Ultimate FE Discussion Thread

• 23 Replies

Trekky0623

• Official Member
Ultimate FE Discussion Thread
« on: October 06, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »
BASIC FLAT EARTH THEORY

1) The Earth and all celestial bodies are accelerated upward by a force known as the Universal Accelerator
          - Why doesn't the Universal Accelerator not accelerated objects near the Earth?

2) The sun acts as a spotlight and causes day.
          - In order for the correct amount of sunlight to hit the Earth, the angle of refraction would have to be huge.  Also, for Tom, when light passes through a medium of the same temperature and same density, the angle does not change.

3) The sun shines on the moon and cause moon phases.
          - This is simply not possible.  The sun's light must hit half the Earth, meaning that when the sunlight hits the atmosphere, it cannot be more than halfway.  More than that and the refraction becomes what I can only describe as "negative" and someone in the southern hemisphere would view the sun to the south and someone in the northern hemisphere would view the sun to the north, which is the complete opposite.

4) Lunar Eclipses are caused by the shadow object.

- How come the shadow object only appears in front of the moon?  Why doesn't it ever block the sun or how come we don't ever see it during daylight?

This thread will be expanded upon.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Ultimate FE Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 04:51:50 AM »
Why doesn't the Universal Accelerator not accelerated objects near the Earth?

That's because in UA theory only the earth is being accelerated. The stars and celestial bodies swim in the oceans above the firmament. The firmament in turn lays upon the earth. Historically, the firmament has been defined as the transparent dome entity which divides the earth from the ocean of the heavens, a sister to our earthly oceans. One above, one below.

Essentially, according to antiquity, we exist in a bubble of the vast ocean which is the universe.

- In order for the correct amount of sunlight to hit the Earth, the angle of refraction would have to be huge.  Also, for Tom, when light passes through a medium of the same temperature and same density, the angle does not change.

Once light is refracted at an angle from its norm that separation will become significant over time and distance. The more atmolayer the ray of light must pass through, the more it will be separated from the norm.

- This is simply not possible.  The sun's light must hit half the Earth, meaning that when the sunlight hits the atmosphere, it cannot be more than halfway.  More than that and the refraction becomes what I can only describe as "negative" and someone in the southern hemisphere would view the sun to the south and someone in the northern hemisphere would view the sun to the north, which is the complete opposite.

When one observes the phases of the moon he is simply observing the moon's day and night, a natural shadow from the sun illuminating half of the spherical moon at any one time. This is the exact same reason why moon phases occur in the Round Earth model.

The shadow on the moon will change slightly from day to day, as the angle of the moon differs. The moon moves in three spacial dimensions in patterns to create each of its phases. At first quarter moon the celestial moon is hung overhead of the observer level with the sun. This will illuminate approximately one half of the moon's surface; when the observer looks up he will see a shadow cutting the moon in half. As the moon moves upwards, it becomes located at an angle to the observer whereas its phases will slowly modify, changing to a waxing gibbous. The full moon occurs when it is above the level of the sun. The new moon occurs when the moon is below the level of the sun.

How come the shadow object only appears in front of the moon?  Why doesn't it ever block the sun or how come we don't ever see it during daylight?

The Shadow Object does sometimes block the sun. Both the sun and moon have been visible during a solar eclipse. Look into Wilbur Volvia's work for references.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:24:47 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 07:11:31 AM »
Look at the maggot who decided to do the expanding!

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 10:00:57 AM »

That's because in UA theory only the earth is being accelerated. The stars and celestial bodies swim in the oceans above the firmament. The firmament in turn lays upon the earth. Historically, the firmament has been defined as the transparent dome entity which divides the earth from the ocean of the heavens, a sister to our earthly oceans. One above, one below.

Essentially, according to antiquity, we exist in a bubble of the vast ocean which is the universe.
Imaginative! Do you have any evidence of the existence of this dome? Where does it rest on the FE? Have you traveled to these locations to verify its existence? Its nature? If not, how do you justify diverging from the method Rowbotham set down, to verify for yourself the truth?

Once light is refracted at an angle from its norm that separation will become significant over time and distance. The more atmolayer the ray of light must pass through, the more it will be separated from the norm.
Not responsive. You claim that the angle changes and then argue that it does not. You fail.

