Has anybody ever fallen off the flat earth?

• 26 Replies
?

flat chested earth girl

Has anybody ever fallen off the flat earth?
« on: October 26, 2007, 03:37:09 AM »
Good morning ladies and gentleman,

last night my red headed boyfriend and I were debating the plausibility of somebody actually falling off earth, which we both concur is flat, let's make no mistake about that.  Mankind has roots being hunters, gatherers and roaming tribes.  Also, with the advent of the sailboat or trireme , has vigorously sailed and explored the seas and oceans of our planet.

Surely SOME human being in recent history reached the edge of our flat earth and fallen off of it BUT INTO WHAT?  This is where my boyfriend and I split on our personal theories.  I propose that when one reaches the very edge of the earth, that the vacuum of space as it interacts with the atmosphere of earth keeps a supernatural buffer barrier that repels the radiated human aura of the human soul.

HOWEVER, my boyfriend does not believe that space is a vacuum and and insists that some clever explorers in the past HAVE FALLEN OFF THE EARTH and they climbed down to the underside of it.  We all know there have been various cults seeking the supreme powers of the devil and rather than laboriously digging through clay and rock to such depths, a shorter route would be to use natures gifts of tides and winds to sail to the edge, then use rudimentary mountain climbing tools and ropes to scale down to the underside of earth.

But neither of us having been there, is there gravity on the underside of the earth?  My boyfriend insists that there isn't and this is why people fall off the underside of the earth or if they don't secure their ropes well enough as they begin their decent to the underside, the fall off.  But for the life of me the prick can't come up with a coherent definition of WHERE THEY FALL TO WHEN THEY FALL OFF THE EARTH.

So what say you flat earth society to this paradox of perceptions?  Whoever is right in this scenario has to do the dishes all by themselves for the next month and I wanna put this stubborn butthead to work tomorrow night in the kitchen for once!

Re: Has anybody ever fallen off the flat earth?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 04:27:48 AM »

last night my red headed boyfriend and I were debating the plausibility of somebody actually falling off earth, which we both concur is flat, let's make no mistake about that.  Mankind has roots being hunters, gatherers and roaming tribes.  Also, with the advent of the sailboat or trireme , has vigorously sailed and explored the seas and oceans of our planet.

Surely SOME human being in recent history reached the edge of our flat earth and fallen off of it BUT INTO WHAT?  This is where my boyfriend and I split on our personal theories.  I propose that when one reaches the very edge of the earth, that the vacuum of space as it interacts with the atmosphere of earth keeps a supernatural buffer barrier that repels the radiated human aura of the human soul.

HOWEVER, my boyfriend does not believe that space is a vacuum and and insists that some clever explorers in the past HAVE FALLEN OFF THE EARTH and they climbed down to the underside of it.  We all know there have been various cults seeking the supreme powers of the devil and rather than laboriously digging through clay and rock to such depths, a shorter route would be to use natures gifts of tides and winds to sail to the edge, then use rudimentary mountain climbing tools and ropes to scale down to the underside of earth.

But neither of us having been there, is there gravity on the underside of the earth?  My boyfriend insists that there isn't and this is why people fall off the underside of the earth or if they don't secure their ropes well enough as they begin their decent to the underside, the fall off.  But for the life of me the prick can't come up with a coherent definition of WHERE THEY FALL TO WHEN THEY FALL OFF THE EARTH.

So what say you flat earth society to this paradox of perceptions?  Whoever is right in this scenario has to do the dishes all by themselves for the next month and I wanna put this stubborn butthead to work tomorrow night in the kitchen for once!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:59:00 AM by YumYumPandaburgers »

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 04:45:36 AM »

Either your making really tasteless jokes, or you're starting to scare me.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 04:58:23 AM »

Either your making really tasteless jokes, or you're starting to scare me.

I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to stop stalking me, sir.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 05:04:01 AM »
Right, so I'm going to assume this isn't a really tasteless joke.
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »
Nice edit. You aren't getting away with that though. Tell me, yumyum, do you actually find that image funny?

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 12:50:19 PM »
Nice edit. You aren't getting away with that though. Tell me, yumyum, do you actually find that image funny?
You mean the girl with the black eye? If so, I don't see how that bad.
Tom Bishop: "The earth cuts the universe in half."

Narcberry (smarticus): "Oceans are free from gravity."

Z' Lord of Purple: "yes, superfast jet streams for the win!!!"

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »
No.  Not unless you wanted to fall off the Earth.  You would have to travel past the South Pole.

FLAT EARTH MAP:

?

Captain Alitus

• Lord of the Lizard People
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 06:46:51 PM »
Nope. Can't fall off something without an end.
Quote from: McDonalds Fan
Why is it when I throw a delicious McNugget up in the air it always comes back down into my eagerly awaiting mouth?

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »
No.  Not unless you wanted to fall off the Earth.  You would have to travel past the South Pole.

FLAT EARTH MAP:

Wow, take a look at that map. Australia is like what... bigger than Canada? The South America is totally larger than the North America. Aw, take a look at that little Greenland in the middle. All the maps in my geography class must be part of the conspiracy. The geologists probably don't know how to calculate simple math, because they say, in terms of land mass:

#1 RUSSIA      17,098,242 kmē 11.5%
#2 CANADA      9,970,610 kmē  6.7%
#3 CHINA         9,640,821 kmē  6.5%
#4 USA            9,629,091 kmē  6.5%
#5 BRAZIL        8,514,877 kmē  5.7%
#6 AUSTRALIA  7,741,220 kmē   5.2% (% of total word land mass)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 07:31:04 PM by Jack. »

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »
"The maps are only a polarization of a flat map of the RE. They are in no way to scale or an exact representation of what the FE is. It merely helps to showcase the concept."
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 09:36:11 PM »
Wait, why wouldn't the UA keep you accelerating along with the Earth?
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 02:15:34 AM »
it's a mystery
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

Misfortune

• My name is no longer blank. God damn it.
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 02:36:40 AM »
Everything about FE is a mystery.

?

Captain Alitus

• Lord of the Lizard People
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 04:26:05 AM »
Wait, why wouldn't the UA keep you accelerating along with the Earth?
Nope, cus you're not in contact with the UA, yet the sun and moon 3000 miles up somehow are. How convenient.
Quote from: McDonalds Fan
Why is it when I throw a delicious McNugget up in the air it always comes back down into my eagerly awaiting mouth?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 04:44:36 AM »
I don't care if monday's blue
tuesday's grey and wednesday too
thursday I don't care about you
it's friday I'm in love

monday you can fall apart
tuesday wednesday break my heart
thursday doesn't even start
it's friday I'm in love

saturday wait
and sunday always comes too late
but friday never hesitate...

I don't care if monday's black
tuesday wednesday heart attack
thursday never looking back
it's friday I'm in love

monday you can hold your head
tuesday wednesday stay in bed
orthursday watch the walls instead
it's friday I'm in love

saturday wait

dressed up to the eyes
it's a wonderful surprise
to see your shoes and your spirits rise
throwing out your frown
and just smiling at the sound
and as sleek as a shriek
spinning round and round
always take a big bite
it's such a gorgeous sight
to see you in the middle of the night
you can never get enough
enough of this stuff
it's friday
I'm in love

?

