Whats Gods problem?

• 25 Replies
?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
Whats Gods problem?
« on: October 13, 2007, 01:43:28 PM »
Why would a loving God create Earth just to torture billions of it's inhabitants? 
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
Re: Whats Gods problem?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 02:13:29 PM »
Why would such a loving God send people to Hell?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »
That make me sad!   :'(

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »
Then why did you come back? we dont want you here.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »
F*cking Adam and Eve, shitting everything up.

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 09:15:37 PM »
Well, they did sort of ruin their sutuation, and now Mankind suffers for it.

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »
Thats right, blame a fictional pair of characters for the problems of the fictional realms that fate lays before supposed sinners. Good way to emotionally blackmail the naive to join the Christian band wagon.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »
Thats right, blame a fictional pair of characters for the problems of the fictional realms that fate lays before supposed sinners. Good way to emotionally blackmail the naive to join the Christian band wagon.
Fuck your mom, and the tom she was with when you were concieved.

Rhymes if ur drinking.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 10:36:48 PM »

I find it quite stupid how were all suffering, because 2 people made a mistake.

And the fact that God is making people suffer because adam and eve ate fruit off a tree makes it even more stupid. I mean god told them not to eat the fruit from one specific tree from the garden of eden but still to punish us all because of that? come on!

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 10:44:12 PM »

And the fact that God is making people suffer because adam and eve ate fruit off a tree makes it even more stupid. I mean god told them not to eat the fruit from one specific tree from the garden of eden but still to punish us all because of that? come on!
The stupid penguin (God) should have known better than to leave shit like a tree of knowlege around them curious critters. It's like leaving your valuables outside a junkie area and asking the junkies not to touch them.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 11:26:46 PM »

The stupid penguin (God) should have known better than to leave shit like a tree of knowlege around them curious critters. It's like leaving your valuables outside a junkie area and asking the junkies not to touch them.

LOL yeah i reckon i mean he puts the tree in the garden of eden were adam and eve are,  and tells them not to eat fruit off it, just goes to show how smart the almighty god is.

Oh talking about the garden of eden emperor constantine who attended the first council set up believed that the garden of eden was set on another planet.

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 12:06:05 AM »
Oh talking about the garden of eden emperor constantine who attended the first council set up believed that the garden of eden was set on another planet.

What are you waiting for? Go make a new Society website about that!

LOL nah im not that experienced in HTML :P

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 01:50:12 AM »
Whats Gods proplem?

He's just a jerk.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 06:12:20 AM »
I'm quite happy with nothing at the end. I just don't think I could be arsed with Heaven or Hell
Quote from: Me in heaven
"What? Worship God again? bollocks to that, I'm going to lie in and have a wank"

Quote from: me in hell
"What? Get tortured again? bollocks to that, I'm going to lie in and have a wank"

beast

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 06:20:42 AM »
Yeah it's important to note that God knows everything.  So although it doesn't say it in the Bible, when God created the Earth, She knew that doing so would create a world where today 35,000 children under the age of 5 starve to death every day.  God is happy with her creation.

Of course such arguments are meaningless, God having a completely disgusting sense of morality is not evidence of her existence or non-existence.  Christians will argue that we don't know why God does things, suggesting that they believe the 35,000 children starving to death every day good be a good thing in the bigger picture, and that we can't compare our morals with God's suggesting that maybe 35,000 children starving to death every day is the morally right thing to happen, we just don't see it that way because we're not God. 

The reality is that such arguments are meaningless.  It's like arguing who would in a fight; a ninja or a pirate.  It might be a fun speculative exercise, but it's obviously pointless.  There's no reason to believe that God exists, never mind what kind of morals she has if she does.

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 08:50:04 AM »
Yeah it's important to note that God knows everything.  So although it doesn't say it in the Bible, when God created the Earth, She knew that doing so would create a world where today 35,000 children under the age of 5 starve to death every day.  God is happy with her creation.

Of course such arguments are meaningless, God having a completely disgusting sense of morality is not evidence of her existence or non-existence.  Christians will argue that we don't know why God does things, suggesting that they believe the 35,000 children starving to death every day good be a good thing in the bigger picture, and that we can't compare our morals with God's suggesting that maybe 35,000 children starving to death every day is the morally right thing to happen, we just don't see it that way because we're not God. 

