Church of Raist

• 48 Replies
?

TheRationalTheist

Re: Church of Raist
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 07:33:43 PM »
Everyone don't join this "church", it's a cult! If you are looking for a new religion try Christianity! Christianity is the only correct religion and we even have morals. All you have to do is donate a tenth of you income to the church and you're in. Morals, a chance of going to Heaven, and free food. All you must do is join us. If not you will burn in Hell for all eternity.

Christianity has killed millions of people. I on the other hand have killed noone. Who has a better reliqion?

Many people in this century have been killed by atheists or other non-christians. Your slate isn't that clean either.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:37:37 PM by TheRationalTheist »

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
Since i found out you can avoid laws with "religious reasons" I am starting the church of Raist.

This religion will be fluid and dynamic, it will change at the whim of the Grandmaster Champion Extraordinaire. The only things that are constant are that we believe in religious prostitution, the use of weed for umm...stuff, and slavery cuz i'm lazy.

Temporarily Tom Bishop will be my arch nemesis, aka Satan like figure.

All new members get their first bong hit free.

I am not joining your church. Mine condemns slavery and prostitution.

I don't know what church you are part of, but it is certainly not a Christian church. The Bible in very clear language states that in fact we CAN own slaves. See: Ephesians 6:5, Leviticus 25:44, Deuteronomy 15:16, Tim. 6:1. The Bible also describes to us how we should take care of them (Titus 2:9,  Exodus 21:20, Exodus 21:2-6). How dare you make lies about the Bible and claim to be a Christian.

Whoredom, on the other hand, is forbidden (Leveticus 19:29, Leveticus 21:7, Deuteronomy 23:17,Ezekiel 16:28, Jeremiah 3:3).

Also, you should be ashamed for copying my username on these forums.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:50:09 PM by The Dedicated Theist »
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 11:17:42 PM »
Since i found out you can avoid laws with "religious reasons" I am starting the church of Raist.

This religion will be fluid and dynamic, it will change at the whim of the Grandmaster Champion Extraordinaire. The only things that are constant are that we believe in religious prostitution, the use of weed for umm...stuff, and slavery cuz i'm lazy.

I don't know what church you are part of, but it is certainly not a Christian church. The Bible in very clear language states that in fact we CAN own slaves. See: Ephesians 6:5, Leviticus 25:44, Deuteronomy 15:16, Tim. 6:1. The Bible also describes to us how we should take care of them (Titus 2:9,  Exodus 21:20, Exodus 21:2-6). How dare you make lies about the Bible and claim to be a Christian.

Whoredom, on the other hand, is forbidden (Leveticus 19:29, Leveticus 21:7, Deuteronomy 23:17,Ezekiel 16:28, Jeremiah 3:3).

I see what you mean. The bible never actually says slavery is wrong but it definitely implies it is wrong. I am sorry if I appeared to be lying about scripture. I think we both agree it condemns prostitution though.

Copying your username? What are you talking about? I adopted my username, TheRationalTheist before I knew you or your username existed. And I would only be copying your username if I called myself TheDedicatedTheist. We're on the same side and both serve the same God, RELAX!

And by the way I go to Calvery Chapel which is very scripturally sound and slavery is never mentioned so why I said that is non-sequitar, sorry.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:34:20 PM by TheRationalTheist »

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 03:41:28 AM »
Appology accepted. Keep up the good work, brother!
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 04:20:49 AM »
So long as your church hates shrimp n figs.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 05:33:03 AM »
Everyone don't join this "church", it's a cult! If you are looking for a new religion try Christianity! Christianity is the only correct religion and we even have morals. All you have to do is donate a tenth of you income to the church and you're in. Morals, a chance of going to Heaven, and free food. All you must do is join us. If not you will burn in Hell for all eternity.

Christianity has killed millions of people. I on the other hand have killed noone. Who has a better reliqion?

