compass

• 9 Replies
compass
« on: September 07, 2007, 01:00:54 AM »
i remember reading somehwere that the copass always points towards the middle of the FE. where is this? is it the north pole? how do we know that the north pole isnt the ice wall and the south pole isnt. why is there and ice cap on a flat earth where surely it is exposed to the most heat and light
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 01:03:45 AM by ash bash »
i believe the world is an oblate spheroid. anything i say that contradicts this is purely for the sake of argument.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
Re: compass
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 01:06:09 AM »
Yes, it points to the North Pole.

As for the rest, I could guess at what you mean, but it's a mess.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:22:14 AM »
well basicly he's saying that if the north pole is in the middle how come its frozen and if the ice wall is on the edge how come then it hasnt melted as it must be open to the sun light
to prove a theory is correct first we must try prove it wrong

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 09:57:38 AM »
Fe'ers aren't to bright when it comes to magnetic field lines. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 10:01:50 AM »
Fe'ers aren't to bright when it comes to magnetic field lines. 
I believe you didn't need to restrict your observation to just magnetic field lines.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 03:20:01 PM »
well basicly he's saying that if the north pole is in the middle how come its frozen and if the ice wall is on the edge how come then it hasnt melted as it must be open to the sun light

Works the same way on the round Earth, just less heat. The travel of the Sun and its heat melts the interior up to a certain point (Arctic), and the exterior to a certain point (up to the Ice Wall).
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:23:00 AM »
well atcually the reason that the round earth heats up on the equator more is because the atmosphere is at an angle to the suns rays therefore there is more atmosphere for the suns rays to pass through, and then means that the tempratures are lower at those points e.g the arctic and antarctic. on the flat earth the tempratures would therefore be the same because of the shape of the atmosphere so no ice wall could exist on its own without lower tempratures.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 06:25:12 AM »
most FE,s think that the atmosphere is a dome,n so the north pole could still work. but if the atmosphere is balanced on top of the ice wall, then it will be incredibly thin along theb ice wall, therefore the suns heat will melt it. the seas will drain away and life as we know it will cease to exist.

or the world could be round
i believe the world is an oblate spheroid. anything i say that contradicts this is purely for the sake of argument.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 06:38:35 AM »
but why would the atmosphere be round! natrual things take a circular or hexagon shape (e.g water drops, giants causeway, turtle shells etc)
if the earth is flat then why wouldnt the atmosphere be as well
or maybe        just maybe
the earth is also round!!

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 06:39:15 AM »
 ;D