Woudln't this totally debunk everything?

• 75 Replies

Trekky0623

• Official Member
Re: Woudln't this totally debunk everything?
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2007, 10:30:05 PM »
He's right.  It's a picture of the summer solstice that I used as a almost representation of FE.  Better ones have been made that are RE accurate as well as how FE should have it:  (Tom explain how if the sun projected circles like these, there would be way more light)

Again, notice how I've tried to make them be circles while still cover all continents.  If we get a response such as the circles should be smaller, we will respond that if so then he should call up some people.  This is the actual light coverage.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:32:35 PM by Trekky0623 »

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2007, 10:31:48 PM »
He's right.  It's a picture of the summer solstice that I used as a almost representation of FE.  Better ones have been made that are RE accurate as well as how FE should have it:  (Tom explain how if the sun projected circles like these, there would be way more light)

He just used the wrong word, annulus.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »
Oh my gawd he ran away.  The nerve!

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
What's the yellow circle represent?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Jimmy Crackhorn

• Not the Physics Wiz everyone else seems to be here
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »
It's his bedtime.  ;D

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2007, 10:43:42 PM »
Yellow circle represents FE sunlight if it is to cover all land areas RE does except Ice Wall.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2007, 10:54:36 PM »

You are assuming that the spotlight of the sun takes up half the area of the earth. This is wrong.

The light of the sun takes up closer to a fourth of the earth's area.

Summer:

Winter:

See Chapter 8 of Earth Not a Globe.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:02:13 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2007, 11:44:07 PM »

You are assuming that the spotlight of the sun takes up half the area of the earth. This is wrong.

TomB is so silly. He must be senile these days.

The Sun shines on exactly one-half of the Earth every minute of every day of every season of every year.

Let's just take the simple case of the equinoxes. On these two days every year, four observers can prove TomB wrong, yet again.

1. On the NP
2. On the Equator at the sunrise terminator.
3. On the Equator at the sunset terminator.
4. On the edge. (Well, TomB, since you've changed your theory to the "infinite plane" joke, let's just say really far south.)

All four will report seeing the Sun. All four are on a great circle of the RE that passes through the poles. All four are on semi-circle that must by symmetry (I never said what time it was, so this is true for all times on these days.) be one half of the surface even on the FE.

TomB fails, again.

Let's go a step farther. TomB's lame claim is that the Sun's spotlight on the equinoxes lights a circle. This is wrong. The terminator at 0 Zulu runs along the longitudes lines 90E and 90W, forming a straight line with the North Pole, running edge to edge. There are no straight lines in a circle. TomB fails twice!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 12:13:13 AM by Gulliver »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2007, 12:53:07 AM »
The Sun shines on exactly one-half of the Earth every minute of every day of every season of every year.

Let's just take the simple case of the equinoxes. On these two days every year, four observers can prove TomB wrong, yet again.

1. On the NP
4. On the edge. (Well, TomB, since you've changed your theory to the "infinite plane" joke, let's just say really far south.)

All four will report seeing the Sun. All four are on a great circle of the RE that passes through the poles. All four are on semi-circle that must by symmetry (I never said what time it was, so this is true for all times on these days.) be one half of the surface even on the FE.

TomB fails, again.

Let's go a step farther. TomB's lame claim is that the Sun's spotlight on the equinoxes lights a circle. This is wrong. The terminator at 0 Zulu runs along the longitudes lines 90E and 90W, forming a straight line with the North Pole, running edge to edge. There are no straight lines in a circle. TomB fails twice!!

That's nice Gulliver, but do you have any actual evidence showing that any of this happens? Nope. Didn't think so.

It's amusing how your "proofs" against FE consist of things which are unverifiable, and require tests and trials which have never been performed. Recruit your four people to the prerequisite areas and report your findings. Only then can it approach some idea of evidence.

By your logic here's a proof for FE: keep traveling southward past the Ice Wall. The tundra of ice and snow is perpetual. Hence, proof of a flat earth.

Here's another proof: Take a very long tape measurer and measure the 3,000 mile distance between the earth and sun. Hence, proof of a Flat Earth.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 12:56:12 AM by Tom Bishop »

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2007, 01:16:04 AM »

Summer:

Winter:

See Chapter 8 of Earth Not a Globe.
I love your-state-of-the-art** unquestionable references, Tom.

** In comparison to: ARGH THE SKY IS FALLING ON US, WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 01:46:28 AM by Dead Kangaroo »

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2007, 01:36:36 AM »

1. On the NP

TomB fails, again.

That's nice Gulliver, but do you have any actual evidence showing that any of this happens? Nope. Didn't think so.

It's amusing how your "proofs" against FE consist of things which are unverifiable, and require tests and trials which have never been performed. Recruit your four people to the prerequisite areas and report your findings. Only then can it approach some idea of evidence.

By your logic here's a proof for FE: keep traveling southward past the Ice Wall. The tundra of ice and snow is perpetual. Hence, proof of a flat earth.

Here's another proof: Take a very long tape measurer and measure the 3,000 mile distance between the earth and sun. Hence, proof of a Flat Earth.

Evidence? Me? Of course! All sorts.

Tell me what I need to prove to you, numbnuts...
1) Do you accept that Equinox means that most every location on Earth, with the exception of only the north (and south) pole(s) receive equal amounts of daylight and night on that day? (Just think what that means to the observers on the Equator and far south.)
2) Do you accept that on the Equinox that an observer on the NP sees the Sun on the horizon? (Just think what that means to the observer at the NP.)

That was so easy... You can't answer 'yes' to both questions without looking like a fool. You can't answer 'no' to either question without looking even more foolish. I love it!

It's trivial to provide the four observers from historical records. Heck, I bet you could even do it.

It'll be fun to prove your fantasy wrong. Please keep arguing. It's so amusing.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2007, 01:37:08 AM »

1. On the NP

TomB fails, again.

All opposed to your "It's A Conspiracy with NASA" blanket statement.

Narc, I mean Hara, I mean Tom, this is just sad.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2007, 05:58:22 AM »
LOL Tom.  6 billion observers see what I am showing you EVERYDAY.  You are cutting the sunlight by about 50%!  My gawd.  Do you have any evidence that the sun does not cover 1/2 the Earth on the Equinox?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2007, 06:01:15 AM »
Not to mention if you cut the sunlight that much as in your picture, you get SHORTER DAYS.

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2007, 08:16:49 AM »
Um..Tom... where is Australia in your map that you provided? I've been there, so I'm pretty sure it exist  ;)
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

*cough* Tom *cough*

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2007, 08:34:25 AM »
Not to mention if you cut the sunlight that much as in your picture, you get SHORTER DAYS.
He also missed out the north pole.