Many people in this century have been killed by atheists or other non-christians. Your slate isn't that clean either.
So my church is guilty of being non christian? My entire church has killed noone. We are only here to be happy. Please don't try and accuse me of the crimes of others.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 05:36:55 AM »

I see what you mean. The bible never actually says slavery is wrong but it definitely implies it is wrong. I am sorry if I appeared to be lying about scripture. I think we both agree it condemns prostitution though.

Copying your username? What are you talking about? I adopted my username, TheRationalTheist before I knew you or your username existed. And I would only be copying your username if I called myself TheDedicatedTheist. We're on the same side and both serve the same God, RELAX!

And by the way I go to Calvery Chapel which is very scripturally sound and slavery is never mentioned so why I said that is non-sequitar, sorry.
So your church ignores parts of the bible and you still call it scriptually sound?

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 12:04:10 PM »
Appology accepted. Keep up the good work, brother!

I will, you also.

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 12:07:54 PM »

So your church ignores parts of the bible and you still call it scriptually sound?

No, the bible talks about people owning slaves, and it does not say they evil because they own slaves. But the philosphy of slavery (one man owning another) is contrary to the christian message of freedom. It is true we are to be bondservants (the word is Doulos I believe which means a slave who chose not to leave his master even after being freed) to Jesus Christ, but that does not mean enslaving a man who does not want to is right.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 02:12:18 PM »

No, the bible talks about people owning slaves, and it does not say they evil because they own slaves. But the philosphy of slavery (one man owning another) is contrary to the christian message of freedom. It is true we are to be bondservants (the word is Doulos I believe which means a slave who chose not to leave his master even after being freed) to Jesus Christ, but that does not mean enslaving a man who does not want to is right.
The bible says no such thing. The only thing it says about freedom to sacrifice it to god before your king.

Slavery is approved by the bible. It even has passages telling slaves to obey their masters.

Just because you are told what Christianity "is" doesn't mean that is what the bible says it is.

So again, your church is not biblically sound.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »
I love this church.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 07:35:02 PM »
Thanks. We are off to get some drugs and hookers. Wanna come?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 08:28:25 PM »
Abso-fucking-lootly.

?

TheRationalTheist

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »

The bible says no such thing. The only thing it says about freedom to sacrifice it to god before your king.

Slavery is approved by the bible. It even has passages telling slaves to obey their masters.

Just because you are told what Christianity "is" doesn't mean that is what the bible says it is.

Aaargghh! My church never even brings up the subject of slavery I shouldn't have said that, and no the bible does say something about freedom. And also telliing a slave to obey his master is the same as tellign a child to obey his parents. It has nothing to do with whether slavery is right or not. Now please do not be offended but do not even reply. Drop the subject and forget I ever said it.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2007, 06:06:43 AM »

And also telliing a slave to obey his master is the same as tellign a child to obey his parents.
So your church is anti child rearing?

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 11:50:52 AM »
you guys should join Predbyterianism.  You would not know what is going on but you get ham dinner every Sunday!
Quote from: Raist
One thing we have learned is don't fuck around in Africa. It leads to bad.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 12:42:58 PM »
I sentence all members of this Church to Lulz.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

The Communist

• Paranoid Intellectual & Pedantic Twat
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 09:25:34 PM »

Aaargghh! My church never even brings up the subject of slavery I shouldn't have said that, and no the bible does say something about freedom. And also telliing a slave to obey his master is the same as tellign a child to obey his parents. It has nothing to do with whether slavery is right or not. Now please do not be offended but do not even reply. Drop the subject and forget I ever said it.

You are correct.  The culture of people back then rely heavily on the support of an extended family or clan for security and support.  Values of freedom were often not desired or not of importance to the general population.
On FES, you attack a strawman. In Soviet Russia, the strawman attacks you
-JackASCII

Do you have any outlandish claims to back up your evidence?
-Raist

Quote from: GeneralGayer date=1190908626
Yeah I love gay porn.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2007, 06:08:14 AM »
Why is there such discussion in  my church.

Back to the hedonism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!