OK I'll bite..simple question?

• 64 Replies
?

Bushido

Re: OK I'll bite..simple question?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »
If the Earth is indeed flat, why must we use multiple satellites to send and receive signals. for example, you need at least 3 satellites to make a cell call from say new york to tokyo, because the signal cannot travel in a straight line, due to the earths roundness, the signal would just get beamed into space, you need a second satellite to catch the signal and transmit it to the next and then down to you.

explain please, if the earth  is flat we have wasted countless dollars and resources for nothing.

bite me instead.

Spacehopperjoe

• He dosnt sleep, he waits.
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 05:07:49 PM »
first of all, that's not even remotely what i said.  secondly, why would it be (apparently) ironic if i did?

First of all it is what you said, here

then my I suggest that the cultures that demand blood for insults (like say, Iraq, Pakistan, etc.) may better suit you.

Is this not you saying that all violent people should group together out in Iraq, Pakistan and hence leave wherever they are? Sounds like it.

Also the fact you know the army is used for "strategic interests", thats basically the bit the american government uses to excuse itself while raping other countries. The get out of jail free card that always tags along with the more patriotical "protect american freedoms". How can you not see yourself regurgitating this subliminally fed crap?

And how the fuck can you get away with saying...

if lives are lost in pursuing an objective, then the blood is on your hands--not mine, for voting...

...what. So when someone dies out on the battlefield or in "pursuing an objective" its the general public's fault for ticking the wrong box on election day???? Thats just light hearted philosophy designed for the pussy who cannot take full responcibility for what he/she does. Instead they are just appart of the "cowboy culture and it's propensity violence" o0o how horrible! "Im just appart of a bigger monster, what can I do"

I would rather be doing jack shit rather than taking part in being the monster and then do jack shit.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 05:43:30 PM by Spacehopperjoe »
Read the FAQ first, it will save half of you looking like fools!

Spacehopperjoe

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »
And your right, I feel like im going to get a better sleep tonight.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 05:10:24 PM »
I just lost a lot of respect for you.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Spacehopperjoe

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 05:13:17 PM »
I just lost a lot of respect for you.

I dont think I will sleep at all tonight now. :(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 05:26:33 PM by Spacehopperjoe »

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 05:23:07 PM »
If the Earth is indeed flat, why must we use multiple satellites to send and receive signals. for example, you need at least 3 satellites to make a cell call from say new york to tokyo, because the signal cannot travel in a straight line, due to the earths roundness, the signal would just get beamed into space, you need a second satellite to catch the signal and transmit it to the next and then down to you.

explain please, if the earth  is flat we have wasted countless dollars and resources for nothing.

bite me instead.

How insightful.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 11:29:40 PM »
first of all, that's not even remotely what i said.  secondly, why would it be (apparently) ironic if i did?

First of all it is what you said, here

then my I suggest that the cultures that demand blood for insults (like say, Iraq, Pakistan, etc.) may better suit you.

Is this not you saying that all violent people should group together out in Iraq, Pakistan and hence leave wherever they are? Sounds like it.

quite the opposite.  i was drawing a metaphorical parallel between the great personal offense midnight expressed to the op's posts, and cultures that demand violent revenge in return for personal insults and offended honor.  the underlying message was, "chill out dude, it's just an internet forum".

Also the fact you know the army is used for "strategic interests", thats basically the bit the american government uses to excuse itself while raping other countries. The get out of jail free card that always tags along with the more patriotical "protect american freedoms". How can you not see yourself regurgitating this subliminally fed crap?

you need to re-read what i wrote...actually it's too late, you should have read it better the first time.  whether i wrote my thoughts clearly or not (probably could have taken more time which i will do now), is no excuse for that kind of talk.  ...but don't worry, my honor is not offended.

