the blue marble

• 6 Replies
the blue marble
« on: September 27, 2007, 10:57:24 AM »
http://palimpsest.typepad.com/frogsandravens/pictures/earth.jpg

beautifull isn't it. the only picture of the earth with the sun directly behind it.

I've heard lots of stupid questions about it like "why doesn't the rocket block out the sun", and "why are there no stars in the background".

But in the end the blatantly obviouse fact exists that it is real and it is incredible. I could spend days at a time just staring at the nights sky but I guess there's no point if everything I see is completely misunderstood and in fact completely impossible as FE quite clearly states.
"keyboard not detected. Press any key to continue"

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: the blue marble
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:14:02 AM »
The picture is fake. if you're a FEer or REer it don't matter. it is a composite image.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 11:42:27 AM »
Dude, that's just the circular spotlight from the sun on the flat earth.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »
That picture is known to be "fake" (not really the right term as it wasn't meant to be thought as a photo).

If you were to be in space and the sun on the opposite side of the earth you wouldn't see as clearly as that.
Also in RE the world is said to be a tad flattened (not to be mistaken with FE :D) due to rotation. Which obviously isn't the case here. Altho I don't know if you could see it in a picture like this.

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 01:51:13 PM »
....pretty ;D
No problem solved in the least--and you only had to eliminate an entire continent to fail to accomplish it.

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 07:56:08 AM »
That picture is known to be "fake" (not really the right term as it wasn't meant to be thought as a photo).

If you were to be in space and the sun on the opposite side of the earth you wouldn't see as clearly as that.
Also in RE the world is said to be a tad flattened (not to be mistaken with FE :D) due to rotation. Which obviously isn't the case here. Altho I don't know if you could see it in a picture like this.

The distortion due to the rotation is on the order of 10s of miles. The earth is 7,500 miles in diameter. Yes, it's going to look like a sphere upon casual inspection.

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 08:15:50 AM »
Yes I thought so. Altho it doesn't change the fact that this isn't a photo.