Re: bishop has a problem with his stories
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 03:25:09 PM »
Narc's gone.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 09:36:27 AM »
bump.  there's been alot of noise and debates unrelated to fe in this forum section, drowning out "important" (cough, cough) debate about proof of the nature of the earth and universe.

bishop, let's see photos from near sea level, of a beach 33 miles away.  and i don't mean just sand.  needs to be children running in and out of water, wetsuits or not...or dogs, or anything - just clear evidence of an ocean/beach boundary.

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 11:25:49 AM »

The sinking ship is a perspective effect occurring where the perspective lines intersect with the vanishing point. The effect can be countered and reversed by applying a telescope to the eye.

See: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=17435.msg301724#msg301724

This is in a previous thread.  You said that, Tom Bishop.  So, I devised an example.  An infinite flat plane, all the distance in the world for those objects to break the horizon line, and they still didn't.  That's the point I am making.

I absolutely agree with your point. On an infinite plane with a perfectly transparent atmosphere, receding objects at a level lower than the observer will never break the horizon line.

I support this simulation 100%, Ferruccio.

Not only does he contradict himself, I already created POV-RAY renderings proving his point to be wrong.

200,000 prisms on an infinite flat plane, ones below the eye level, ones above the eye level.  They never intersect the horizon.

The same thing zoomed in 10x, still no intersection.

The same thing zoomed in 20x, but this time on a sphere the size of earth (assuming the prisms are 1 meter and 2 meters tall, respectively)

A more extreme example, this time with 100 and 200 meter tall "skyscrapers"  stretching out for 20,000 kilometers.  Curvature can clearly be seen.

Tom, just because it may have been a long time ago that your views have been proven wrong does not mean you should be reintroducing them in hopes that I'm still not lurking around to discover them.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:30:16 AM by Ferruccio »

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 07:10:52 PM »
bump

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 11:18:51 PM »
And just to add to the whole splasing in the wather argument. Today in Santa Cruz, which is just south of Monterey the water was 52.5 deg today which is a day to be wearing a full body suit, booties, and a head cover
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 02:11:05 AM »
the model does not take into account atmospheric distortion.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 09:05:17 AM »
the model does not take into account atmospheric distortion.

It also doesn't take into account for wetsuits :(

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 02:05:09 PM »
And just to add to the whole splasing in the wather argument. Today in Santa Cruz, which is just south of Monterey the water was 52.5 deg today which is a day to be wearing a full body suit, booties, and a head cover

and it's usually colder in the summer.  (well 52 is pretty cold...let's just say it's not much warmer.)  for most of cali except us in the southern part, the summer weather patterns pull surface water from the coast westward, resulting in deep (cold) water upwelling to replace it...which is the cause of san francisco's famous "coldest winter day i ever spent was a summer day in san francisco" etc...and part of the reason for the abundant marine life around monterrey.  but i doubt bishop would understand that.  he doesn't strike me as the type that gets out much, much less gets in the water.  which is tragic for his credibility, otherwise he'd have known to come up with remotely believable details (including plain 'ol visibility factors in the first place) for his first-hand account of a flat earth.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »
bishop, we are still waiting for your photographic evidence of seeing a beach from 33 miles away from ocean level.  time to walk the talk.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 12:29:37 PM »
bishop, we are still waiting for your photographic evidence of seeing a beach from 33 miles away from ocean level.  time to walk the talk.

Photographs are not admissible as evidence on this forum. Read the FAQ.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:49:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »

The sinking ship is a perspective effect occurring where the perspective lines intersect with the vanishing point. The effect can be countered and reversed by applying a telescope to the eye.

See: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=17435.msg301724#msg301724

This is in a previous thread.  You said that, Tom Bishop.  So, I devised an example.  An infinite flat plane, all the distance in the world for those objects to break the horizon line, and they still didn't.  That's the point I am making.

I absolutely agree with your point. On an infinite plane with a perfectly transparent atmosphere, receding objects at a level lower than the observer will never break the horizon line.