Loard Z

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 05:23:32 AM »
it's friday I'm in love

monday you can fall apart
tuesday wednesday break my heart
thursday doesn't even start
it's friday I'm in love

saturday wait

I don't care if monday's black
tuesday wednesday heart attack
thursday never looking back
it's friday I'm in love

monday you can hold your head
tuesday wednesday stay in bed
orthursday watch the walls instead
it's friday I'm in love

saturday wait

dressed up to the eyes
it's a wonderful surprise
to see your shoes and your spirits rise
throwing out your frown
and just smiling at the sound
and as sleek as a shriek
spinning round and round
always take a big bite
it's such a gorgeous sight
to see you in the middle of the night
you can never get enough
enough of this stuff
it's friday
I'm in love

quoted for cure lyrics. And a wtf?
See My Greatness

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 07:41:41 AM »
If that first post was serious I think I'm going to have to go and throw myself of the edge of the Earth.
Except it's not flat, so I can't.
But really... that was a really, really bad joke in the OP, right?
There is supernatural energy in the vacuum of space that repels the human aura? That's fantastic. Or, conversely, if it's real, it's incredibly frightening that someone actually thinks that.
So no, no one's ever fallen off because the Earth isn't flat, and it's a little hard to fall off a sphere when you and it are attracted to each other by gravity.
You cannot apply logic to the following:
-zombies
-a flat earth

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 10:59:44 AM »
it's friday I'm in love
etc

quoted for cure lyrics. And a wtf?

Why not, this thread's going nowhere.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »
If you fell off the flat earth, the elephants would probably eat you to fuel their farts, which cause the UA. If, however, they did not catch you, the giant turtle would certainly devour you.

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »
so ive been reading, and keeping myself up to date over the last few days at work on this website, and ive come to notice one thing, that, often times, when the RE supporting group gives evidence to support, which is basically undeniable such as, why, when you look at the horizon, the earth curves slightly, or being a military buff, when a sniper takes a shot from over 2 miles away (longest kill shot held by a canadian), the sniper must take the curvature of the earth into account, or else they will miss their shot. its not just gravity and friction acting on the bullet.

i kind of went in a completely different direction there, so back to my original concern, is that, when the RE supporters offer their evidence, and the FE supporters cannot explain it, they call it a "conspiracy". however, last i checked, conspiracies often require financial gain to some extent. who would stand to gain from the shape or geometry of the earth?

now personally, im a believer in the RE "theory". but that wont stop me from having an open mind towards the FE way of thinking. however, where i currently stand is on the side of science, and until you can show me the following: scientific proof, video evidence, that isnt CG'd to death, and testimonials from trusted members of the scientific community.

thats my rant!

-MACKIE
Tom Bishop: Space photos are a conspiracy. The horizon we see outside our windows is flat.

Representative From Uzbekistan: that's like saying cheese is a verb

?

Iskaros

• Flat Earth Cover up
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 05:10:27 PM »
I agree with Mackie. Why is everything a conspiracy. Why is it a conspricy, whats to gain please explain (hey that rhymes)
"Always take an oblique approach" General Flavius Belisarius

I'm a teenager big whoop teenagers can be smart (every once in a million years)

?

Loard Z

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 05:42:40 PM »
I agree with Mackie. Why is everything a conspiracy. Why is it a conspricy, whats to gain please explain (hey that rhymes)

That's the point about a conspiracy. There is no evidence of it, otherwise it would no longer be a conspiracy. The gains are unknown, otherwise we would know about it and thus find out about the conspiracy.

Plus explaining all unexplainable facts away with the word "conspiracy" makes really bad theories seem more plausible. Just.
See My Greatness

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 05:04:27 AM »
Apparently NASA makes millions out of tax payers money because they actually get their rockets from Ikea. As does every other government. There are no wars, because all the governments of the world love each other and just love the millions they make from making people think the world is round. The wars are faked to make you think world governments can't cooperate.

Gabe

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 08:59:05 PM »
nobody has falln off becase the earth its round.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
There is no evidence for an infinite Earth.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The Earth is infinite.
Warning, you have just lowered your IQ by reading my sig.

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 11:58:56 PM »
Right on.
But the FE'ers will never believe that.
You cannot apply logic to the following:
-zombies
-a flat earth

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 02:01:27 AM »
Everyone who has mytserously disappeared has fallen off, Amelia Earhart for one, actually flew her plane over the edge by accident.