FE Problems

• 102 Replies
Re: FE Problems
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »
Bigger point I am suprised has never been addressed.

In the Earth we live in, the time it take to fly (in the same aeroplane) from Spain to New York is roughly the same time it takes to fly from South Africa to Brazil. This can be confirmed upon a RE map, as the ditance is roughly the same (maybe an hours or two differece, this is simply an example).

http://www.travelpost.com/images/dir2.atlantic.jpg

Now, lets turn your gaze to a FE map.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Flat_earth.jpg

This distance has tripled, probably more. I don't feel like measuring string. All this direction stuff, that may or may not be true, is competely useless, when the time it takes to fly apparently massive differences is so similar.

The same plane flying the same time there and back apparently has different speed based purely on latitude, despite airspeed indicators being damn near infalible. Remember, it take the same time to fly both direction, so some magical air current is out of the question.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
Check this image to see what I'm talking about.

The sun is only 3,000 miles above the earth, about the distance across the continental US. That places it pretty close to the earth.

In the Earth we live in, the time it take to fly (in the same aeroplane) from Spain to New York is roughly the same time it takes to fly from South Africa to Brazil. This can be confirmed upon a RE map, as the ditance is roughly the same (maybe an hours or two differece, this is simply an example).

This distance has tripled, probably more. I don't feel like measuring string. All this direction stuff, that may or may not be true, is competely useless, when the time it takes to fly apparently massive differences is so similar.

That's correct. The RE globe contorts and squishes actual distances. Reality reflects the FE model.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:00:22 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »
You didn't answer anything. It takes the same time to travel from Spain to New York and between South Africa and Brazil. At the same speed, this implies the same distance by Speed= distance/time.

The FE model shows massivly different distances. Yet time and speed remain the same. Please explain.

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2008, 02:18:06 PM »
You didn't answer my argument either. Explain how the FE-models sun can give us the colors of the sky?

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »
Check this image to see what I'm talking about.

The sun is only 3,000 miles above the earth, about the distance across the continental US. That places it pretty close to the earth.

That's correct. The RE globe contorts and squishes actual distances. Reality reflects the FE model.
Maybe in the crazy robot reality you inhabit. Here on Earth, you'll find the opposite is true,
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »
You didn't answer anything. It takes the same time to travel from Spain to New York and between South Africa and Brazil. At the same speed, this implies the same distance by Speed= distance/time.

The FE model shows massivly different distances. Yet time and speed remain the same. Please explain.

Have you traveled between South Africa and Brazil and timed the duration of your flight?

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2008, 05:39:39 AM »

Have you traveled between South Africa and Brazil and timed the duration of your flight?
Have you? I guess not, since you need to be plugged into the generator to function at all.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2008, 10:01:08 AM »
Please, answer mine.

Explain how the FE-models sun can give us the colors of the sky. The sky should only be blue arund the sun, the rest should be red, if FE is true.

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2008, 12:26:50 PM »

No. but my dad did back on the day with his job. Same with the other flight, but UK to USA. I checked with him to see if his flight times matched those from which I based my observation. They did. His watch (which doesn't automatically adjust for time zones or any of that shizzle) recorded about 7 hours and a little longer for South Africa to Rio. And yes he did pay attention to the timings, due to the whole thing being about getting between a series of meetings. So unless he is in on the conspiricy as well...

At any rate, you question every bit of evidence for a RE, yet have none for a FE that doesn't also get proved in a RE. Other than 'it looks flat from where I am standing'.

Have you even seen a giant ice wall around the edge of the world? Have you made detailed observations to say that the Sun and the moon fly in circles above the Earth, and the light magically doesn't reach us from the sun for half the day due 'it fading over distance', yet we can still se the stars that are millions of times further from us?

You simply sit, look out the window and say that it looks more flat than round, and then make up hundreds of bits of evidence to support it.

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2008, 12:50:34 PM »

Have you already forgotten the last thread we had about this? It's in my sig, the proof thread, for all who are interested. What happened was we found flight logs, and found this out, to which Tom ingeniously responded that there must be two way jet streams travelling at approximately 2000 MPH to make things work. Incredible!
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

Kill-9

• House Shaped Earth Proponent
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »
Have you already forgotten the last thread we had about this? It's in my sig, the proof thread, for all who are interested. What happened was we found flight logs, and found this out, to which Tom ingeniously responded that there must be two way jet streams travelling at approximately 2000 MPH to make things work. Incredible!
Its perfectly feasable. I mean, you couldn't POSSIBLY notice the intertia you'd experience at those speeds ;).
Quote from: Tom Bishop
(random horseshit that doesn't make sense)
Quote from: Viscount Dead Kangaroo
I spend half the day with a dick in my mouth

?

char70ger

• The flat earth is a globe!!!
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »
The other thing to remember is that commercial flights don't fly in a straight heading to get to their destinations. They fly in a semi circle kinda arch in order to use the curve of the earth to their advantage. That is why a flight from NY to London flies over Newfoundland, not directly across the Atlantic. That is because the distance is actually shorter because the earth narrows as you go north. Same in the southern hemisphere. This is done every day. Flights from JFK to London all follow the same route up over Newfoundland. I know because there are dozens of flights there every day. There is a JFK to London flight every hour, 24 hours per day, seven days a week. Thousands of people have made that flight. My sister in law was a nanny in London. I have dropped her off and picked her up many times, from JFK, when I lived in Pennsylvania. And the first time she went she couldn't understand why if NY is so close to the ocean why did they fly over land for so long before getting to the ocean and this was the answer.

Also here is a flight distance calc.

http://www.etn.nl/distanc4.htm
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:35:25 AM by char70ger »

?

char70ger

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2008, 10:33:36 AM »
No rebuttal? Anyone want to dispute this? Flying north to go east because the distance is shorter, thus proving a RE.

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2008, 11:00:10 AM »
The jet streams are not perfectly straight.

?

char70ger

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »
Ocean going ships travel that way as well. They go north then east so they can use the smaller circumference of the more northern latitudes, which means they travel less far, a shorter distance. It has nothing to do with jet streams. I don't know why this has not been brought up before now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:16:31 AM by char70ger »

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »
There is no FE map so you can not use shipping times to discredit the theory.   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:21:54 AM by travis »

?

fshy94

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2008, 11:25:54 AM »
OK, I've heard this argument before. You are implying that two concentric circles have equal circumference. Do you wish to make this argument? Just say it. In the FE world, are two concentric circles capable of having equal circumference? Because I proved, with both ships and planes, that the distance on the two tropics match with the RE model, basically somewhat equal. So, how does FE do this?

The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »
Just as there are jet streams above the earth there are currents in the ocean.  When ships travel they are moving at a speed relative to the water.  The information provided to map and chart makers causes the ships to unknowingly use these currents to reach their destinations at times that make it seem that they are traveling on a round earth.  It's all very clear in my head.  That should be enough. 

?

char70ger

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2008, 11:48:19 AM »
But they intentionally fly north then east to go from New York to London. It doesn't just happen. Even Charles Lindbergh flew this route to France, not a straight heading across the Atlantic, and he was far BELOW the jet stream.

http://www.charleslindbergh.com/history/maps.asp

This is why there needs to be an FE map. A MODERN FE map.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:51:11 AM by char70ger »

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2008, 11:52:07 AM »
I agree, the lack of an accurate map is the area in which I feel FE theory needs the most work.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2008, 11:54:17 AM »
Perhaps, if the center ring was closer to the tropic of capricorn instead of the equator.  Most international flights from SA are pretty near to that mark and the differences would be hard to notice in the northern areas stretched slightly larger.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2008, 11:54:48 AM »

That's not possible for obvious reasons.

?

fshy94

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »
Wait, so Username, are you disputing North-South distances as measured normally? Cuz that is what you're doing...

^^LOL!

?

char70ger

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »
Lets not get off the point. What about Lindbergh's transatlantic flight? Below the jet stream.

?

fshy94

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2008, 11:59:20 AM »
And furthermore on the jet stream front...

A. Most flights don't follow the known jet streams. Are there more, and if so, why aren't they detected?

B. Jet streams have an average speed of 75 MPH. Period. You need 2000 by my calculations. Even bending things extremely hard, you'll still need at least 10 times the strength of a normal jet stream.

^^LOL!

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2008, 12:06:30 PM »
Lets not get off the point. What about Lindbergh's transatlantic flight? Below the jet stream.
If Lindbergh's flight path were applied to an FE map it would be roughly straight.

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »

I agree, the lack of an accurate map is the area in which I feel FE theory needs the most work.
You really think that's the part that needs the most work?  Have you ever tried to argue against the points that fshy and charger are making here?
You have to make things up.  There are no answers to their questions in FE.  I've noticed when these type of topics come up Tom generally takes over the argument, and while that is very entertaining it doesn't accomplish much.  I'm trying to be as open minded as possible here(I have a critical thinking class this semester), but these questions are just not explained at all in FE.   

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:03:31 AM by travis »

?

char70ger

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »
Just trying to get every thinking. ;)

?

char70ger

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2008, 09:55:08 AM »
No rebuttal on going north to go east because it is a shorter route??? Can it be explained in FE?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2008, 09:58:45 AM »
You really think that's the part that needs the most work?

Yes; a lack of an accurate map makes comparisons between models and an actual mathematical analysis non-existent.

There is no answer to their questions in FE.

No answer != incorrect
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good