Since we are allowed to post videos/photos...

• 51 Replies
?

Jikan

• Supernova pic... taken from space.
Re: Since we are allowed to post videos/photos...
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 04:57:38 PM »
And, honestly, would FEers take ANY video/photo seriously if it showed a round Earth?

Probably not, but certainly not one from NASA.  Come on, people, you should know better.  ::)

And the video does look pretty fake.

That video was from Japan. Do they call their space agency "Nasa?"  8)
"Bring down the curtain, the farce is played out." --Francois Rabelais--

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 05:02:46 PM »
So it's from a space agency.  Same difference.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 05:58:15 PM »
The earth is round because of gravity. Because the sun pulls the earth in, any object being pulled in by gravity will bring the shape back into that of a sphere.

Just read this http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/scienceques2002/20021101.htm

Ok, my orange is round. So, the force of gravity somehow shaped my orange round?

The Sun doesn't pull the Earth in; the Earth follows through the geodesic of curved space-time around the Sun. Put a basketball (Sun) at the center of a rubber-sheet and lay a marble (Earth) on the curved surface. Watch what happens to the marble.

?

Jikan

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 06:18:49 PM »

Well, since it costs so much to go into space, it will be a while before any photos taken by "normal citizens" will be available... not that any FEers would believe those photos.

Tell me, what proof WILL FEers accept? Obviously not math, since math is a tool used by the conspiracy, right?

So, what ISN'T part of the conspiracy?

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 06:28:16 PM »
FErs will only accept conspiracy. They only believe conspiracy. That's why there are so few of them left.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 06:29:31 PM »

Well, since it costs so much to go into space, it will be a while before any photos taken by "normal citizens" will be available... not that any FEers would believe those photos.

Well, I'm going to dig through the Earth in a while, but it'll take a lot of money, so it might be a long time. But then, I'll let "normal citizens" who believe in the flat Earth take pictures of what's going on underneath the flat Earth. Not that any REers would believe those photos.

Tell me, what proof WILL FEers accept? Obviously not math, since math is a tool used by the conspiracy, right?

What the hell makes you say that? Most of our evidence is backed by proper science and mathematics.

Pretty much anything that doesn't involve the conspiracy.

~D-Draw

?

Jikan

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »

Well, I'm going to dig through the Earth in a while, but it'll take a lot of money, so it might be a long time. But then, I'll let "normal citizens" who believe in the flat Earth take pictures of what's going on underneath the flat Earth. Not that any REers would believe those photos.

What the hell makes you say that? Most of our evidence is backed by proper science and mathematics.

Pretty much anything that doesn't involve the conspiracy.

~D-Draw

Ah, double talk, how I've missed thee.

What is improper about the science and math that proves the world is round? It seems to be dismissed pretty regularly around here.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 06:41:40 PM »
I said nothing about the mathematics "proving" the round Earth. Actually, I didn't even IMPLY that round Earth science was improper, and actually never even referenced it...So...I really don't see where you're trying to take this argument.

~D-Draw

?

Jikan

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 06:50:36 PM »
I said nothing about the mathematics "proving" the round Earth. Actually, I didn't even IMPLY that round Earth science was improper, and actually never even referenced it...So...I really don't see where you're trying to take this argument.

~D-Draw

That implies that your evidence is based on proper science and that REers evidence isn't.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »

~D-Draw

That implies that your evidence is based on proper science and that REers evidence isn't.

No, it means nothing of the sort. It SAYS (not implies) that FEers' evidence is based on proper science, and that's it. There are no implications beyond that. I don't see why you find the necessity to put words in my mouth. It's only pointless, and you're only making an ass of yourself.

~D-Draw

?

Jikan

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 06:59:28 PM »

~D-Draw

No, it means nothing of the sort. It SAYS (not implies) that FEers' evidence is based on proper science, and that's it. There are no implications beyond that. I don't see why you find the necessity to put words in my mouth. It's only pointless, and you're only making an ass of yourself.

