Is this site for real?

• 43 Replies
Is this site for real?
« on: November 13, 2007, 03:12:49 PM »
I read the FAQ and I don't get why you guys believe the earth is flat. I mean every single world government know the world is round, even NASA, they have freaking photos. Do you guys have photos of a flat earth? It's like you guys think NASA has been faking photos or something, how could they have even done this in the 50's and 60's? Even if they could, why would they even be interested in that, and how could you be sure you're right? The government couldn't even pull it off, they aren't organized enough for it, if they were, this site would be shut down a long time ago. And an 'ice-wall', come on guys, the government couldn't possibly guard the entire Ice Wall! It would take too many men! Millions of men! Doesn't NASA's runway curve? Why's that?

Anyhow, I really am interested in your theory. How big is the earth, it's circumference and diameter? Are the stars, sun and moon and other planets flat too? What are they made of? This really confuses me, how do sunrises and sunsets work? If other celestial bodies are round, why are they but not the earth? And how do you explain GPS satellites that you can see with the naked eye, how do they orbit the earth?  When they get to the underside of earth what do they see? Surely gravity would pull them down or something? I have other questions too that your FAQ doesn't explain.

Even while I am curious, I still know you guys are wrong. Your accelerating earth doesn't work. Planes, helicopters, paragliders would all crash into the earth as the earth rises up to them. The earth would also be traveling much faster than the speed of light, which Einstein showed to be impossible. And why just the earth, I mean what happens if you jump off the edge? But the whole flat disc thing is rediculous, the whole planet would crunch up into itself and eventually transform into a ball. You guys have gravity all wrong, it even varies with altitude. And dont pretend the earth doesn't have gravity, the stars and moon do the earth should too.

I know you guys don't have any pictures like NASA, but at least you guys could be brave enough to post a photoshopped map. Something to show if the earth is a square or a circle kind of thing. Maybe it could explain why water doesn't run off the earth. You know, your little ice wall that would've melted due to global warming.

Thinking about the moon and suns gravity, if the earth doesn't have any gravity, why the tides? Surely they wouldn't exist. And the center of your earth, your north pole which should be warmest, is actually the coldest spot on earth. WTF. Your earth is too thin to have molten lava, so where do volcanos come from? I'll be you guys can't explain time zones or eclipses either.

You're idea of earth messes up everything. How come the travel time by air from South America to New Zealand, via the polar route, is SHORTER than the travel time going North first and then South again? Maybe it's because compasses don't work on a flat earth? I mean, where's your south pole? Since the world is round, you will always end up where you started, how do you guys explain that on a flat earth? If you go directly south won’t you eventually fall off the edge of the Earth?

You guys, we know the world is flat. When I flush my toilet it goes counterclockwise, but I have a friend in Austrailia and when he flushes his toilet it goes clockwise. The round earth explains that and seasons too. How do seasons work?

You guys must all be biblical literalists, who feel like their religious belief system would be threatened by a round (i.e. spherical) earth.
I turned my signatures off because they make threads hard to read. I can't even see this when I post, please tell me what I said here.

Gabe

Re: Is this site for real?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 03:29:02 PM »
I can save you time. They are only here to flawed debate and enjoyment. Run for it before you get addicted! The leader Bishop will torment your sanity. He will burrow into the back of your skull and pull on stringy stuff in your brain, RUN FOR IT!  :o

Or enjoy the hilarity of the malfunctioning thought processes.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
There is no evidence for an infinite Earth.
The Earth is infinite.
Warning, you have just lowered your IQ by reading my sig.

Gabe

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 03:29:52 PM »
I think every question you just posted is in the FAQ by the way... Looks like a hassle to read but is quite the reading material. I should probably print out a copy and put it in the bathroom for guests.  ;D
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=13876.0

Should you actually stay to try to prove them wrong, (lol) you need to know terminology:
FE = Flat Earth     or False Earth
FES = Flat Earth Society
FET = Flat Earth Theory
RE = Round Earth     or Real Earth
RET = Round Earth Theory
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:34:25 PM by Yiak »
The Earth is infinite.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 03:34:24 PM »
I think every question you just posted is in the FAQ by the way...

