a theory that explains a flat Earth, here goes: God was playing marbles and he stepped on this one by accident.  Is it random?  Yes.  Does it speak for the entire FES?  No.  Is it valid?  I don't know.  Now work on proving it wrong and then get back to me.
NOTICE:
I believe the Earth is round, and anything I say that suggests the contrary is stated for the spirit of debate.

Also, Viscount Dead Kangaroo > You.

?

Bushido

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »
Nothing + nothing = nothing.  Always.  Period. 

Thank you for the brilliant mathematical insight supporting your beliefs.

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 11:30:38 AM »
True Mongrel, but RE creation does not rely on the Big Bang. We have seen planets like our own form around stars using powerful telescopes. So the Big Bang is not necessary for a RE. That said, the Big Bang has its merits, such as explaining why systems too far away to communicate with each other have similar structures, and the expansion of the universe, so on. At any rate, how our solar system condensed into planets and the sun is independent of the Big Bang.

And Mongrel is right about FE's theory for a FE, namely: Huh?

Well, he does have a valid concern with the Big Bang, which other physicists have raised...
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 11:33:50 AM »
True Mongrel, but RE creation does not rely on the Big Bang. We have seen planets like our own form around stars using powerful telescopes. So the Big Bang is not necessary for a RE. That said, the Big Bang has its merits, such as explaining why systems too far away to communicate with each other have similar structures, and the expansion of the universe, so on. At any rate, how our solar system condensed into planets and the sun is independent of the Big Bang.

Well, yes, but determining how the materials for the Earth came into existence seems a vital part of understanding the Earth's creation, in my opinion.

Any time. 
NOTICE:
I believe the Earth is round, and anything I say that suggests the contrary is stated for the spirit of debate.

?

Bushido

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 11:38:31 AM »
Regardless of how the Earth formed, or the Solar System, or the whole Universe, the Earth is still round.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
Regardless of how the Earth formed, or the Solar System, or the whole Universe, the Earth is still round.

This thread is about how the Earth was created, though.  Creation is of utmost importance in a thread about creation.   :-\
NOTICE:

?

Bushido

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 11:50:35 AM »

This thread is about how the Earth was created, though.  Creation is of utmost importance in a thread about creation.   :-\

This thread is trying to prove the falseness of a FE model by implying it cannot explain the creation of the Earth, while, at the same time, presenting false arguments that the OP thinks are correct in a RE model. The inability to explain the creation of an object does not imply that your stance about its shape is incorrect.

You have added nothing to the discussion by giving your own views about the Big Bang Theory and its connection with bacterias giving rise to human babies.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 11:54:19 AM by Bushido »

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 11:54:25 AM »

This thread is trying to prove the falseness of a FE model by implying it cannot explain the creation of the Earth, while, at the same time, presenting false arguments that the OP thinks are correct in a RE model. You have added nothing to the discussion by your own views about the Big Bang Theory and its connection with bacterias giving rise to human babies.

Before my post, no one had pointed out that his arguments were false.  I'd say pointing out that the arguments were false was a valid contribution, seeing as no one had done it yet...  I don't understand what the problem is, here.
NOTICE:

?

Bushido

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »
According to the RE, our planet formed thanks to dust and gas gathering and swirling together after the Big Bang that created the universe.

That's not how I heard it.

Overtime, these particles solidified into the Earth, adopting a round shape like the shape a water drop makes when it falls to the ground.

I don't see the basis for your analogy.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »
You addressed a part of his post that referenced what happened after the Big Bang.  I addressed the Big Bang. 
NOTICE:

?

Bushido

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »
You addressed only your own views.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »
You addressed only your own views.

Were my views invalid according to your views?
NOTICE:

?

Bushido

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 12:10:53 PM »
According to RE theory, there was nothing before the Big Bang, and then there was something after the Big Bang.  So, nothing + nothing = explosion, which causes everything that exists.

1. What is a 'RE theory'?
2. You are struggling with issues that the Ancient philosophers were struggling with. But, using empty logic, like 'The being exists' will get you nowhere.
3. Why do you add to 'nothing' at the left hand side of the equation. Then, why do you use the word 'explosion'. Where did the Universe explode into?

please, for the sake of all that is holy, try to replicate that.  Try to take nothing and cause something.  For example, empty out of a room of all manufactured and artificial substances.  Just leave the room with nothing in it except for bacteria and stuff.  Now, leave that room alone for nine months.  When you come back, is there a baby inside?  Of course not!  There was nothing to cause the baby, and there were no forces acting toward the effect of a human child.  In the room, there will be exactly what you left there: nothing.  Nothing + nothing = nothing.  Always.  Period.

Poor analogy. Time scales, fundamental interactions involved, etc.

So, if there was ever a point when nothing existed at all, there would still be nothing.  And since there's a universe now, we can logically deduce that there was never nothing.  That means that the Big Bang did not create the universe, because it is logically impossible for an explosion to have been caused when there was nothing.  Even if the Big Bang happened, it is not a perfect theory for creation.

This is a philosophic argument. The Big Bang theory is a scientific model, based on the Standard Model and General Theory of Relativity, trying to explain astronomical observations. It does not address the issue how the world began. Instead, it addresses the early stages of the Universe, and, its fate.

?

Bushido

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »
Google lag ...

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »
For the life of me, I cannot understand why we are arguing over the big bang. We know that matter exists, through astronomic observations, so how these materials came about is of great interest to physicists, but irrelevant to FE or RE, as this much is agreed. The point is that RET has a valid explanation of how these materials formed into a spherical object, whereas a FE has a blank look.
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

Bushido

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 12:30:42 PM »
So, by your logic, when people didn't know how the Universe was formed, they were wrong in thinking that the Earth was round.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »

1. What is a 'RE theory'?
2. You are struggling with issues that the Ancient philosophers were struggling with. But, using empty logic, like 'The being exists' will get you nowhere.
3. Why do you add to 'nothing' at the left hand side of the equation. Then, why do you use the word 'explosion'. Where did the Universe explode into?

1. That'd be Round Earth theory.
2. ... I'm sorry, but could you elaborate?  What you've said hasn't really given me any idea of your 2nd objection.
3. I was trying to show that, if there was nothing, there obviously were not two things which could interact together to cause something else.  Could have said "Nothing -> explosion -> everything" or "Nothing exploded and caused everything."  As for why I used the word explosion... well, I was talking about the Big Bang... what word should I have used?

Poor analogy. Time scales, fundamental interactions involved, etc.

Poor analogy, maybe.  But mostly because there isn't a way that we know of to replicate the Big Bang, so poor analogies are as close as I can come.  I mean, any replication of the Big Bang will do.  Since I know we don't have any replication of the Big Bang, I was trying to present a replicable situation in which nothing can be shown to cause nothing.

This is a philosophic argument. The Big Bang theory is a scientific model, based on the Standard Model and General Theory of Relativity, trying to explain astronomical observations. It does not address the issue how the world began. Instead, it addresses the early stages of the Universe, and, its fate.

... I don't see what your point is.  Yes, I was using a philosophical argument, and yes, the Big Bang is a scientific model.  That doesn't mean that what I said was irrelevant to the Big Bang.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why we are arguing over the big bang.

I was mentioning it casually because I believe that determining cause of materials is important.  If the Big Bang theory is incorrect, it could be possible that the explanations provided by the Big Bang are also faulty.  Thus, it could be possible that the RE explanation for the Earth's formation might lose some credibility.

So, by your logic, when people didn't know how the Universe was formed, they were wrong in thinking that the Earth was round.

Whose logic?
NOTICE: