RE floating oceans.

• 817 Replies
?

something

Re: RE floating oceans.
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »
This is satire.
I must agree.

If it weren't for me, none of this would happen.
we already took it out on your son

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 02:50:19 PM »

So stop with unfunny spam

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2007, 02:50:59 PM »
Have you ever weighed a bucket of water? Weigh the bucket while it's empty, then fill it up with water. Notice a change? MAYBE ITS A CONSPIRACY

Okay, now dip the bucket into your pool, how much does it weigh now?

Are you seriously that stupid?

Yes, the idea is retarded beyond belief. And so are you for even suggesting it.

It's your model. Perhaps you should be careful what words you throw at it.

The world is round, it's been proven long before morons such as yourself came about. There's no conspiracy. OMG ICE WALL OMG FAKE FACTS

RE'ers don't appeal to authority!!

?

God, lol

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 02:52:52 PM »
This is satire.
I must agree.

If it weren't for me, none of this would happen.
we already took it out on your son
ALL OF YOU WILL FEEL MY WRATH ON 2012. fistofanangrygod;

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 02:53:52 PM »
This thread is a crime against reason.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 02:55:49 PM »
This thread is crimethink against BB.

Corrected by miniluv

narcberry

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »
2 pages and RE'ers still can't refute. They sure are angry though, aren't they? Guess I should be more careful about their precious model.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2007, 03:12:14 PM »
The Earth moves at an incredible speed whether you're RE or FE, direction is largely immaterial

?

something

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
Actually, let me just put it this way.

A cubic foot of fresh water weighs 62.4 lbs and a cubic foot of sea water weighs 64 lbs.

Ocean water weighs more because it contains salt.

The bucket floats because the weight of the water is greater than that of the bucket.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 03:14:47 PM by something »

narcberry

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »

A cubic foot of fresh water weighs 62.4 lbs and a cubic foot of sea water weighs 64 lbs.

Ok, but let's try doing this in context of the topic at hand. How much do either of those weigh within their own medium? Seriously, I've told you three times already.

narcberry

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »
Buoyancy, the idea behind how hundred-thousand ton freighters can float, is a force based on displacement. If you displace a gallon of water, you get that much buoyancy. The buoyancy force is equal to the (weight)x(amount) of whatever you are displacing. The math in my example is simple. A gallon of water displaces a gallon of water. So the gallon of water weighs 0 pounds in the water because it displaces the exact amount and weight of itself. So pick any gallon of water in the ocean, it weighs 0 pounds. If every gallon of water in the ocean weighs 0 pounds, than the whole of the oceans weigh 0 pounds. All our oceans are weightless, why don't they float away?

?

something

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »

Ok, but let's try doing this in context of the topic at hand. How much do either of those weigh within their own medium? Seriously, I've told you three times already.
How is that not within the context of the topic? You claimed that water was weightless in your first post. And that water floats and some other bullshit.

Obviously by stating that a cubic foot of fresh water weights 62.4 pounds, it proves your shitty theory incorrect. If you add that water to a larger body of water, it simply adds to its mass.

I don't see what you're getting at.

?

something

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 03:30:38 PM »
If every gallon of water in the ocean weighs 0 pounds, than the whole of the oceans weigh 0 pounds. All our oceans are weightless, why don't they float away?
Because they're not weightless?

Show me a link then providing this information.

narcberry

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 03:33:53 PM »

How is that not within the context of the topic? You claimed that water was weightless in your first post. And that water floats and some other bullshit.

Obviously by stating that a cubic foot of fresh water weights 62.4 pounds, it proves your shitty theory incorrect. If you add that water to a larger body of water, it simply adds to its mass.

How elementary does this conversation need to drop to for you RE'ers to participate? If you don't understand a topic, perhaps you shouldn't become to passionately involved. These questions are best on page 1, before your counter-argument.

Last try for you: Water is as buoyant (in water) as it is heavy. As long as it remains in water, it is weightless. Our oceans are all within water. Therefore, our oceans are all weightless. Why don't they float away?

Every time you mock this, remember you are mocking the round-earth model. Be careful what you toss insults at.

?

something

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »
Also, the weight of the amount of a gallon of ocean water (which is made up of salt) depends on the amount of salt dissolved into the ocean.

1 gallon of ocean water doesn't equal 0 pounds. Where did you come up with this?

Also, your "buoyant" response is completely uneducated.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 03:37:02 PM by something »

narcberry

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 03:35:11 PM »
Also, the weight of the amount of a gallon of ocean water (which is made up of salt) depends on the amount of salt dissolved into the ocean.

1 gallon of ocean water doesn't equal 0 pounds. Where did you come up with this?

in ocean water it does... you're hopeless.

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 03:36:24 PM »

How elementary does this conversation need to drop to for you RE'ers to participate? If you don't understand a topic, perhaps you shouldn't become to passionately involved. These questions are best on page 1, before your counter-argument.

Last try for you: Water is as buoyant (in water) as it is heavy. As long as it remains in water, it is weightless. Our oceans are all within water. Therefore, our oceans are all weightless. Why don't they float away?

Every time you mock this, remember you are mocking the round-earth model. Be careful what you toss insults at.
It's funny. dingleberry argues that that it something is held up by something (such as by other water) else it stops weighing anything. He's so silly.

?

something

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2007, 03:38:02 PM »

in ocean water it does... you're hopeless.
I think it'd be best that you go back to school and learn a thing or two.

Obviously you're a complete dipshit.

narcberry

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »
Yeah, boats don't float... what was I thinking.

Does this mean the rest of you noobs will stop posting about masts vs. ships?

?

something

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »

Woah woah woah.

When were we talking about boats?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »
Narcberry, until you stand in an ocean trench and speak into a microphone about your comments above, your meaning is lost in the white noise of your delusion.

narcberry

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 03:45:35 PM »

Woah woah woah.

Buoyancy. (shhh! it affects boats too).

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2007, 03:48:43 PM »
why don't they float away?

Gravity.

Of course I am answering this assuming you weren't an idiot.

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »

Woah woah woah.

Buoyancy. (shhh! it affects boats too).
So buoyancy affects boats. What's your point? That boats don't weigh anything when they're on the water?

narcberry

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »
why don't they float away?

Gravity.

Of course I am answering this assuming you weren't an idiot.

And if their buoyancy force is equal to the gravity force? Did you skip that part in the reading?

TSEE

• The Stan Ellis Experiment
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2007, 03:59:18 PM »
Interesting idea, Narc but needs to be extended, basically if the Earth stopped accelerating then everything, water included would be weightless.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2007, 04:22:33 PM »
He ignores my point because it paints him into a corner.

?

Marinade

• FE is for laughing at... not with.
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2007, 04:23:58 PM »

I found the error. You are not representing the round earth model. In the round earth model the oceans sit on the ocean floor, or the crust of the earth. Therefore the oceans can not be in water, there are simply made of water. Please stop attempting to represent a model you clearly know nothing about.
Haha Tom is so funny. He can't be serious, no one is that stubborn or dumb.

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2007, 04:49:51 PM »
And if their buoyancy force is equal to the gravity force? Did you skip that part in the reading?

I haven't really been listening to you. Besides, it's just satire. You can't possibly be serious.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2007, 04:51:06 PM »
Win.