look, let's get one thing crystal clear: i did not invade iraq.  so set down your holier-than-though little flamestick.  nor did i decide to invade iraq.  i have made not a single excuse for the invasion of iraq - the reasons, the execution, the presentation, the cost, the outcome, the consequences, nothing.  what i did was provide you with a brief civics lesson.  it didn't sink in, so i'll say it another way, with a bit of repetition:

the armed forces of the united states of america are, as architected in the us constitution, led from the top by civilians - and ultimately by an elected one.  these civilians create foreign policy, however noble, evil, brilliant, or stupid it may prove to be.  the us armed forces implement, by directive, that policy when called upon to do so. 

this approach has pros and cons.  some of the drawbacks are that people inexperienced in modern warfare can wind up deciding the fate of thousands if not millions of lives, both in the near and distant futures.  these people may have no idea what it means to serve in combat, or what it is like to make on-the-spot life or death decisions having potentially profound and immediate downstream consequences.  but most scholars agree that the advantages of this imperfect system outweigh those drawbacks.  to see the perils of a general running a country, one need look no further than, say, musharraf, khadaffi, (nominally) hussein, and virtually every corrupt dictator in history, such as several in africa today.  our founding fathers understood this cornundrum well.

so i really don't see what your problem is.  i have my own armchair quarterback views on how things have been handled, just like you - but i've had much better intel than the bullshit you get on your tv screen while stuffing your face with ho-hos.  and my views may or may not coincide with yours at various levels of subtlety.  but you're not going to hear mine, at least not explicitly.  if you think you know my political views, then re-read because you are probably mistaken.  i highly value my internet anonymity, which for starters allows me to engage on this forum at all in the first place.  but i don't at all take it for granted, and a little paranoia can be small insurance for careers.  so, with the exception of surely a few little slip-ups that i don't fret too much over, you're not going to hear me either defend or condemn recent or current us foreign policy.  so back the fuck off because you have no idea what you are talking about, and it seems pretty evident that you have absolutely not the slightest goddamn clue of what it's like to serve in hostile territory where losing useful chunks of flesh is routine. 

and just so you know, while risking thier asses, those in harm's way aren't doing it for our leaders.  the old cliche is true, it's to keep each other alive, while executing a specific mission that we may not even have the privilege of understand the reason why, or the bigger picture, even the officers.

so you know what?  if you want to "support our troops" (whatever the hell a "troop" is), then do just one thing: try real fucking hard to get what i've said through your skull.  and know this: most of the "troops" don't give a rats ass what you think - they just want to do their jobs and get back home to their families.

And how the fuck can you get away with saying...

if lives are lost in pursuing an objective, then the blood is on your hands--not mine, for voting...

...what. So when someone dies out on the battlefield or in "pursuing an objective" its the general public's fault for ticking the wrong box on election day???? Thats just light hearted philosophy designed for the pussy who cannot take full responcibility for what he/she does. Instead they are just appart of the "cowboy culture and it's propensity violence" o0o how horrible! "Im just appart of a bigger monster, what can I do"

I would rather be doing jack shit rather than taking part in being the monster and then do jack shit.

you grossly misunderstood me or just read carelessly.  what i meant was, when our civilian leadership insisted on war as the first option, with much flag-waving and 9/11 chest-thumping, what did you do?  what did you think?  were you thinking ahead to the inevitable casualties, and iraqi civilian casualties (which historically outnumber combatant casualties in guerrilla warfare by 4:1), that would certainly result?  or did you listen all starry-eyed with a heart full of revenge, to the civilians that said it would be quick with few casualties?  did you bother to do any research at all about guerrilla warfare of the past to get a ballpark image, independent of what your elected civilians were telling you?

you think about that real hard.  real, fucking hard.  (don't tell me about it because i don't care.)  because that was your chance to stop what you are whining now about.  now is just a bit fucking late.  i suspect that if you are like some 93-odd percent of the populace, you were screaming for blood like everyone else.  and don't even tell me you were against it from the start, the odds are overwhelmingly against that as a likelihood.  so fuck you.  you have no goddamn moral authority to so casually judge me with on what you think you know, especially when you haven't the foggiest idea of what my convictions, actions, and sacrifices are and have been.

but hey.  i'm not mad at you.  i'm not even mad.  just wise up.

the united states army is an all-volunteer force made of us citizens, and is no more or less intrinsically violent than any other cross-section of america.

