What about modern explorers?

• 13 Replies
What about modern explorers?
« on: December 23, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »
Another question to ponder:  I would imagine that nearly every part along the border of Antarctica has been explored and photographed by scientists.  Wouldn't they notice that the continent is not a continent at all, but a border that constantly curves outward and not inward?  I'm sure at least one of them would've figured this out and published his findings.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: What about modern explorers?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 10:59:11 PM »
What studies are there which which show that Antarctica curves inwards, not outwards?

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 02:16:30 AM »
What studies are there which which show that Antarctica curves inwards, not outwards?

The very same studies that have resulted in the well-known maps of Antarctica that we have today.

Here is an example:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/maps/antarctica/

It certainly seems to curve outwards more than inwards doesn't it?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 03:37:50 AM by Richard Kilgore »

Spacehopperjoe

• He dosnt sleep, he waits.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 04:24:29 AM »
Another question to ponder:  I would imagine that nearly every part along the border of Antarctica has been explored and photographed by scientists.  Wouldn't they notice that the continent is not a continent at all, but a border that constantly curves outward and not inward?  I'm sure at least one of them would've figured this out and published his findings.

You assume explorers are actually A. Intelligent and B.Not part of the consiracy.

Read the FAQ first, it will save half of you looking like fools!

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 05:09:13 AM »
You assume explorers are actually A. Intelligent and B.Not part of the consiracy.

o yea , the people who actully go there are not intelligent, but you. sitting at your computer with ur E-PHD know exactly what Antarctica looks like.  ::) ::)
Quote from: jack
I'm special.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 05:46:33 AM »
How can you say whether a landmass curves outwards or inwards from measuring limited stretches of the shoreline? Bigger problems are southern longitudes, southern summers, and the magnetic south pole. If the latter really exists, the flat earth theory is busted for good.
"Lord, how was the world created?"

"You used your eyes to see, ears to listen, nose to smell, tongue to taste, and skin to feel. Thus began the world you inhabit."

Spacehopperjoe

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 05:49:41 AM »
o yea , the people who actully go there are not intelligent, but you. sitting at your computer with ur E-PHD know exactly what Antarctica looks like.  ::) ::)

My dog got the e diploma Im working on the real one. But it seriously dosnt take much intelligence to go somewhere nobody has been before. And the hilarious thing is most of these people die trying, thats moronic, to the max. And I know exactly what antarctia looks like, google earth is the best explorer in the world. I can explore anywhere from sitting at home with my computer and dog with a diploma.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 06:02:34 AM »
especially if you use the flight sim.

It's as if you're really there!

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 07:37:38 AM »

My dog got the e diploma Im working on the real one. But it seriously dosnt take much intelligence to go somewhere nobody has been before. And the hilarious thing is most of these people die trying, thats moronic, to the max. And I know exactly what antarctia looks like, google earth is the best explorer in the world. I can explore anywhere from sitting at home with my computer and dog with a diploma.

google earth is taken with satellites, which = RE WIN !!
Quote from: jack
I'm special.

Spacehopperjoe

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 08:27:48 AM »
^ Omg, your so right, With your bulletpoint knowledge you have shown me the error of my ways! Because there are satellites and an "=" sign Round earthers win!!!!!!!! How could I have been so foolish living my life by the flat earth way!!! See how it has effected my lifestyle of 2.4 children and an unhappy marriage both of which I do not have.

What does it actually matter if the earth if flat or round? Does it effect your life in any major way if its either or?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 09:24:32 AM »
google earth is taken with satellites, which = RE WIN !!
Google Earth is done with airplanes, which = FE WIN!!

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 11:00:56 AM »
Google Earth is actually a mini-Earth in your computer which = GE WIN!!

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 02:05:13 PM »
Quit the GE/FE = win nonsense, it irritates me.

Anyhow, a quick peek at google maps reveals that Terrametrics is responsible for the imagery, which uses...satellites. Guess google's part of the conspiracy as well....now you'll have to find a new search engine not controlled by the global conspiracy. Try ask, surely they're too small to be part of the conspiracy...
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 02:08:35 PM »
Quit the GE/FE = win nonsense, it irritates me.

Anyhow, a quick peek at google maps reveals that Terrametrics is responsible for the imagery, which uses...satellites. Guess google's part of the conspiracy as well....now you'll have to find a new search engine not controlled by the global conspiracy. Try ask, surely they're too small to be part of the conspiracy...

I've implicated so many people in this global conspiracy that it's not even funny.  It could be remotely possible with only a few people in on it, but there are so many people that would have to be in on the conspiracy that the whole conspiracy theory turns to rubbish.