Gravitational Pull

• 42 Replies
Gravitational Pull
« on: November 20, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »
So I was reading the new FAQ when I saw

Introduction:

Q: Why does gravitational pull decrease as my height increases?

A: Because you are closer to the stars, which do have a gravitational pull.

So I was wondering, why is this so. When you look up at the sky they are tiny compared to the sun and moon but only about 3% farther away.  So they are obviously very small but THEY'RE GRAVITATIONAL PULL FROM 5000 KILOMETERS CAN MAKE A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE!?! Assuming they are so dense, why don't they affect each other?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Gravitational Pull
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 02:15:23 PM »

Introduction:

So I was wondering, why is this so. When you look up at the sky they are tiny compared to the sun and moon but only about 3% farther away.  So they are obviously very small but THEY'RE GRAVITATIONAL PULL FROM 5000 KILOMETERS CAN MAKE A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE!?! Assuming they are so dense, why don't they affect each other?

They do affect each other.  Otherwise they wouldn't be moving in relation to each other.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:17:03 PM by Thus Spake Roundy »
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »

Introduction:

They do affect each other.  Otherwise they wouldn't be moving in relation to each other.

They are in fact, moving away from us... It's called the Doppler effect and it involves redshift. An object moving away from us emits lower frequency light than something standing still or moving towards us. So how do you explain this?

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »
Shouldn't they be "sucking" each other in?

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 02:36:48 PM »
Shouldn't they be "sucking" each other in?

If they were very small and had intensive mass like the FE theory states, then yes.

But in real life, it's not. They're lighyears away and have about the same mass as the sun. Also, they're moving away from each other because of the initial expansion at the formation of the cosmos.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 02:41:53 PM »
The FE theory is that the universe is expanding at an accelerated rate.  Is it different in RE?

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 02:44:42 PM »
The FE theory is that the universe is expanding at an accelerated rate.  Is it different in RE?

Not quite that different at all. In RE everything expands at a constant speed.

Also, if in FE the universe would expanding using with acceleration of 9,8m/sē, then we would accerelate limitlessly. Probably approaching the speed of light within a year.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »

Also, if in FE the universe would expanding using with acceleration of 9,8m/sē, then we would accerelate limitlessly. Probably approaching the speed of light within a year.

It is impossible to reach the speed of light.

?

clavin

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »

Introduction:

How do you explain them moving across the sky then? If they are all affecting each other, then each pass should be in a different place in the sky.

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 03:10:32 PM »

Are you suggesting that the FE model is impossible?

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 03:15:22 PM »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!

That's what I am trying to point out: using gravitational acceleration to account for gravity can't be done!

a = 9m/s per second (9m/sē)

c = 2.99792485 * 10^8 m/s

So I'm going to calculate how long it takes to reach lightspeed using gravitational acceleration:

2.99792485 * 10^8 / 9 = 33310273.11 seconds = 9253 hours = 385.5 years

If gravity was produced by gravitational acceleration, we'd approach lightspeed within a year. Seeing that earth has been around longer than that, it's impossible. Even if you take in the fact that reaching lightspeed is an impossibility, parts CAN approach the speed of light. I have observed and studied the effects electrons reaching c, and it's madness.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 03:17:12 PM »

Are you suggesting that the FE model is impossible?

No... I'm saying that it's impossible to reach the speed of light.  Look up relativity.  If you do a search you can probably find a more technical explanation as to why the earth can accelerate constantly and never reach the speed of light.  I think it is accelerating at that rate from our frame of reference but not from that of an outside observer.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 03:17:51 PM »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!

That's what I am trying to point out: using gravitational acceleration to account for gravity can't be done!

So I'm going to calculate how long it takes to reach lightspeed using gravitational acceleration:

If gravity was produced by gravitational acceleration, we'd approach lightspeed within a year. Seeing that earth has been around longer than that, it's impossible. Even if you take in the fact that reaching lightspeed is an impossibility, parts CAN approach the speed of light. I have observed and studied the effects electrons reaching c, and it's madness.
You are a god. you just explained perfectly what i tried to do 6 months ago but failed at the calculations. i bow upon thee.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!

I'm trying to point out that it can!  :'(

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 03:21:06 PM »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!

AND I JUST FREAKING PROVED IT CAN'T BE DONE! Using a statement you said yourself: It is impossible to reach the speed of light.

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 03:38:27 PM »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!

AND I JUST FREAKING PROVED IT CAN'T BE DONE! Using a statement you said yourself: It is impossible to reach the speed of light.

No you didn't.  You're not taking relativity into account.  Go back to the FAQ where there should be a link to an explanation about frames of reference and how an object like the earth could accelerate infinitely without ever reaching the speed of light.

In simple terms, relative to us observers on earth, the earth is accelerating at 9.8m/s2.  But, relative to an outside observer (not on earth), it would appear as if the earth were slowing down. 

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 03:58:10 PM »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!

No, you fail.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
I find it hard to believe you are a scientist or even educated.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »

False.

Special Relativity forbids an object from ever reaching the speed of light.

w =     (u + v)     
        (1 + u*v/c2)

Where w is the new velocity, u (or 0m/s in this case) is the initial velocity, and v is the final velocity (or 9.8m/s for 1 second from universal acceleration). Now, after you find the w, plug it into the u on the new equation. Keep doing it until you reach 299,792,458m/s. Good luck.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 05:21:20 PM »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!

Your equations are wrong.  Also, no electron has ever reached c.  Saying otherwise is madness.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 05:32:44 PM »
he said the flat earth would "approach" lightspeed, i.e. 99.99% of lightspeed, in a year.

this reminds me of something i mentioned in a different thread: 2 atomic clocks were sycronized, then one was loaded onto an airplane and lifted to 30,000 feet. then their times were compared, and the one in the air was running slightly faster, EXACTLY like einstein's relativity said it would!

but FErs don't believe in gravity, they babble about "dark energy" and "universal accelleration" instead!

also, it has been PROVEN that objects WEIGH less at high altitude than at ground level, which contradicts "dark energy".

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 05:34:07 PM »
But, gravity does not exist. Einsteins relativity states this.

Gravitation from celestial bodies acts on objects at high altitude, reducing their apparent weight.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »
he said the flat earth would "approach" lightspeed, i.e. 99.99% of lightspeed, in a year.

this reminds me of something i mentioned in a different thread: 2 atomic clocks were sycronized, then one was loaded onto an airplane and lifted to 30,000 feet. then their times were compared, and the one in the air was running slightly faster, EXACTLY like einstein's relativity said it would!

but FErs don't believe in gravity, they babble about "dark energy" and "universal accelleration" instead!

also, it has been PROVEN that objects WEIGH less at high altitude than at ground level, which contradicts "dark energy".
Bullshits and internets are indistinguishable.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 06:48:19 PM »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK?!

Your equations are wrong.  Also, no electron has ever reached c.  Saying otherwise is madness.

Madness!? This! Is! SPARTA!!!

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »

What?

?

George_Bush

• i can haz be pirate???
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 07:05:59 PM »

What?

We are accellerating upwards at 9.8m/s^2

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »
Yes, and?

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »

Maybe downwards or sideways depending on what is observing us. According to FE theory, the earth is accelerating northwards. Not only is it correct terminology, it should irritate a few FE'ers.
I turned my signatures off because they make threads hard to read. I can't even see this when I post, please tell me what I said here.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 08:01:21 PM »
Northwards?  That doesn't even make sense.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »

Maybe downwards or sideways depending on what is observing us. According to FE theory, the earth is accelerating northwards. Not only is it correct terminology, it should irritate a few FE'ers.

We're accelerating toward the center of the disc?  ???