I would like to see something to back this up.

which part?  if you mean the last part i can save you time: i worded that to come off as opinion, which it is, and clearly isn't something that could be easily proven or disproven anyway ("intrinsically" is the magic opinion word).

Spacehopperjoe

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 09:07:43 AM »
look, let's get one thing crystal clear: i did not invade iraq.

I wasnt talking about just Iraq thats another assumption you got wrong, I have a tiny bit more scope than that. I was going on about the 24 other countries america has casually bombed since the end of world war 2 and have gotten away with it because people pass it off as part of their "strategic interests" or for the "better interests of america." How many times has america been invaded or attacked since ww2?........Im so not inculding 9/11 in the grand total of 0 times. That wasnt an attack from a goverment, more like a cult. Still an attack? Fine, 1 against 24.

[img]http://atsmedia.cachefly.net/uploads/ats23471_356074.280738.gif[/image]

and virtually every corrupt dictator in history

Everyone of them knew excatly what they were up to and were pretty open with it. America (as one entity) seems to just go about from country to country and impose its own will of democracy upon them. Whats the diffrence between forcibly imposing democracy or tyranny on a countrys populace? One leaves a salty after taste while the other leaves them standing up for weeks? "Oh but its okay, with democracy they can at least complain about it after...." and not to mention it sits alot better in the stomachs of people who invaded in the first place.

this approach has pros and cons.

You just listed some face value con that you think is a major issue, I dont care who is in charge its what they are in charge off, and is there any pro that will outweigh having a war machine that has no conscious or forsight as it isnt allowed to see the bigger picture?

it seems pretty evident that you have absolutely not the slightest goddamn clue of what it's like to serve in hostile territory where losing useful chunks of flesh is routine.

Thank god I come across as that guy, I wouldnt want to be the one who went into the enemy teritory without knowing why just beacuse I was told. A mate of mine did actually go out to Iraq, not saying much but when he came back he made it clear the pipelines he was sent to gaurd were safe and continuing to pump oil for the greater good. At least they got democracy in return huh?

you grossly misunderstood me or just read carelessly.  what i meant was, when our civilian leadership insisted on war as the first option, with much flag-waving and 9/11 chest-thumping, what did you do?  what did you think?  were you thinking ahead to the inevitable casualties, and iraqi civilian casualties (which historically outnumber combatant casualties in guerrilla warfare by 4:1), that would certainly result?  or did you listen all starry-eyed with a heart full of revenge, to the civilians that said it would be quick with few casualties?  did you bother to do any research at all about guerrilla warfare of the past to get a ballpark image, independent of what your elected civilians were telling you?

Jesus, you judgmental fuck. Im not american, thank god. I couldnt have cared less about the 9/11 bullshit. I was laughing, at last america had a taste of the anguish their civilization had forced upon the other countries they bombed on a whim. Its not nice is it america? Bit too salty for you liking eh? Im from the uk man, I still have my whistle from the stop the war rally when people went out and protested your war of terror. We are your allies, we will help you guys out and back you up but it dosnt mean we enjoy it. Whats hilarous is you keep saying its the civilians fault, (they were given advice from the army guys) they were just the face to the fake information.

you have no goddamn moral authority to so casually judge me with on what you think you know, especially when you haven't the foggiest idea of what my convictions, actions, and sacrifices are and have been.

No moral authority? The guy who dosnt go off to war and lose bits of his body in enemy teritory has less morals than the guy whos appart of the blind war machine?

