Where is the proof?

• 25 Replies
Where is the proof?
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:00:24 PM »
I am a Round Earth believer, and I just want to ask you Flat Earth guys one thing - do you actually have any evidence of your theory? And I don't mean something like 'Why shouldn't the Earth be flat?' That is not proof. That is simply the fact that there is no proof.

Round Earth proof:
Photographs from space
Laws of the universe
We can go all the way around the Earth in a space shuttle and not see it from the bottom side

Flat Earth proof:

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Re: Where is the proof?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 01:02:37 PM »
Please use the search tool. I have posted many conclusive proofs against RE and proofs in favor of FE.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 01:09:10 PM »
How do you disprove the space photos of Round Earth?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »
Please use the search tool to find out what I have up my ignorant asshole.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »

Usually mathematics (based on the round-earth model) show that many observed phenomena are impossible.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 01:31:27 PM »

Usually mathematics (based on the round-earth model) show that many observed phenomena are impossible.

Lol, BS please.  What ever happened to ENaG?

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 07:24:47 AM »
the conspiracy. "shadow objects". And the mathematical Knowlege of a 2 year old. They've really got us all stumped
"keyboard not detected. Press any key to continue"

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 07:38:55 AM »
the conspiracy. "shadow objects". And the mathematical Knowlege of a 2 year old. They've really got us all stumped

Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 08:17:17 AM »
pompe le moose
"keyboard not detected. Press any key to continue"

?

KingBunny

• King of the Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 10:11:57 AM »
I should note that no one who posted so far is an actual believer. There's like... 2 real believers who grace us with their presence every third full moon. (sorry.. I meant.. full.. magical floating disc)

Here's how it works:
There may be massive proof of a round earth.. but.. since photos and videos and witnesses could in theory all be fake, that means NONE of this proof counts.(even if there's not the slightest evidence of any at all being fake.. it's fake by default)

There may be NO proof of a flat earth.. but.. since photos and videos and witnesses could in theory all be fake, that means that we don't NEED proof because it wouldn't count anyways. (which is rediculous, since most sane people consider quality photos and videos to be proof, and I know I would believe a good flat-earth photo or over-the-edge of the Earth shot)

Furthermore, the reason no one has gathered proof of a flat Earth, is because of a massive conspiracy.
The reason we know there's a massive conspiracy, is because no one has gathered proof of a flat Earth. (see sig)

So all that's left is juvenile bickering on the internet, since proof doesn't count.
Oh, and some horrible unscientifc experiments APPARENTLY carried out 150 years ago, even though when these are re-created by random idiots they have very differing results.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:14:30 AM by KingBunny »
Proving FE + Invisible Pink Unicrons simultaneously:
*There's no proof of FE(unicorns) because of a conspiracy(they're invisible).
*There's no proof of a conspiracy(invisibility) because it's a conspiracy(they're invisible!)

Jimmy Crackhorn

• Not the Physics Wiz everyone else seems to be here
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 10:48:42 AM »
I am a Round Earth believer, and I just want to ask you Flat Earth guys one thing - do you actually have any evidence of your theory? And I don't mean something like 'Why shouldn't the Earth be flat?' That is not proof. That is simply the fact that there is no proof.

Round Earth proof:
Photographs from space
Laws of the universe
We can go all the way around the Earth in a space shuttle and not see it from the bottom side

Flat Earth proof:
Read the FAQ my good man.

?

KingBunny

• King of the Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »

Round Earth proof:
Photographs from space
Laws of the universe

Flat Earth proof:

But.. the FAQ looks like it was written by Tom.
*There's no proof of a conspiracy(invisibility) because it's a conspiracy(they're invisible!)

Jimmy Crackhorn

• Not the Physics Wiz everyone else seems to be here
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 02:05:06 PM »

Round Earth proof:
Photographs from space
Laws of the universe

Flat Earth proof:

But.. the FAQ looks like it was written by Tom.
It answers the guy's questions.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »
pompe le moose

pump the moose?

Whaaat?
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 02:44:45 PM »

Round Earth proof:
Photographs from space
Laws of the universe

Flat Earth proof:

The Bible debunks the Round Earth Theory many times. All the pictures of the "round Earth" are made by pixel artists hired by NASA to spread their lies to turn people from God.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »
Flat Earth proof:

