List of genuine/hoax Flat-Earth sites

• 20 Replies

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 10:03:44 AM »
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 07:04:57 AM »
http://www.geocities.com/terracoeli7/index.html

i believe this is real, but with false claims.
i]On this issue -- my default assumption is that all members of this forum are male.  I usually expect women to have more sense than to waste their time arguing trivialities over the internet.
[/i]
-Erasmus

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:01:01 AM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
This one's real: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm

This is the only FE site that I have seen that seems to be "real" (i.e. they are actually serious about what they are claiming and not spoofing).
Science and religion do NOT contradict one another, but are two truths." (from askmoses.com)

"Religion without science is blind, but science without religion is lame." - Albert Einstein

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:48:42 AM »
Quote from: "mbczion"
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
This one's real: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm

This is the only FE site that I have seen that seems to be "real" (i.e. they are actually serious about what they are claiming and not spoofing).

Well, I don't think the writer of the article believes it (Robert J. Schadewald, to whom that article is copywrited, was definately an REer), but at least it's something on Charles Johnson that's untainted by RE bias.

--Chal

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 01:22:48 AM »
the

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 04:13:51 PM »
oh boy look whos returned
i]On this issue -- my default assumption is that all members of this forum are male.  I usually expect women to have more sense than to waste their time arguing trivialities over the internet.
[/i]
-Erasmus

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 06:54:45 AM »
the

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 02:07:23 AM »
the

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Re: List of genuine/hoax Flat-Earth sites
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 11:58:36 PM »
Quote from: "cheesejoff"
http://www.geocities.com/terracoeli7/index.html

Almost certainly fake... it's got one of those "Bush on the Mars-lander set" photographs.  Nicely done.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 02:17:48 AM »
the

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 01:54:14 AM »
the

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 11:48:56 AM »
Quote from: "Dionysios"
I do not know if you guys are familiar with this one or not, but 'Roger Wilcox' is obviouisly an evangelical of the dispensationalist (i.e. rapture) persuasion.  In spite of this and some other disappointments, the site seems genuine:

http://home.netcom.com/~rogermw/square_earth.html

- Dionysios

You might want to have a look at other articles by "Roger M. Wilcox", such as The Wacky Millenium in which he writes

Quote from: "Roger M. Wilcox"
That very same year – Cristoforo Colombo, an avid fan of Marco Polo's writings, cajoles Ferdinand and Isabella into giving him a miniscule fleet of ships so he can sail around the world and plunder Japan.  Fortunately, everyone who can read at the time knows that the world is round.

You don't even need to leave the original link to see that he's not serious:

Quote from: "Roger M. Wilcox"
And if that's not enough to convince you, consider this: Of all the nations on Earth today, God most loves the United States of America.  (This is evident from songs like "God Bless America," and from the fact that Pat Robertson, God's chosen spokesman, lives in the U.S..)  America's national pastime is the game of baseball.  Baseball is played on a "diamond", which is perfectly square in shape — and which, I might add, has its corners oriented to point toward the four compass points.  God would not have made baseball into the national pastime of His favorite nation if He didn't have a higher purpose in mind for it.  Clearly, His higher purpose is to show us the True shape of the Earth.  The Earth must be perfecly square, just like the diamond-shaped field in God's Chosen Sport is square.

Sorry, Dionysios, but I have to call shenanigans here.  Thanks for the link though -- I especially appreciate his activate opposition to the evils of Jediism.  Those wacky Jedi!
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 04:20:15 PM »
the

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 03:41:50 AM »
the

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 11:29:52 AM »
I think this should be changed a bit, instead of real or fake, it should be in accordance with FE or not in accordance with FE

becasue every person has their own beliefs, who are we to say whether or not they are real FE, the person could just be crazy, but it could be their real beliefs.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 06:43:15 AM »
the

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 06:53:49 AM »
the

?

Taonas

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 09:36:54 AM »
Quote from: "Dionysios"

You will likely think this ridiculous and not worth the trouble, but I submit the contents of the following Private Message from the founder of this site in order to confirm it as a legitimate flat earth website and sponsor its inclusion on the legitimate list:

Therefore, recommend adding http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums to the legitimate list.

- Dionysios

As per a request by Cinlef I am to inform you that he is away on vacation. As always he holds you and everything you believe in complete and utter contempt.

Have a nice day.

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 12:25:05 PM »
the

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »