An image of the ice wall

• 48 Replies
?

EiZ

An image of the ice wall
« on: October 21, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »
Hello fellow believers.

I recently discovered this wonderful picture of the ice wall.

I did not take this picture my-self. It was given to me by a colleague, who I recently discovered was also a believer in the flat earth literature.

Kind Regards,

David F.

?

Captain Alitus

• Lord of the Lizard People
Re: An image of the ice wall
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 08:14:56 PM »
Obviously fake.

And where are the guards/lizard guards that are supposedly preventing anyone from taking pictures like this?
Quote from: McDonalds Fan
Why is it when I throw a delicious McNugget up in the air it always comes back down into my eagerly awaiting mouth?

?

EiZ

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
What makes you think that it's a fake?

Kind Regards,

David F.

?

Captain Alitus

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 08:17:17 PM »

Kind Regards,

David F.
Just the way it looks. Looks alot like CGI.

And the lack of lizard guards on the wall. Everyone said there are guards keeping anyone from taking pictures like this or getting near the wall.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:18:55 PM by Captain Alitus »
Why is it when I throw a delicious McNugget up in the air it always comes back down into my eagerly awaiting mouth?

?

EiZ

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 08:19:24 PM »
I suppose it's because the ice wall is very very large, and it would be impossible to guard the entire wall against people who have their own ships.

My colleague's previous profession involved sailing the seas, you see.

What's wrong with the way it looks? I think it's quite stunning.

Kind Regards,

David F.

?

Captain Alitus

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 08:25:58 PM »
Just look at it. It's fake.

And this thing is supposed to surround the entire earth. Not with the way that thing is curving.

Come to think of it...that ice looks suspiciously like some photos from the moon I've seen.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 08:29:16 PM »
Just look at it. It's fake.

And this thing is supposed to surround the entire earth. Not with the way that thing is curving.

Come to think of it...that ice looks suspiciously like some photos from the moon I've seen.
Not that I'm agreeing with the picture being legit, but local curvature need not be suggestive of the overall curvature
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

EiZ

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 08:30:03 PM »
I suppose the earth isn't perfectly spherical, as the previous poster suggests.

It may simply be a point at which the wall dips in, if you follow?

Who knows.

For me, it's that little bit more evidence for FE theory, but I can understand your scepticism. Not that photos are proof, but the source was a person I trust quite well.

Kind Regards,

David F.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 01:13:24 AM »
Errr, in a picture that dark how could you get the ice wall and the sea that bright? It's CGI, or a picture of RE's Antarctica.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

Misfortune

• My name is no longer blank. God damn it.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 04:56:38 AM »

Kind Regards,

David F.
What makes you think that pictures from space are faked?

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 04:57:25 AM »
What makes you think they're not?
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

Misfortune

• My name is no longer blank. God damn it.
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 05:11:59 AM »
What makes you think they're not?
Because they couldn't have made realistic enough photos in the 60's.

And i doubt that they would spend so much time just for making people think the world is round.

?

EiZ

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 11:36:10 AM »
Errr, in a picture that dark how could you get the ice wall and the sea that bright? It's CGI, or a picture of RE's Antarctica.
I believe the sun is shining (looks like the spotlight is facing outwards somewhat, towards the wall).

However it looks like night-time, simply because the atmosphere is so thin at the edge of the earth (hence very little blue light in the sky).

Regards,

David F.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »

Kind Regards,

David F.

The water, the ice, the stars.

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 12:06:40 PM »
Any nitwit can see that you coocked that up in photoshop.
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

?

EiZ

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 12:12:56 PM »
Any nitwit can see that you coocked that up in photoshop.
Incorrect.

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 03:22:54 AM »
Look at the sky in that picture and you can tell its a fake. It's way too black :P

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 05:37:23 AM »
And being pictures aren't admissible evidence on these forums this thread was crap from the start. 

?

EiZ

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 10:52:43 AM »
I'm not saying they're proof, I'm just sharing them.

Here is another, this one is interesting as it shows a view from on top of the ice wall.

