How can you Have a North Pole Without A South Pole

• 9 Replies
« on: April 19, 2006, 12:05:15 PM »
There is many flaws in the flat earth theory, the biggest of which is that a flat object does not have a pole. a sphere has a pole. a north pole and a south pole. according to the FE theory there is just an ice wall.

seeing as how in the FE theory there cant be a pole, if there is wouldnt it be called "the pole" instead of the north pole?

and dont give me some "because its north in the sky" bs. thats an incorrect tense of the noun "north pole".
i]On this issue -- my default assumption is that all members of this forum are male.  I usually expect women to have more sense than to waste their time arguing trivialities over the internet.
[/i]
-Erasmus

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Re: How can you Have a North Pole Without A South Pole
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 12:26:11 PM »
Quote from: "Marshy"
There is many flaws in the flat earth theory,

There are many flaws in your post.

a flat object does not have a pole. a sphere has a pole. a north pole and a south pole. according to the FE theory there is just an ice wall.

seeing as how in the FE theory there cant be a pole, if there is wouldnt it be called "the pole" instead of the north pole?

*gawk*.  You just said, "(not P) and (P --> Q)."  I'm guessing you also mean "not Q".  So I guess you've proven "not P", i.e., "there is no pole".  So what's your point?

and dont give me some "because its north in the sky" bs. thats an incorrect tense of the noun "north pole".

Wow, you don't get too many RE-ers putting words in FE-ers mouths -- usually it's totally unnecessary.

And what is the correct tense of the noun "north pole" anyway?  Future?  Present perfect?  I'm not sure.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:48:30 PM »
Past imperfect, I think.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 02:01:15 PM »
i beleve our unintelligent friend here may mean, 'meaning' not tense

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 04:07:13 PM »
There is many flaws in the flat earth theory, the biggest of which is that a flat object does not have a pole. a sphere has a pole. a north pole and a south pole. according to the FE theory there is just an ice wall.
*snip*

This has probably got to be the worst proof for a round earth that I've ever seen.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 04:35:30 PM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
*snip*

This has probably got to be the worst proof for a round earth that I've ever seen.

What abotu "The Earth is Flat because the orange slayed the rake?"

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 06:36:03 PM »
Quote from: "Four Fifths"
What abotu "The Earth is Flat because the orange slayed the rake?"

That is ambiguous enough that it could possibly have some truth to it, which is still exponentially more convincing than "only spheres can be magnetized".

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 01:35:02 AM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"

Worse even than, "If everything in this sentence is true, then the Earth is flat?"

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 09:38:47 AM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Worse even than, "If everything in this sentence is true, then the Earth is flat?"

-Erasmus

Ok, so it's almost the worst I've ever seen.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 09:48:01 AM »
There can easily be worse than that, like "the earth is round because I looked at it".

I agree that using the reasoning in the first post, you couldn't even prove that a cow makes milk.