LOL

• 46 Replies
LOL
« on: September 20, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »
You guy are fucking idiots. The earth is not fucking flat.

Explain the following then:

pictures of Earth from space

The fact people have physically traveled around the earth.

The horizon

The fact the curve of the earth had to be considered when designing the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

Time zones

No one has scene this "ice wall".

The fact that along with the earth everything exerts a force of gravity.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: LOL
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:52:24 PM »
Yeah no one has 'scene' the ice wall....

read the FAQ
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 01:52:47 PM »
Another person that has failed to read. Lovely.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 01:58:14 PM »
Use facts to support your arguments, saying the government is part of some conspiracy is making an assumption; and better yet, the government has no motive for it. And, is it a coincidence that with the 200+ countries on this Earth, the government for each of them is part of this conspiracy?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 02:01:11 PM »
Read harder...
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 02:01:19 PM »
And really, I can come up with a bullshit reason fort he earth being a pyramid.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 02:02:07 PM »
Use facts to support your arguments, saying the government is part of some conspiracy is making an assumption; and better yet, the government has no motive for it. And, is it a coincidence that with the 200+ countries on this Earth, the government for each of them is part of this conspiracy?

No, those 200+ countries aren't.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 02:02:26 PM »
pictures of Earth from space

Some images from space show a Flat Earth. Others are fakes.

The fact people have physically traveled around the earth.

Circumnavigation is entirely possible on a Flat Earth.

The horizon

The horizon is flat, exactly what one would expect from observing a Flat Earth.

The fact the curve of the earth had to be considered when designing the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

Any such assumption would result in a slightly sloping bridge.

Time zones

The model of the time zones are based on the assumption that the earth is a sphere. It's not.

Ergo, the time zones are wrong.

No one has scene this "ice wall".

Plenty of people have seen and been to the 150 foot high Ice Wall at the coast of Antarctica.

The fact that along with the earth everything exerts a force of gravity.

The force of Gravity does not exist.

Also, read the FAQ.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:06:41 PM by Tom Bishop »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 02:03:56 PM »

At last count I'm pretty sure there was only 192 countries

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »

Only NASA is involved with a Conspiracy. Every other space agency observes a Flat Earth.

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 02:07:02 PM »
lol, show me one picture from space of a flat earth.

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 02:07:34 PM »

At last count I'm pretty sure there was only 192 countries

Well if there is only 192, then I guess he's in his own world.

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 02:09:22 PM »
And dumb ass there are 192 countries part of the UN, more than 200+ by themselves.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 02:11:03 PM »
And dumb ass there are 192 countries part of the UN, more than 200+ by themselves.

name the 8+ that aren't part of the UN but are actual countries....

EDIT: 193 if you count the Vatican, 194 if you count Taiwan....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:17:28 PM by General Swiss Army Penis »

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »
And if the earth was flat, one would be able to see infinitely, not the 2-3 miles they are restricted too.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 02:12:15 PM »
lol, show me one picture from space of a flat earth.

http://www.sbszoo.com/bear/sable/sable3.htm

Here is a website made by an independent observer which demonstrates the Flat Earth as seen from the edge of space. You will notice that the horizon from the edge of space 80 miles up takes the form of an elliptical curve, exactly what one would expect when looking down at a large circle.

If the earth were a globe, curving downwards in all directions, then the horizon's curvature as seen from space would take the form of an arc of a circle. It doesn't.

And if we look at the images on that website and squint hard enough we can see the distant continents of the earth, located tens of thousands of miles away from the camera, almost beyond the resolution of the human eye, faded with the atmosphere, practically merged with the horizon line.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:16:38 PM by Tom Bishop »

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »

Only NASA is involved with a Conspiracy. Every other space agency observes a Flat Earth.

That's a new one, Tom  :o

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »

name the 8+ that aren't part of the UN but are actual countries....
From wiki:
On this list are 244 entities of the following types:

* 194 states with general international recognition:
          o 192 member states of the United Nations (UN).
          o 1 state with general international recognition but not UN membership, governed by the Holy See (a UN permanent observer): Vatican City.
    * 9 states lacking general international recognition, none of which are UN members, that may be defined as states in the body of customary international law and drawing on the precedent of the Montevideo Convention:
          o 1 state, no longer a UN member since late 1971, recognized by 23 UN member states and the Holy See (Vatican City), and currently with de facto international relations with many others, the Republic of China (commonly referred to as Taiwan).
          o 1 state, member of the African Union and the Asian-African Strategic Partnership formed at the 2005 Asian-African Conference, recognized by 46 UN member states but never admitted to the UN itself, with most of its claimed territory under Moroccan de facto administration, the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic in Western Sahara.
          o 1 proposed state, member of the Arab League and the Organization of the Islamic Conference, recognized by more than 100 UN member states though never itself a UN member, with no sovereignty over its claimed territories, the State of Palestine.[1]
          o 1 de facto independent state, diplomatically recognized by no UN member states except Turkey, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.[2]
          o 5 de facto independent states, namely Abkhazia (Georgia),[3] Nagorno-Karabakh (Azerbaijan),[4] Transnistria (Moldova),[5] Somaliland (Somalia),[6] and South Ossetia (Georgia),[7] none recognized by any UN member states.
    * 38 inhabited dependent territories:
          o 3 external territories of Australia (Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Norfolk Island).
          o 2 overseas countries in the Kingdom of Denmark (Faroe Islands and Greenland).
          o 7 overseas territories of France:[8]
                + 1 sui generis (unique) community (New Caledonia).
                + 6 overseas collectivities:
                      # 1 overseas country (French Polynesia)
                      # 1 departmental collectivity (Mayotte)
                      # 1 territorial collectivity (Saint Pierre and Miquelon)
                      # 2 collectivities (Saint-Barthélemy and Saint Martin)
                      # 1 territory (Wallis and Futuna)
          o 2 overseas countries in the Kingdom of the Netherlands (Aruba and Netherlands Antilles).
          o 3 dependent territories of New Zealand:
                + 2 states in free association with New Zealand (Cook Islands and Niue).
                + 1 overseas territory (Tokelau).
          o 16 British dependencies:
                + 13 overseas territories of the United Kingdom (Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena (and its dependencies Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha), Turks and Caicos Islands, and the Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia).
                + 3 Crown dependencies (Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man).
          o 5 unincorporated territories of the United States:
                + 2 commonwealths (Northern Mariana Islands and Puerto Rico).
                + 2 organized territories (Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands).
                + 1 de facto organized territory lacking an Organic Act (American Samoa).
    * 4 special entities recognized by international treaty or agreement (Åland in Finland, Svalbard in Norway, as well as the 2 special administrative regions of the People's Republic of China - Hong Kong and Macau).

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 02:16:51 PM »
Show me a picture that shows me the earth in it's entirety. Russia visited space many times. Show me something like that.

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 02:18:32 PM »
And that is what I meant by 200+ countries, the 244 entities.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 02:18:38 PM »
That's a new one, Tom  :o

Not really. It's exactly what former FES president Samuel Shenton pointed out in the 1960's. Only NASA images portray the curvature of the earth as an arc of a circle.

Other space agencies portray curvature of the earth as an ellipse, precisely what one would expect when looking down at a large flat circle.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:20:41 PM by Tom Bishop »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 02:20:39 PM »

entities don't equate to countries, more like semi-countries, only 193/4 are generally recognised as countries so thats really a better figure to go by

?

Zergspower

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »
Your theory of a flat earth is not physicaly possible!! O.o

IN THE NAME OF CHEESE I DECLARE THAT YOU NEED HELP

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
Gulliver, does your survey include micronations such as Sealand (and possibly Lovely, I suppose) in it? Also, technically The UK can be split into: England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland, Isle of man, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isles of Scily (sp) and Cornwall

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »
Gulliver, does your survey include micronations such as Sealand (and possibly Lovely, I suppose) in it? Also, technically The UK can be split into: England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland, Isle of man, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isles of Scily (sp) and Cornwall

Yes Lovely is a country! My country!

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »

entities don't equate to countries, more like semi-countries, only 193/4 are generally recognised as countries so thats really a better figure to go by

Then show me one of those fucking pictures. Not some balloon experiment by a bunch of fucking rednecks. Russia, Japan, China, et cetera have all been to space, they must have a clear shot at your precious flat earth.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 02:32:44 PM »

Then show me one of those fucking pictures. Not some balloon experiment by a bunch of fucking rednecks. Russia, Japan, China, et cetera have all been to space, they must have a clear shot at your precious flat earth.

Why do noobs get so ANGRY at FE?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 02:32:55 PM »
I haven't got any of the fucking pictures, do I look like I have access to information from space agencies?!

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 02:33:13 PM »
Because you all are fucking retards.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »
Do I look like a fucking retard?!

Wait..don't answer that