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=13876.0

No, I read the FAQ.

Oh, and why do ships hulls sink before their masts?

If they can't even explain that, I don't understand how this site persists.
I turned my signatures off because they make threads hard to read. I can't even see this when I post, please tell me what I said here.

Gabe

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 03:38:07 PM »
There was a disscusion on this.
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=17435.0

If the discussion takes too long people forget about it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:40:30 PM by Yiak »
The Earth is infinite.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 03:42:45 PM »
I read the FAQ and I don't get why you guys believe the earth is flat. I mean every single world government know the world is round, even NASA, they have freaking photos. Do you guys have photos of a flat earth?

If you want to see a Flat Earth just look out your window.

It's like you guys think NASA has been faking photos or something, how could they have even done this in the 50's and 60's?

NASA used fish-eye lenses and specially crafted mosaics to create the Apollo shots of the earth.

Oh, and why do ships hulls sink before their masts?

Perhaps the most visually stunning fact which proves the earth as a plane is the sinking ship effect. As a ship recedes into the ocean's horizon, distant from the observer, it will appear to the naked eye to sink from the bottom up into the sea when it touches the horizon line. It has been found that this effect is purely perceptual, that a good telescope with sufficient zoom will change the observer's perspective and bring the ship's hull back in full view. This is not possible if the ship were really behind a "hill of water." Hence, the effect which is usually thought to prove the earth as a globe really proves it to be a plane.

From Zetetic Cosmogony by Thomas Winship:

How does your model of the earth explain these explicitly detailed accounts from these independent observers?

Gabe

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 03:45:56 PM »
RE doesn't need to account for lies. You forgot to post this.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za32.htm
The Earth is infinite.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »
Actually, I never realized that. That would explain why I cannot see my home from work on a clear day. That's really interesting.

Gabe

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »
Actually, I never realized that. That would explain why I cannot see my home from work on a clear day. That's really interesting.

According to my calculations you are addicted!!!  :o
OH NOES!
The Earth is infinite.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 03:59:09 PM »

Wait, so your model of the earth cannot explain these personal accounts by independent observers?

Are you admitting that your model of the earth fails to stand up to the apparent and observable?

I've clearly presented accounts which your model of the earth cannot explain. No explanation is even attempted.

If you expect us to answer when you demand that we "explain this" and "explain that," then we expect you to explain a few things for yourself.

If you cannot do that then it means that your model is in error.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:01:23 PM by Tom Bishop »

Gabe

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 04:01:14 PM »

Wait, so your model of the earth cannot explain these personal accounts by independent observers?

Are you admitting that your model of the earth fails to stand up to the apparent and observable?

I've clearly presented accounts which your model of the earth cannot explain. No explanation is even attempted.

Therefore your model is in error.

Lies need not be explained by any model.

and...
Care to explain it yourself then? On FE model implies new laws of perspective which are flawed.
The Earth is infinite.

Gabe

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 04:03:07 PM »
You say perspective causes the bottoms of things to snap out of vision. Why the bottoms? Why the hull and not the water or the mast? Can't be a trick of the eye like a blind spot or looking right beside it would correct it. I have yet to witness this alteration of reality.
The Earth is infinite.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »
Lies need not be explained by any model.

That's not an explanation. That's an avoidance technique. I've given you published accounts of observations which contradict your claims of a ship sinking behind a hill of water. You have failed to give rebuttal to those accounts.

Therefore your model is in error.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:05:12 PM by Tom Bishop »

Gabe

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »
Remember my accounts made by gumby? Words are useless. I have seen firsthand they are wrong.
The Earth is infinite.

Gabe

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 04:12:25 PM »
"You have failed to give rebuttal to those accounts.
Therefore your model is in error."

Hahaha how many hundreds of times have you avoided accounts? RESPONSES ARE LACKING is the latest group of threads I've seen you ignore.

...Sorry for corrupting your thread Trustee.  :'(
The Earth is infinite.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »
I read the FAQ and I don't get why you guys believe the earth is flat.