"Earth Not a Globe" by Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham
"100 Proofs the Earth is not a Globe" by William Carpenter
"Zetetic Cosmogony" by Thomas Winship
"The Earth is Flat" by Dr. Leo Ferarri
"Unpopular truth against popular error in reference to the shape of the earth" by Charles Morse
"The flat earth and her moulder" by Ossipoff Woofson
"The shape of the earth" by Authur V. White
"The form of the earth" by Andrew D. White
"A view from the edge; on the necessity of the flat earth" by John P. Sisk
"The true shape of the earth" by Chester M. Shippey
"Terra Firma" by David W. Scott
"He knew earth is round, but his proof fell flat" by Robert J. Schadewald
"The rectangular earth" by Cyrus N. Ray
"The earth a plane" by John E. Quinlan
"Proofs (so-called) of the world's rotundity, examined in the light of facts and common sense" by the London Zetetic Society
"The earth-flattener's challenge" by Richard Proctor
"The Flat Earth" by Charles W. Jones
"The book of light" by Gilbert Johnson
"The persistently flat earth" by Stephen J. Gould
"Earth not a globe: scientifically, geometrically, philosophically demonstrated" by Henry J. Goudey
"Does the earth rotate?" by William Edgell
"A reparation: universal gravitation a universal fake" by Charles S. Deford
"The terrestrial plane" by Frederick H. Cook
"England's modern flatearthists" by Oswell Blakeston

What literature can you reference presenting experimental evidence showing the earth to be a sphere?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:53:13 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 03:08:13 PM »
Flat Earth proof:

"Earth Not a Globe" by Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham
"100 Proofs the Earth is not a Globe" by William Carpenter
"Zetetic Cosmogony" by Thomas Winship
"The Earth is Flat" by Dr. Leo Ferarri
"Unpopular truth against popular error in reference to the shape of the earth" by Charles Morse
"The flat earth and her moulder" by Ossipoff Woofson
"The shape of the earth" by Authur V. White
"The form of the earth" by Andrew D. White
"A view from the edge; on the necessity of the flat earth" by John P. Sisk
"The true shape of the earth" by Chester M. Shippey
"Terra Firma" by David W. Scott
"He knew earth is round, but his proof fell flat" by Robert J. Schadewald
"The rectangular earth" by Cyrus N. Ray
"The earth a plane" by John E. Quinlan
"Proofs (so-called) of the world's rotundity, examined in the light of facts and common sense" by the London Zetetic Society
"The earth-flattener's challenge" by Richard Proctor
"The Flat Earth" by Charles W. Jones
"The book of light" by Gilbert Johnson
"The persistently flat earth" by Stephen J. Gould
"Earth not a globe: scientifically, geometrically, philosophically demonstrated" by Henry J. Goudey
"Does the earth rotate?" by William Edgell
"A reparation: universal gravitation a universal fake" by Charles S. Deford
"The terrestrial plane" by Frederick H. Cook
"England's modern flatearthists" by Oswell Blakeston

What literature can you reference presenting experimental evidence showing the earth to be a sphere?
Which of those are in-print or online? Which have been written in the last 50 years?

There are hundreds of thousands of experimental evidence that we're presented here.

The summary is in the RE Primer. The RE Primer itself is one such work.

I'm surprised that you left out "South Seas Voyages"!

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 03:13:30 PM »
What the hell does it matter when it was made?  If it hasn't been contested, it hasn't been contested.  Either prove something wrong or find a book that proves something wrong; don't make the print date an issue.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 03:16:02 PM »
What the hell does it matter when it was made?  If it hasn't been contested, it hasn't been contested.  Either prove something wrong or find a book that proves something wrong; don't make the print date an issue.
Baloney! Current references are required for a reasonable debate. TomB has demonstrated the he lies about his references and misquotes them regularly. Do you remember "South Sea Voyages"? If we can't verify what he says that we have to assume that he's lying again.

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 03:19:56 PM »
Baloney! Current references are required for a reasonable debate. TomB has demonstrated the he lies about his references and misquotes them regularly. Do you remember "South Sea Voyages"? If we can't verify what he says that we have to assume that he's lying again.

Who the hell is currently debating the Earth's shape in modern literature?
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 03:21:03 PM »
Baloney! Current references are required for a reasonable debate.

Why?  ???
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 03:45:16 PM »

Who the hell is currently debating the Earth's shape in modern literature?
Why would anyone be debating the Earth's shape today?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 03:47:29 PM »
why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?

Don't ask stupid questions
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 04:04:14 PM »
Just like me

they long to be

close to you.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 04:06:55 PM »
how does the rest of the song go?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

KingBunny

• King of the Bunnies
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 05:02:50 PM »

What literature can you reference presenting experimental evidence showing that Canada is NOT a small tropical island off the coast of Japan?

I hate to break it to you, but no one is trying to prove that the Earth is round, because it was already proven a long, long time ago, many many times, and right now, no one cares.

I assume you realize that the chance of you persuading someone to read a book about how the Earth is flat is about the same as you persuading someone to read a book about how Canada is not a small tropical island. You'd only read it if you already believed it.