And as for the "dont judge me", its what the internet is about, and the only thing I judge people on is their actions. It isnt what you do, its how you do it.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2007, 10:02:39 AM »
you're still talking to me as if i'm the united states of america or it's policy-makers.  you just don't get it, do you.

and by the way, yes i was assuming you were american, which is why i spelled that assumption out explicitly in my first post you flipped out over.   however, you did not correct that explicitly stated assumption, and furthermore several of your responses hinted strongly that you are american, and somehow it's my fault that you are british?  (in fact it's so suspicious, i think it's a last-minute convenient lie.  perhaps theengineer can geolocate your ip for verification of your story.)

if you are so upset about it, whining to me about it on a flat-earth internet forum isn't going to change a damn thing.  either *do something* about it, or shut the fuck up.  period.  if you can't or won't do anything about it (yes there are things brits can do, even make-believe ones), then you know your remaining option. 

until then, do not make a single assumption about my personal political views, or the actions i take regarding them.  you've told me your views; i haven't told you mine nor am i going to.

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »
you're still talking to me as if i'm the united states of america or it's policy-makers.  you just don't get it, do you.

and by the way, yes i was assuming you were american, which is why i spelled that assumption out explicitly in my first post you flipped out over.   however, you did not correct that explicitly stated assumption, and furthermore several of your responses hinted strongly that you are american, and somehow it's my fault that you are british?  (in fact it's so suspicious, i think it's a last-minute convenient lie.  perhaps theengineer can geolocate your ip for verification of your story.)

if you are so upset about it, whining to me about it on a flat-earth internet forum isn't going to change a damn thing.  either *do something* about it, or shut the fuck up.  period.  if you can't or won't do anything about it (yes there are things brits can do, even make-believe ones), then you know your remaining option. 

until then, do not make a single assumption about my personal political views, or the actions i take regarding them.  you've told me your views; i haven't told you mine nor am i going to.

You got served, I would say

Spacehopperjoe

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2007, 12:49:08 PM »
you're still talking to me as if i'm the united states of america or it's policy-makers.

And you spoke to me as if I was the whole american nataion at first, so fuck off with your double standards, its something we have both done and you started.

and by "you" i am projecting more broadly than just your post...

Wanker.

and somehow it's my fault that you are british?

Where the hell did I blame you for me being british? I was pretty fucking high, but not as high as to blame some internet stranger for my county of birth, I will save theengineer some time and just post my ip up, 78.86.130.---. Uk man, all the way. One of the admins who can see it just confirm im not lying to the chap.

you just don't get it, do you

Aparently I get it better than you

if we are honest with ourselves, attacking others' ideas is all this site is really about.  or at least, all that actually goes on 99% of the time.

Sound familar? First post you made man in this thread, and your right, 99% of what goes on here is all about the arguments and this one isnt any diffrent. You started talking to me as if you were making some sort of speech to the massises, "the blood is on your hands", so i returned the favour. Im not whining, im just arguing for the sake of arguing, and its not even an argument. I was just using your posts as a proxy to express my views which had a similar theme to your messages anyway.

until then, do not make a single assumption about my personal political views, or the actions i take regarding them.

I see you have learned from your own mistake of making assumptions, and how it makes you look like a complete tit when proven wrong, if it ever happens again you should take 5 consider your remaining option.

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2007, 04:43:47 PM »
People who never spent a day in the military let alone heard a single shot fired by anger will never understand the simple fact that our soldiers do not necessarily agree with and fight for our leaders' ideas but rather they will fight for each other. That of course does not mean that the mission would suffer.