It must have been very dangerous to take the photo :o

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 11:12:47 AM »
Photoshop. ::)
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
Well it probably wasn't photoshop but some 3d app...
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 01:51:46 PM »
I clicked to enlarge them for the first time and holy shit are they ever fake looking.  You lose.

?

EiZ

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »
You can neither prove or disprove that those are not real photos.

They are definitely real though.

?

Loard Z

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 05:23:39 PM »
yeah, well, my close friend from university has left for a 2 year study on marine life in Antarctica today. He's going to be talking to me via video uplink, so I think we should organise something that can disprove the icewall theory altogether.
See My Greatness

?

EiZ

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »
I look forward to seeing some more photos of the ice wall. Please post them when you get them.

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 06:19:28 PM »
yeah, well, my close friend from university has left for a 2 year study on marine life in Antarctica today. He's going to be talking to me via video uplink, so I think we should organise something that can disprove the icewall theory altogether.

Be sure he covers all of the antarctic.

?

Loard Z

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 06:23:05 PM »

Well, that won't be possible, according to Tom Bishop, it's an infinite plane.

I'll just wait until december though, and we'll show him 24 hours of daylight recorded on camera via livestream - an impossibility in current FE models.
See My Greatness

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 06:45:35 PM »

Well, that won't be possible, according to Tom Bishop, it's an infinite plane.

I'll just wait until december though, and we'll show him 24 hours of daylight recorded on camera via livestream - an impossibility in current FE models.

I'm sure the BS will cover it, not like it hasn't been done before.

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 11:43:49 AM »
That's a remarkably placid sea given that it's miles from anywhere.  Whenever I've stood facing a sea that stretches off for thousands of miles, the waves have always crashed into the cliffs with massive force, even on a calm day.  Makes no difference if it's northern California, western England, the islands of the Indian Ocean -- I've been to all of them, and never seen the waves calmly lapping the land edge.

If it's so cold as to maintain a great wall of ice, howcome there aren't ice flows on the water's surface, as you get at the poles?

And where are all the icebergs?  Whatever the temperature, the power of the water's movement would erode the edge and rip away chunks of ice.  Nor do I see any system for the ice wall to regenerate itself, so in time, the water would wear a gap through the ice wall and ... well, I guess pour off the edge of the earth.

No more water, no more life.  We aren't here, and you are not reading this post.  You don't exist.

Or maybe there's a little boy on the other side of the ice wall sticking his finger in the hole.  The poor lad must be cold!

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
You can neither prove or disprove that those are not real photos.
They are definitely real though.

I have been forging pictures and documents for a while now so I will be happy to debunk this. NOTE: I only bothered looking at the second pic.

You can prove its fake because the spectral highlights seen in the water are rendered with a light source (or a reflection of the light source), positioned according to the density of reflections. (The further away the more reflections). Also water contrast in a mostly transparent liquid is too severe to obey these properties. This carries into the effect of not seeing the wall continue down through the water where it is most shallow. This doesn't even mention the shadows in the wall being countering that of the ripples. The next problem issue the light intensity of the 'ice' touching the water. How the ice gets brighter right next to the surface is a clear sign of superposition of the water onto the wall. This also lead me to believe that the picture must have been inverted, ("ctrl-I" in paint ::) ) After restoring the picture to the opposite spectrum, I see it looks just like stone like marble or granite pulled toward the mid gray spectrum. The illumination of the gray blob also matches the condensed and inverted image. I should also tell you that universally brightness of the wall on the back side is clear evidence that this was forged. The light is too ambient for the direction is faces. The resolution of the camera is too specific to the texture of the wall when applied to the stars. This leads me to compression of images that are positioned over each other. Colors are simplified varying amounts from picture to picture. For instance, right hand click the fill bucket tool with white on a couple areas in space between stars. Soon the whole thing fills in the same color. The ice wall has minimal compression loss whereas the water is in between. (Only 1 or 2 pixels fill in on the ice wall)

This also has a variety of contradictions with FE theory either which I did not list. I give your fake a 3 out of 10. Nice try. ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:42:41 PM by L0gic »
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.