noob essentials: troll bishop debate forfeits

• 59 Replies

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: noob essentials: troll bishop debate forfeits
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 06:36:12 PM »
No it is not close to that. You are not risking your public reputation or career. Some may have been truthful but i doubt it. There are no FE'ers on this website.

What do we have to gain by telling you the Earth is flat?

(This question should sound familiar. It's asked a hell of a lot on this forum with only one word changed.)

Unlike the RE Conspiracy, which has a fiscal motive, what does your FE Conspiracy have driving it? Why would we bother with all this if we thought the Earth was a sphere?
Flaw with your question trying to mock me. I am not claiming the Earth to be round. I am claiming that you believe it is round.

There are two reasons you would, the first obvious, the second isn't mine to tell.

G,night.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 06:40:22 PM »
Anyway, here's another take - what distinguishes Tom from other "true Zetetics" on this site (Myself, Chaltier, Dionysios, Raa, etc., etc.,) in such a way that you suspect he is insincere?

because it stretches the bounds of credibility to believe that he could lose (or at least forfeit) so many arguments - again and again and again - and lie so blatantly so many times, and actually be sincere in his beliefs.  and furthermore, to be so mind-bendingly rigid and unyielding in his "beliefs". 

sure, it's not impossible, and i'm certainly not claiming i possess anything resembling "proof".  but, it's some evidence.  and it helps to back up the gut feelings of a lot of currently active members.

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 06:43:59 PM »
I don't even believe Tom Bishop is a real person.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 06:45:05 PM »
I know for a fact he isn't a person.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »

how so?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix

?

Loard Z

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »

how so?

Because once you get to 2000 posts, you get the keys to his account. I know, I've got them.
See My Greatness

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2008, 09:09:51 PM »
ah, now i see that your previous reply had a picture of lord ming from flash gordon (?) with a kangaroo face.  when i first saw it, the picture didn't come up so i thought it was just an empty reply.

well, is sure as hell won't be getting to 2,000 posts, so i suppose i'll never get those keys...

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »
So for competing theories, we have, with regard to frivolous complexity:

i think both agent and jackascii said it best.  but as a tertiary and surely less likely argument, it is conceivable that bishop is just a brilliant man purposely and diligently forestalling the effects of aging, by diving whole-hog into a completely contrarian belief system, and exercising incredibly consistent and admirable self-discipline in his "defense" of it.  (this of course assumes he is in reality as old or older than his avatar.)

He thinks the Earth is Flat.

And I so often hear from globularists how a worldwide Conspiracy is far too complex to be true!

Anyway, here's another take - what distinguishes Tom from other "true Zetetics" on this site (Myself, Chaltier, Dionysios, Raa, etc., etc.,) in such a way that you suspect he is insincere?
Well You will admit when you are wrong about something (except for the shape of the earth of course) as well as admit when you do not know the answer, and RAA seems to be a religious fundamentalist of some sort, and then just a small step above Tom would be TheEngineer who unlike Tom who tries to sound smart with long posts that talk about nothing just keeps his posts very very short so people assume he knows what he is talking about, or better yet focuses on a single case (local FoR) where he is correct and talk about that but try to make you think he is talking about the OP. The Rest I am not familiar with.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2008, 11:22:48 PM »
TheEngineer who unlike Tom who tries to sound smart with long posts that talk about nothing just keeps his posts very very short so people assume he knows what he is talking about, or better yet focuses on a single case (local FoR) where he is correct
And yet, you have still not shown me to be wrong about anything.  Ever.  I, on the other hand, have shown you to be wrong on numerous occasions.  So, which one of us actually knows what they are talking about and which of us is talking out their ass?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2008, 11:32:54 PM »
TheEngineer who unlike Tom who tries to sound smart with long posts that talk about nothing just keeps his posts very very short so people assume he knows what he is talking about, or better yet focuses on a single case (local FoR) where he is correct
And yet, you have still not shown me to be wrong about anything.  Ever.  I, on the other hand, have shown you to be wrong on numerous occasions.  So, which one of us actually knows what they are talking about and which of us is talking out their ass?
Like I said you pick the single case where you would be correct and talk about that but try and make it seem you were talking about the OP. So you of course would be correct if what you were talking about reflected what everyone else was talking about.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2008, 11:36:32 PM »

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2008, 12:02:21 AM »
Like I said you pick the single case where you would be correct and talk about that but try and make it seem you were talking about the OP. So you of course would be correct if what you were talking about reflected what everyone else was talking about.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2008, 03:40:47 AM »
I don't understand why you and others before you have such trouble believing that people could actually hold a different view on the shape of the Earth.

