Calvinism

• 0 Replies
?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
Calvinism
« on: October 04, 2007, 05:25:45 PM »
I'm a Presbyterian which a section of the branch of Calvinism.  I just have a couple questions and my ideas on them if anyone wants to chime in.

Total debravity-Man is born with original sin casted down Adam and Eve.  This means that if you are not baptized for any reason you are going to hell because of the original sin.  I think this is ludicrous.  Sins are not passed down.

Predestination-The idea the God has chosen all who will be saved at the beginning of time.  I don't like to believe this because it takes away free will but knowing that God is all-knowing and all-powerful means he already knows what will happen.  This one is hard to argue against.

Limited Atonement-Belief that Christ only died for the elect few.  This is where I have the most trouble accepting Calvinism.  Granted in Matthew it says that many people will not see eternal life it also says in 1 John "and christ died for our sins(or says he is the propiation for...) but not just our sins but for the sins of the whole world.  So is Paul talking about the whole world or is it just a mediphor for the elect.  I personally believe it means everyone no matter what religion. 

Please chime in and list your thoughts.
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.