~D-Draw

Follow this, if you can: if you state that science backs your claims of a flat Earth and I state that science proves a round Earth, aren't we both implying that one of us is wrong? I mean, we can't both be right; that is a fact.

So, would you care to backpeddle and not stand behind the convictions of your statements some more? Or would you just admit that you made a mistake, as I have on many occasions? (Somehow, I highly doubt that you are a big enough person to admit when you are wrong, as you happen to be right now.)

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »
Follow this, if you can: if you state that science backs your claims of a flat Earth and I state that science proves a round Earth, aren't we both implying that one of us is wrong? I mean, we can't both be right; that is a fact

Probabilities.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 04:00:30 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how this looks 'cgi'?

?

DmmWhite

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2007, 04:36:15 AM »
Ladon, it obviously is soooo cgi because it shows the Earth being round. Plus, there are no stars and the flag moves!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2007, 06:54:32 AM »

Did you watch the video?

And @Jikan: I'm not even going to bother arguing about this with you. The implications you inferred from my statement are wrong, but I'm not bothering with your bloody semantics wars.

~D-Draw

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
I watched the video, yes. I can't see anything in the footage that looks cgi.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2007, 12:59:30 PM »
Well, what does CGI graphics look like?

?

Jikan

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »

Did you watch the video?

And @Jikan: I'm not even going to bother arguing about this with you. The implications you inferred from my statement are wrong, but I'm not bothering with your bloody semantics wars.

~D-Draw

I knew you wouldn't admit you were wrong. That's a shame. I almost thought you were semi-intelligent.

And, so there is no confusion, (you will not have to infer what I mean) the world is round/spherical and you are wrong if you believe that the planet  Earth (yes, Earth is a planet) is flat.

Honestly, I came here with an open mind seeking to be enlightened. I thought to myself: if these people have an entire website dedicated to FET, there must be some proof. How wrong I was. All there is here is double-talk, libelous comments and question dodging.

For example:

Why do FEers contend that Australia does not exist? Are you saying that Errol Flynn, Russell Crowe, Silverchair, EVERY Australian Olympic team and the rest of the 20 MILLION people that live there either do not exist OR are part of the conspiracy?

I'm sure this will come as a sigh of relief to those FEers that don't like questions they will never have answers for: I'm done with this site.

Goodbye and good luck with your therapy, if and when you eventually realize that you all need it. :)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2007, 02:02:25 PM »
Why do FEers contend that Australia does not exist?
No FE'ers contend that.   ???

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2007, 02:06:53 PM »
And, so there is no confusion, (you will not have to infer what I mean) the world is round/spherical and you are wrong if you believe that the planet  Earth (yes, Earth is a planet) is flat.
Prove it.

Honestly, I came here with an open mind seeking to be enlightened.
You don't seem to be open minded to me.

I thought to myself: if these people have an entire website dedicated to FET, there must be some proof.

How wrong I was. All there is here is double-talk, libelous comments and question dodging.
No wonder why you only have 58 posts...

For example:

Why do FEers contend that Australia does not exist? Are you saying that Errol Flynn, Russell Crowe, Silverchair, EVERY Australian Olympic team and the rest of the 20 MILLION people that live there either do not exist OR are part of the conspiracy?
No FE'ers contended that. It was merely a parody.

I'm sure this will come as a sigh of relief to those FEers that don't like questions they will never have answers for: I'm done with this site.
Come back any time.

Goodbye and good luck with your therapy, if and when you eventually realize that you all need it. :)
Therapy of what?

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2007, 11:30:43 PM »
I love you you guys avoid questions, good for a giggle.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2007, 11:36:26 PM »
What kind of questions.  This thread belongs in Complete Nonsense.  The OP should have known better because we don't consider photographic evidence of any kind as valid proof of a flat earth.

And looking at that video knowing it's from Japan just reminds me of that South Park episode where the Japanese claimed to have reached heaven. ;D I swear the earth in that background looks like it's hanging from a string.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?