When one observes the phases of the moon he is simply observing the moon's day and night, a natural shadow from the sun illuminating half of the spherical moon at any one time. This is the exact same reason why moon phases occur in the Round Earth model.

The shadow on the moon will change slightly from day to day, as the angle of the moon differs. The moon moves in three spacial dimensions in patterns to create each of its phases. At first quarter moon the celestial moon is hung overhead of the observer level with the sun. This will illuminate approximately one half of the moon's surface; when the observer looks up he will see a shadow cutting the moon in half. As the moon moves upwards, it becomes located at an angle to the observer whereas its phases will slowly modify, changing to a waxing gibbous. The full moon occurs when it is above the level of the sun. The new moon occurs when the moon is below the level of the sun.
Your explanation has been refuted repeatedly. By drawing a diagram, you'll quickly find that what you suggest is stupid.
How come the shadow object only appears in front of the moon?  Why doesn't it ever block the sun or how come we don't ever see it during daylight?

The Shadow Object does sometimes block the sun. Both the sun and moon have been visible during a solar eclipse. Look into Wilbur Volvia's work for references.
False. The article talks about both the Moon and the Sun being visible during a lunar eclipse. You lie, again. (Oh, by the way, RE definitely allows for the both to be visible during a lunar eclipse.)

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 10:13:32 AM »

If the firmament sits on the surface of the Earth, why don't we float in it too?

Wrong.  The only change would be because of temperature, which is extremely small:

Did you even look at my picture?  Because the moon is on the other side of the Earth, in order for the sunlight to be refracted back to a spotlight covering half the Earth, the refraction would have to be ridiculous and I'm not even sure if possible.

And how about dark shadows just appearing in the sky?  I've never seen that.  And too bad those are sketches with no backing.  Do you have photographs?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:42:35 PM by Trekky0623 »

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 10:15:38 AM »
Hit me with your rhythm stick

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 04:04:37 PM »
bump

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »
bump2

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 07:45:39 PM »
Bumpł

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 09:01:45 PM »
b.ump x 103

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 07:13:24 AM »

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 07:20:59 AM »
There is a reason everyone is not allowed to make stickies :P.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 07:31:20 AM »
There's a reason Tom's avoiding the thread.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 09:02:21 AM »
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 10:04:31 AM »
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Get that bloody texas instrument garbage off of my slender complexion!

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 12:22:57 PM »
No bump

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 04:30:11 PM »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »
If the firmament sits on the surface of the Earth, why don't we float in it too?

The firmament is what is also known as the celestial dome or the vault of the heavens. I'm sure you've heard of it. It's part of Charles K. Johnson's model and the Flat Earth model of early Latin Philosophers. Basically it's a dome entity which sits over the earth, presumably connected to the earth southward beyond the known local area. The Universal Accelerator invokes the Celestial Dome.

The Celestial Dome is not a feature universal in all Flat Earth models, however.

Wrong.  The only change would be because of temperature, which is extremely small:

Once a ray of light hits the atmosphere it is shifted downwards in angle due to the refraction properties of Snell's law. This shift in angle at the top of the atmosphere will continue to diverge from the norm as the ray of light passes through the atmosphere. It may not shift any more, but the initial shift will continue to grow from its norm as the horizontal light rays pass through tens of thousands of miles of atmosphere.

For example, an initial one degree shift may not be significant across a sheet of A1 paper, but if we project an initial one degree shift across one square mile it becomes extremely significant.

Did you even look at my picture?  Because the moon is on the other side of the Earth, in order for the sunlight to be refracted back to a spotlight covering half the Earth, the refraction would have to be ridiculous and I'm not even sure if possible.

The sun and moon exist above the atmosphere, where the rays of light travel in straight lines unencumbered by the atmosphere.

And how about dark shadows just appearing in the sky?  I've never seen that.  And too bad those are sketches with no backing.  Do you have photographs?

Volvia's sketches come from various astronomical anomaly reports. I have a few Astronomical anomalies books around. I'll get around to scanning some reports and testimonials for you.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:34:50 PM by Tom Bishop »

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 08:38:26 PM »

Once a ray of light hits the atmosphere it is shifted downwards in angle due to the refraction properties of Snell's law. This shift in angle at the top of the atmosphere will continue to diverge from the norm as the ray of light passes through the atmosphere. It may not shift any more, but the initial shift will continue to grow from its norm as the horizontal light rays pass through tens of thousands of miles of atmosphere.