Your post already proves you didn't read the FAQ. You don't have to lie.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 11:36:45 PM »
Your accelerating earth doesn't work.
Explain.

Planes, helicopters, paragliders would all crash into the earth as the earth rises up to them.
Except they also accelerate upwards.

The earth would also be traveling much faster than the speed of light, which Einstein showed to be impossible.
Right, and that's why the Earth would not be going faster than light.

And dont pretend the earth doesn't have gravity
Actually, gravity does not exist.

but at least you guys could be brave enough to post a photoshopped map.
There is one.  In the FAQ.  Which you said you read...

Something to show if the earth is a square or a circle kind of thing. Maybe it could explain why water doesn't run off the earth. You know, your little ice wall that would've melted due to global warming.
More stuff clearly explained in the FAQ!

And the center of your earth, your north pole which should be warmest, is actually the coldest spot on earth.
The Sun does not sit above the north pole.

Your earth is too thin to have molten lava, so where do volcanos come from?
Really?  How thin is our Earth?

I'll be you guys can't explain time zones
Everyone likes to have their watch say 12:00pm when the sun is overhead.

Maybe it's because compasses don't work on a flat earth? I mean, where's your south pole?
Compasses work just fine on the FE.  The 'south' pole is directly under the 'north' pole.

Since the world is round, you will always end up where you started, how do you guys explain that on a flat earth?
The FE is round.

If you go directly south won’t you eventually fall off the edge of the Earth?
Yes.

When I flush my toilet it goes counterclockwise, but I have a friend in Austrailia and when he flushes his toilet it goes clockwise.
That's a myth. 

You guys must all be biblical literalists, who feel like their religious belief system would be threatened by a round (i.e. spherical) earth.
Another thing covered in the FAQ!

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 03:44:53 AM »
This guy got owned.

And Yiak, why do you have my quote in your signature?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 04:44:20 AM »
How does your model of the earth explain these explicitly detailed accounts from these independent observers?
They are either mistaken or lies.

Please explain with a diagram how 'perspective' accounts for the disappearance of a ships hull and how a telescope changes this perspective.
tell me how your model explains why deep-dripping Russian geologists found an impenetrable layer of turtle shell when attempting to breach the crust of the earth.

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 05:41:02 AM »
They are either mistaken or lies.

Please explain with a diagram how 'perspective' accounts for the disappearance of a ships hull and how a telescope changes this perspective.

This man has one of the best Tom Bishop quotes ever in his sig.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 07:50:35 AM »
I don't understand why you guys can't explain some of this stuff in your FAQ.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 08:04:36 AM »
I don't understand why you guys can't explain some of this stuff in your FAQ.

"This stuff?"
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 08:14:12 AM »
I know for a fact that you guys aren't very familiar with what is in your own FAQ.

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »
Tom, that quote from "zygistic" whatever PROVES earth IS round! it might be wrong about the size, but on the FE, ships would NEVER be half-visible! NEVER!

and you think quoting something that PROVES you are wrong makes you RIGHT?!

pfffffttt...

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 08:32:48 AM »
It made sense to me.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 09:11:24 AM »
I know for a fact that you guys aren't very familiar with what is in your own FAQ.
Seeing as how I wrote some of it, I would say I am familiar with it.

-- Bob Hudson

Gabe

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:16 AM »
This guy got owned.

And Yiak, why do you have my quote in your signature?

I put stuff in there that surprised me to see. Why do you have l0gic's quote in yours?

Oh and poor Tom ran away. Surprising eh?  ::)
The Earth is infinite.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 09:24:57 AM »

Would you make me a mod if I showed you, in a pm, that you are not familiar with it? I don't think you're that sure.

Gabe

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 09:26:09 AM »
The FAQ may have become outdated though... Any theory can be revised..  :'(
The Earth is infinite.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »

Would you make me a mod if I showed you, in a pm, that you are not familiar with it? I don't think you're that sure.
If you can show me that something I told you was in the FAQ is not in it, I'm listening.

-- Bob Hudson