I support this simulation 100%, Ferruccio.

Not only does he contradict himself, I already created POV-RAY renderings proving his point to be wrong.

200,000 prisms on an infinite flat plane, ones below the eye level, ones above the eye level.  They never intersect the horizon.

The same thing zoomed in 10x, still no intersection.

The same thing zoomed in 20x, but this time on a sphere the size of earth (assuming the prisms are 1 meter and 2 meters tall, respectively)

A more extreme example, this time with 100 and 200 meter tall "skyscrapers"  stretching out for 20,000 kilometers.  Curvature can clearly be seen.

Tom, just because it may have been a long time ago that your views have been proven wrong does not mean you should be reintroducing them in hopes that I'm still not lurking around to discover them.

i dont see how creating evidence is reliable in any form? i could draw an image of a guy (around 6ft 2.7") holding a car off the ground (its a big car, like the size of a bus...one of those coach buses, you know? they can hold upto about 64 seated people? but its a car, not a bus.  just so we have that clear.) but it wont prove that its possible.
care to take a gander at my Haemorrhoids?

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 12:47:57 PM »

Photographs are not admissible as evidence on this forum. Read the FAQ dumbshoe.
In a way, you admit you have not performed said experiment.
Tom Bishop: "The earth cuts the universe in half."

Narcberry (smarticus): "Oceans are free from gravity."

Z' Lord of Purple: "yes, superfast jet streams for the win!!!"

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »

if i want your opinion, i'll give it to you.  you do not dictate to me what i find admissible as evidence.  you provide photos of the beach 33 miles away, and i will accept them as evidence.  presumably, your photos will come from your own camera, and not the nasa conspiracy.

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »
LOL, nicely owned, cpt.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2007, 12:46:07 PM »

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 02:41:23 PM »
reminds me of the "logic" a comic book character once used:

geniuses are sometimes called crazy.
everyone says i am crazy.
therefore, i am a genius!

know who said that? the Joker, a certified psycopath!

Tom Bishop is just plain nuts. he is totally impervious to logic or reason. not even dragging him onto the space shuttle and taking him to the ISS would make any impression on him!

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
reminds me of the "logic" a comic book character once used:

geniuses are sometimes called crazy.
everyone says i am crazy.
therefore, i am a genius!

know who said that? the Joker, a certified psycopath!

Tom Bishop is just plain nuts. he is totally impervious to logic or reason. not even dragging him onto the space shuttle and taking him to the ISS would make any impression on him!
The joker does keep batman on his toes. That makes him much smarter than you. I doubt you could take batman for 5 seconds, but he lasts a whole movie.

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 01:08:22 PM »

not surprisingly, this is yet another convenient bishop lie.  with just a few minutes of casual searching, i found a whole heap of posts where he clearly *does* consider photographs as evidence.  examples:

there is a useful label for people that repeatedly lie, and in such a way that is so easliy checkable: compulsive liar.

Lol, unbelievable

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 04:15:23 PM »

not surprisingly, this is yet another convenient bishop lie.  with just a few minutes of casual searching, i found a whole heap of posts where he clearly *does* consider photographs as evidence.  examples:

there is a useful label for people that repeatedly lie, and in such a way that is so easliy checkable: compulsive liar.
quoted for irony.

Lol, unbelievable
Tom Bishop: "The earth cuts the universe in half."

Narcberry (smarticus): "Oceans are free from gravity."

Z' Lord of Purple: "yes, superfast jet streams for the win!!!"

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 06:26:02 PM »
I must say that I am very impressed. Well done cpt_bthimes.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »
let's see those pictures, bishop.  we want to see photos from your camera of somebody or something on the beach, splashing in and out of the ocean, as observed from 33 miles away from sea level.  and don't give us any bs about your camera and telescope not mating; that has already been proven bullshit.

this is your chance to gain some much needed credibility.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 10:06:21 AM »
bump.  where are those photos.  or at least a commitment to get them.  ask for that universal camera/telescope mount for christmas, bishop.  (you fundie...don't lie.  er, again.)