Gabe

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 05:01:55 PM »
I couldnt have cared less about the 9/11 bullshit. I was laughing, at last america had a taste of the anguish their civilization had forced upon the other countries they bombed on a whim.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
There is no evidence for an infinite Earth.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The Earth is infinite.
Warning, you have just lowered your IQ by reading my sig.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
I couldnt have cared less about the 9/11 bullshit. I was laughing, at last america had a taste of the anguish their civilization had forced upon the other countries they bombed on a whim.

love it.  of course Spacehopperjoe - an alleged brit - doesn't even get the pathetic irony of a brit bashing what he characterized as a "bloody and ruthless empire".  apparently he never took british history.  or even recent british history, such as britain being a full-blown partner in his "war of terror", since before it even started.  and because he skipped history class, he also apparently doesn't even know that the usa - including both of my grandfathers - fought and died for *his* country and others.  (my grandfathers didn't die, but their brothers did.)  talk about gratitude.  if all brits are like him (which fortunately i know they aren't), then no wonder we killed so many of them in the american revolutionary war.

psst.  (said dismissively.)

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2007, 06:29:44 PM »
Right, and thanks to 9/11, you Brits are coming with the Americans. Too bad.

A mate of mine did actually go out to Iraq, not saying much but when he came back he made it clear the pipelines he was sent to gaurd were safe and continuing to pump oil for the greater good. At least they got democracy in return huh?
Sure, if that's what you think. Americans are "stealing" the oil, and you Brits are helping them to accomplish it.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2007, 06:41:45 PM »
And yet...
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »
And yet...

nice new avatar.  that was a wicked video.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2007, 08:10:52 PM »
That avatar disturbs me. ...What's it from?
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

token

• Why don't you go fuck a rolling doughnut!
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2007, 10:37:24 PM »
nice new avatar.  that was a wicked video.
It was his avatar a few months back.
Yeah, what video is it from?
Maybe I will!

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies

Spacehopperjoe

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2007, 03:49:41 AM »
apparently he never took british history.

Your just a fountain of assumptions arent you? I thought you had learned, most of what you think is wrong!

I wasnt alive back in the days of the great british empire, belive it or not, so i couldnt criticize it then, and there is no point in complaining about it now. The closest thing to the "bloody and ruthless empire" is, you guessed it, the U.S.A.

he also apparently doesn't even know that the usa - including both of my grandfathers - fought and died for *his* country and others.

I actually havent heard of a single case where america and picked up arms and died for the rights of other countries for no reason other than it was the right thing to do. This is the first thing you have pulled out your ass that is true and thats because this situation has never happened so of course I wouldnt know about it and your just spewing patriotic bullshit all over the place, and nothing stinks more than...

then no wonder we killed so many of them in the american revolutionary war.

Its nice to see you reinforcing your hurt ego with a centuary old war victory, horray for you!!!! You must make your grandaddies proud.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2007, 05:20:26 AM »
That is fine, can you link me to something that proves your previous post about not needing satellites ?

They aren't needed. An elementary school kid could understand this.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2007, 07:13:25 AM »
Elementary school kids would also laugh at the idea of flat earth.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2007, 07:27:54 AM »
if the earth is flat we have wasted countless of dollars on numerous satellites to transmit useless signals to and from eachother, when we would not even need satellites if the earth was r flat, you lose dipshit.
That still isn't a question. You don't say explain please then go right into a statement. try the word why perhaps? I don't understand what you are going for or i would correct the sentence myself.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2007, 10:11:10 AM »
Then you are as smart as an elementary school student. Congrats!

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2007, 10:59:47 AM »
Then you are as smart as an elementary school student. Congrats!

You have the reasoning skill of an average female elephant.

Spacehopperjoe

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2007, 11:28:25 AM »
^ I hear they can find water up to 20 miles away. Nice

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2007, 11:38:57 AM »
Elementary school kids laugh at the idea of gravity needing to have a cause. They aren't exactly the best judges at what is true.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2007, 07:09:59 PM »
Why? Was I wrong? Are you trying to claim that you are not as smart as an elementary school student?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2007, 07:26:31 PM »
You should learn that female elephants are the more intelligent of the elephants. Not only do they lead their herd, they can remember hundreds of square miles of terrain and minute details such as what time of year there was water in a place.
You on the other hand have an intelligence roughly that of a cat that has received one too many blows to the head from a lead pipe.