Some Unanswered Questions...

• 41 Replies
?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
Re: Some Unanswered Questions...
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 08:26:37 AM »
and also, unarguable.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 08:29:29 AM »
That was the point. 

Higher dimensional orthogonal vectors was about the only thing useful I got out of linear algebra.

Of course, by useful, I mean I've used it once, including this time.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Loard Z

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 08:32:33 AM »
LOL.

I've used a lot of the stuff I studied a grand total of zero times since I graduated.
See My Greatness

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 08:54:27 AM »
LOL, FE'rs can't even come up with a coherent explanation for how TIDES would work in the FE model!

the RE answer: gravity from the moon and sun affecting the ocean!

FE answer? the closest thing i got was "the earth wobbles", to which i retorted, "without causing detectable earthquakes?" which left them speechless!

whoops, not quite, they gave their usual "there MUST be an explanation" speech, which they always say when confronted with one of the HUGE holes in their theory.

?

Loard Z

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 08:55:44 AM »
LOL, FE'rs can't even come up with a coherent explanation for how TIDES would work in the FE model!

the RE answer: gravity from the moon and sun affecting the ocean!

FE answer? the closest thing i got was "the earth wobbles", to which i retorted, "without causing detectable earthquakes?" which left them speechless!

whoops, not quite, they gave their usual "there MUST be an explanation" speech, which they always say when confronted with one of the HUGE holes in their theory.

Why would the wobble cause an Earthquake?
See My Greatness

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 10:42:02 PM »
Questions I still want an answer for:

Okay, I have another question that I never saw an answer to:

Quote from: FE FAQ
Q: "If the Earth was indeed a flat disc, wouldn't the whole planet crunch up into itself and eventually transform into a ball?"

A1: If the Earth generated a gravitational field, yes, it would eventually happen, after a billion years maybe. FE assumes that the Earth does not generate a gravitational field.  What we know as 'gravity' is provided by the acceleration of the earth.

A2: There is a counter-mass which pulls the Earth back into a disc shape.

Q: "Why does gravity vary with altitude?"

A: The moon and stars have a slight gravitational pull.

Q:  Follow-up to previous question:  How is it that the Earth does not have a gravitational pull, but stars and the moon do?

A:  This argument is a non sequitur.  You might as well ask, "How is it that snakes do not have legs, but dogs and cats do?"  Snakes are not dogs or cats.  The Earth is not a star or the moon.  It doesn't follow that each must have exactly the properties of the others, and no more.

So, is there such a thing as gravity or not?  Can't have it both ways.  If so, what causes that gravity?  Is it the mass of the stars and moon?  Is it what they're made of?  Please don't tell me it's related to DEF again.  ;)  This isn't about "moon and stars having gravity VS. earth having gravity," BTW, which is what is addressed in the FAQ.

I now have a clearer understanding of WHAT the DEF is supposed to be, but still do not understand how that relates to the bold sections above.  Is it everywhere?  Is it just in a "bubble" of sorts around the FE solar system (I don't know what else to call it)?  If it's a bubble, what holds it in place?  If it's everywhere, why doesn't it push down on the atmosphere?
The DEF is a direct consequence of the interaction of Dark Energy and the magnetic field of the Earth.  Dark Energy is responsible for the acceleration of the visible celestial bodies. 

Now, I understand having to change the model of an FE universe with the times and undebatable scientific fact.  (Boy, did THAT sound funny, on account of the nature of what we're discussing.  XD)  And I understand that all of what you're hypothesizing is impossible to prove, if I grant you that we "have never sent anything to space."  However, based on what you assume to be rock-solid scientific fact, I'd like ideas on the questions above.  Not FACTS, as it would be impossible to determine (to your satisfaction) whether they are, in actuality, facts.  Just your hypotheses. 

I know it's easier to ignore questions which are difficult or uncomfortable to answer, but for your theory to have any credibility, you can't just answer the questions you like and forget the ones you don't.  Please provide some speculation.

PS, I will not be online again for a few days, so feel free to take a while thinking if it's required.  But don't forget to answer, please.  :)

Oh Engy, are you ignoring me?  Come on now, I believe that people who have actual scientific knowledge and still believe in FE are intelligent, if terribly eccentric.  I want answers, damnit.  It's hard to understand your theory if I don't have a complete picture.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 11:59:37 PM »
So for the thousandth time now:
GRAVITY AS A FORCE DOES NOT EXIST.

The Dark Energy forms a sort of 'bow shock' shape due to the interaction with the underside of the FE.  This gives rise to the shape of the atmosphere as it is the interaction of the DE and the magnetic field that cause the DEF to provide the force that is always acting normal to the boundary layer. 

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 12:04:08 AM »
Don't argue semantics.  You know that what I'm referring to is what lay people call "gravity."  Change the word gravity above to gravitation if you wish, but we're talking about the same concept.

Please answer the above questions I have about the sun, moon and stars.  :)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 12:30:20 AM »
Change the word gravity above to gravitation if you wish, but we're talking about the same concept.
Please don't use gravity and gravitation interchangeably.  They are quite different concepts.

Please answer the above questions I have about the sun, moon and stars.  :)
To the best of our knowledge, it is the mass of the Sun and Moon that causes gravitation.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 04:25:11 PM »
Thank you for that answer.  I finally have a more accurate picture of what you guys really believe.  :)

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2007, 04:36:31 PM »
Gravitation exists. Gravity does not. Deal with it. Punks.

~D-Draw

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 04:42:22 PM »
Diego, I am not arguing FE/RE theory.  I was trying to get a handle on what FE'ers believe about these specific phenomena.

I majored in English, not a science-based subject.  I know enough physics to get a basic grasp on my fiance's classes, but that's it.  So stop acting like such a stuck-up prick.  I just wanted answers so I would understand more clearly.  I wasn't trying in any way to debunk FE theory, but to comprehend it.