The reality is that such arguments are meaningless.  It's like arguing who would in a fight; a ninja or a pirate.  It might be a fun speculative exercise, but it's obviously pointless.  There's no reason to believe that God exists, never mind what kind of morals she has if she does.

We live in a fallen world, it is Adam and Eve's fault. Plus it is our fault not God's that those children are suffering, why don't we send food to help them rather then sitting here whining about how God won't just snap his fingers and do it for us. The Argument from Evil against the existence of God could be renamed the Argument from Complaint.

beast

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 08:56:59 AM »
But God knew exactly what Adam and Eve would do when she created them, and God knew that 35,000 children would starve to death every day when she created the world, but she chose to do it anyway.  She knows that we won't help.

Also "sending food" is obviously not the solution, but perhaps gives us a better impression of your age.  Instead of building aid reliant societies, we need to build sustainable societies.

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 10:42:10 AM »
"The Lord has made all for Himself, yes even the wicked for the day of doom." Proverbs 16:4
According to this God does make people for heaven.  And since being a christian bases everything off of God being all knowing doens't this mean that he already knew what Adam and Eve would do?
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 02:06:04 PM »
But God knew exactly what Adam and Eve would do when she created them, and God knew that 35,000 children would starve to death every day when she created the world, but she chose to do it anyway.  She knows that we won't help.

Also "sending food" is obviously not the solution, but perhaps gives us a better impression of your age.  Instead of building aid reliant societies, we need to build sustainable societies.

That is not what I meant, I did not mean just drop a bag of groceries at their doorstep. I meant that the church  or another charitable organization should become involved in all areas which they suffer. It might not fix the problem but it would help. And why does the death of 35,000 children occur each year? Simple, because we live in a fallen world and bad things are going to happen to apparently good people. I cannot give much of a better answer. Perhapse because He wants us to care for these children wel, and we are slacking in our duties, its just a conjencture though.

?

Torn Bishop

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 03:02:44 PM »
That is not what I meant, I did not mean just drop a bag of groceries at their doorstep. I meant that the church
They're not responsible enough to feed the starving, don't be so fucking naive.

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »
That is not what I meant, I did not mean just drop a bag of groceries at their doorstep. I meant that the church
They're not responsible enough to feed the starving, don't be so fucking naive.
Excactly

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »
People are starving so people like us can have better lives. It sucks really but that's the truth to it - "developed" countries suck out all the money from "developing" countries and use it to further their own agenda. If we truly wanted to help the starving, we could all pledge £10, or $10 of our own money. For 250,000,000 US citizens (approx), that's $2.5bn. For 60,000,000 UK citizens, that's another £600m = $1.2bn. Then we have France, Germany, Canada, Japan, Iceland, and many more.

That much money would go a long way towards helping the starving establish long-term sustainable societies without starvation.

But the problem is, no-one will give up $10 of their money. They're too greedy. Our greed is the reason people are starving, and there's no other argument against it, it's not God, it's us.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 06:56:06 PM »
People are starving so people like us can have better lives. It sucks really but that's the truth to it - "developed" countries suck out all the money from "developing" countries and use it to further their own agenda. If we truly wanted to help the starving, we could all pledge £10, or $10 of our own money. For 250,000,000 US citizens (approx), that's $2.5bn. For 60,000,000 UK citizens, that's another £600m = $1.2bn. Then we have France, Germany, Canada, Japan, Iceland, and many more.

That much money would go a long way towards helping the starving establish long-term sustainable societies without starvation.

But the problem is, no-one will give up $10 of their money. They're too greedy. Our greed is the reason people are starving, and there's no other argument against it, it's not God, it's us.
Exactly

?

Loard Z

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 07:09:38 PM »
thanks
See My Greatness

beast

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 01:18:38 AM »
If God exists, she created a world knowing that this very situation would occur.  She knew exactly what we would choose, and she chose to create that world anyway.  Not only that, but the vast majority of those children, who are never exposed to Christianity, will go to hell once they starve to death.

?

Loard Z

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 03:06:01 AM »
If God exists, she created a world knowing that this very situation would occur.  She knew exactly what we would choose, and she chose to create that world anyway.  Not only that, but the vast majority of those children, who are never exposed to Christianity, will go to hell once they starve to death.

Why do you refer to God as a female entity?

Personally, I think God would be sexless, if God exists.
See My Greatness