For example, an initial one degree shift may not be significant across a sheet of A1 paper, but if we project an initial one degree shift over one square mile it becomes extremely significant.

Once again you are misunderstanding refraction.  In a medium of the same density, the angle is constant.  When a person measures refraction, it's in a ratio of speed from medium 1 to medium 2: x:y.  There is no distance involved.

The sun and moon exist above the atmosphere, where the rays of light can travel in straight lines unencumbered by the atmosphere.

Exactly my point.  Because relative to the upper center of the atmosphere the moon is on the opposite side as the sun, the light would have to come from the sun to the moon to the atmosphere on the other side of the center, and then refracted back towards the center, an impossible feat.

Volvia's sketches come from various astronomical anomaly reports. I have a few Astronomical anomalies books around. I'll get around to scanning some reports and testimonials for you.

Thank you.  That would be appreciated.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »
Once again you are misunderstanding refraction.  In a medium of the same density, the angle is constant.  When a person measures refraction, it's in a ratio of speed from medium 1 to medium 2: x:y.  There is no distance involved.

No, you are not understanding me.

Lets hypothetically say that the atmosphere is one constant medium from its top to bottom. Lets say that a ray of light enters the top of the atmosphere and is shifted downwards three degrees. As the light proceeds through the atmosphere it may not become shifted any more, but that initial shift at the top of the atmosphere will cause the separation of light from its norm continue to grow due to the fact that an initial three degree shift over tens of thousand of miles is absolutely significant.

Your images are not to scale, and therefore your illustration squishes the actual angles of the refraction. The refracted angles are much more gentle than portrayed in your image. After all, the earth is 24,900 miles in diameter, not six inches in diameter as your image shows.

Exactly my point.  Because relative to the upper center of the atmosphere the moon is on the opposite side as the sun, the light would have to come from the sun to the moon to the atmosphere on the other side of the center, and then refracted back towards the center, an impossible feat.

The sun and moon exist above the atmosphere. Therefore the light of the sun can hit the moon without passing through the atmosphere. Once light hits the moon we can consider the moon to be self luminous. The moon then projects its light into the atmosphere from all points of its illuminated surface, its light confined through Snell's Law to a succinct circle of moon-light.

I don't see what's so confusing.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 09:14:03 PM by Tom Bishop »

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 09:12:40 PM »

No, you are not understanding me.

Lets hypothetically say that the atmosphere is one constant medium from its top to bottom. Lets say that a ray of light enters the top of the atmosphere and is shifted downwards three degrees. As the light proceeds through the atmosphere it may not become shifted any more, but that initial shift at the top of the atmosphere will cause the separation of light from its norm continue to grow due to the fact that an initial three degree shift over tens of thousand of miles is absolutely significant.

Your images are not to scale, and therefore your illustration squishes the actual angles of the refraction. The refracted angles are much more gentle than portrayed in your image. After all, the earth is 24,900 miles in diameter, not five inches across as your image shows.

Even though it may continue to pass through the atmosphere, the relative position of the sun will remain the same because the angle will be the same.  In other words, it is still insignificant no matter the distance of atmosphere the light passes through.

The sun and moon exist above the atmosphere. Therefore the light of the sun can hit the moon without passing through the atmosphere. One light hits the moon we can consider the moon to be self luminous. The moon then projects its light into the atmosphere from all points of its illuminated surface, its light confined to a succinct circle of moon-light.

I don't see what's so confusing.
[/quote]

Unless you can draw a picture depicting how the sun illuminates the moon and still hit the only half the Earth, this picture is the basis on which I make my assumptions, as it is the only way I can imagine it could work.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »
EXPLANATION OF MY PICTURE
1) Light travels from the sun to the moon.
2) Light travels beyond the moon to the atmosphere.
3) In order for the light to hit the correct parts of the Earth, the light must be negatively refracted back towards the daylight side.

Quite impossible.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 06:30:27 AM »
My question still has not been answered.  How can the sun illuminate the moon without having to do this:

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 04:22:41 AM »
My question still has not been answered.  How can the sun illuminate the moon without having to do this:

In fact the Sun is a darkness absorber, it can only absord darkness in a limited range  ;D

That makes sense doesn't it?
"... therefore, Earth must be flat"