Part of that is due to the flip-flop nature of some of your stances. Not to mention, when cornered, some of you outright ignore the barking dog, and disappear into the wall of silence.

Most people of reasonable intelligence assume bullshit when this occurs. Some people Assume it means they themselves are to blame, are misguided, etc. And yet, the vast majority of the debate I see on here, when one of you is cornered, you respond with outright elitist machine language (read faq - ad infinitum) or you go silent.

It's kind of a pattern of behavior that neither reinforces nor invalidates any of this stuff.

And let's not forget, a small cadre of mavericks surrounded by a screaming mass of skeptics is cool to the chicks...:D
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2008, 06:22:43 AM »
Part of that is due to the flip-flop nature of some of your stances. Not to mention, when cornered, some of you outright ignore the barking dog, and disappear into the wall of silence.

Most people of reasonable intelligence assume bullshit when this occurs. Some people Assume it means they themselves are to blame, are misguided, etc. And yet, the vast majority of the debate I see on here, when one of you is cornered, you respond with outright elitist machine language (read faq - ad infinitum) or you go silent.

It's kind of a pattern of behavior that neither reinforces nor invalidates any of this stuff.

In fairness, the "Read the FAQ" is usually only brought out when the answer is, you know, in the FAQ. As for the silence, it's often more due to the fact that there are maybe 5 active FEers trying to answer to the challenges of hundreds of Globs.

Although...
Quote from: Flat Earth: The History of an Infamous Idea
...when lecturing in Somerset he had turned out the gas when unable to answer a question and escaped under the cover of darkness to try his luck elsewhere.
  8)
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2008, 06:31:24 AM »

In fairness, the "Read the FAQ" is usually only brought out when the answer is, you know, in the FAQ. As for the silence, it's often more due to the fact that there are maybe 5 active FEers trying to answer to the challenges of hundreds of Globs.

Although...
Quote from: Flat Earth: The History of an Infamous Idea
...when lecturing in Somerset he had turned out the gas when unable to answer a question and escaped under the cover of darkness to try his luck elsewhere.
  8)

Granted, but any reasonable person has to admit that some answers contained within the FAQ are vague at best, and intentionally obtuse and obfuscating at worst. ;)

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2008, 06:32:40 AM »

You are one of the few, my friend. *demonic grin*

?

Loard Z

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2008, 06:33:23 AM »

I've proved you wrong. I can't prove it, but at least I know it and you know it.
See My Greatness

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2008, 09:29:29 AM »
I have no idea what you are talking about.

-- Bob Hudson

?

Loard Z

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2008, 09:30:48 AM »
i'm shuur.
See My Greatness

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 11:04:47 AM »
It is hard to prove theengineer wrong because he only talks about something where he knows he is right. The problem is what he is talking about usually has nothing to do with what everyone else is talking about. ie: applying a local FoR when talking about gravitational lensing caused by other galactic bodies, but he decided to talk about light bending by acceleration.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »
When?

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 11:17:50 AM »
Oh yeah you have on numerous occasions pointed out spelling and grammer errors as well as typo's. WOW that is amazing

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »
It is hard to prove theengineer wrong because he only talks about something where he knows he is right. The problem is what he is talking about usually has nothing to do with what everyone else is talking about. ie: applying a local FoR when talking about gravitational lensing caused by other galactic bodies, but he decided to talk about light bending by acceleration.

This is the best post on this site.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 05:30:55 PM »

*thinks for once and grins at midnight when it clicks*

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2008, 06:37:53 PM »
Raist, you're following.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »
Not sure what u mean there Ire.