South Pole

• 24 Replies
South Pole
« on: August 26, 2007, 11:23:24 PM »
I have an uncle who went to Antarctica to help film a documentary on penguins and how their environment is changing. They went directly South and reached Antarctica. No government ships or guards or masked men with guns. They also passed by the Transantarctic mountain range, and some of his group traveled to the geographic South Pole and the US Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station. They departed from the South American side and reached the Australian side of Antarctica. He came back with the footage on schedule. Wasn't brainwashed nor was there a computer chip implanted in his teeth. He didn't see any other mountain ranges besides the Transantarctic, and when he passed thru it he did not find the edge of the world. Darn.

Please tell me your spin on this

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: South Pole
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:49:17 PM »
They will probably call you a lier or something. 
Of course the fe'ers will probably not post in this thread. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:33:47 AM »
Overkill, your uncle is dead. Sry. What you see now, is a clone of your uncle, made by the conspiracy, trained to lie about the flat earth. They also made the footage in mspaint, and made a video from it.

The penguins are part of the conspiracy!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:43:09 AM »
It's weird, isn't it?  All that snow and empty landscape must really play tricks on people's eyes!
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

MisterB

• Yak polo proponent!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 05:35:34 AM »
I have an uncle who went to Antarctica to help film a documentary on penguins and how their environment is changing. They went directly South and reached Antarctica. No government ships or guards or masked men with guns. They also passed by the Transantarctic mountain range, and some of his group traveled to the geographic South Pole and the US Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station. They departed from the South American side and reached the Australian side of Antarctica. He came back with the footage on schedule. Wasn't brainwashed nor was there a computer chip implanted in his teeth. He didn't see any other mountain ranges besides the Transantarctic, and when he passed thru it he did not find the edge of the world. Darn.

Ice and penguins is all lok the same, in Antarctican or Arizona OK. I see penguin in a book, LOOK no sign saying made in Antarctican.
We have much better Potassiums than Khazakstan

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 05:42:10 AM »

Ice and penguins is all lok the same, in Antarctican or Arizona OK. I see penguin in a book, LOOK no sign saying made in Antarctican.
[/quote]

So u say hes uncle and his entire theam are so fucking stupid they went to the north pole instead of the south?

?

MisterB

• Yak polo proponent!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 05:44:22 AM »

So u say hes uncle and his entire theam are so fucking stupid they went to the north pole instead of the south?
[/quote]

Is big in the oceans, easy to get lost! Maybe they are just have bad luck?
We have much better Potassiums than Khazakstan

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 01:58:08 PM »

Sorry about all the trolls. I don't dispute that your Uncle's team went to Antarctica - Antarctica's a big place. Unfortunately, they were most likely not at the actual South Pole, since the Ice Wall is located there.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »

Sorry about all the trolls. I don't dispute that your Uncle's team went to Antarctica - Antarctica's a big place. Unfortunately, they were most likely not at the actual South Pole, since the Ice Wall is located there.
Of course, your uncle could report a few simple observations from the coast of Antarctica that would prove very difficult for FE to explain.

For example, he probably saw the Sun, stars, or both to the south of his position. If he saw the Sun, he'd report that it was the same apparent size as any other time he has seen it.

If he saw the Southern Star high in the sky, that would be very difficult for FE to explain.

If he traveled to a number of places along various longitudes, his report that the southern constellations remain to the south despite the difference in longitudes.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 06:17:23 PM »
umm
penguins definitely come from Antarctica..
—anyway

they had GPS... and compasses. they knew where they were.
The geographic south pole definitely exists. and they do indeed have a station there.

they didn't travel to the magnetic south pole tho, because of the earths rotation: it takes some effort to find (according to my silly Round Earth Theory, that is)

but people have found the magnetic south pole. They say some compasses went crazy and spinning everywhere, some stayed flat (b/c the North tip was trying to go straight below them), and they used a dip needle to find it. so according to you dip needles lie, i guess.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 06:23:21 PM »
from what i've gathered on this site, your uncle must have been in some kind of simulator, that made him think he was at the south pole when he was really just somewhere in the Arizona desert.
I broke the damn flywheel.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »
from what i've gathered on this site, your uncle must have been in some kind of simulator, that made him think he was at the south pole when he was really just somewhere in the Arizona desert.

Probably an island off the coast of the ice wall.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »
so now you guys are starting to make up pieces of land?

if its at one part of the flat world, then how do people access it coming from different parts of the world without running into the ice wall?
and what about the independent explorers that have traveled all the way around the Antarctic continent? if it WAS an island wouldn't they see the ice wall from a certain spot?

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »
and I love how no one can give a better argument about this
(ignoring the trolls)

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 06:51:19 AM »
Of course, your uncle could report a few simple observations from the coast of Antarctica that would prove very difficult for FE to explain.

For example, he probably saw the Sun, stars, or both to the south of his position. If he saw the Sun, he'd report that it was the same apparent size as any other time he has seen it.

Haha, what? How could the Sun be to his south even on a Round Earth?

If he saw the Southern Star high in the sky, that would be very difficult for FE to explain.

If he traveled to a number of places along various longitudes, his report that the southern constellations remain to the south despite the difference in longitudes.

We don't know if he did.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 08:30:11 AM »

We don't know if he did.
[/quote]

Hence, the "if." But, now I'm curious. How did explorers travel all around Antarctica if the ice wall is there? They would've run into it at some point.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 08:53:06 AM »

1) Everyone's uncle has either been to the south pole, or been an astronaut in space. Old news chap.
2) Your personal secondhand testimony is just that, secondhand. Naturally, I could care less about your evidence.

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »

Haha, what? How could the Sun be to his south even on a Round Earth?
In reality (not just in RE), the Sun shines over the South Pole during austral summer. Those on the far side of the SP see the Sun to the south. The same effect happens in boreal summer. You can within the Arctic Circle see the Sun to the north.

I guess I should be laughing back at you, but instead I'm feeling rather sorry for you. You, as the last of the FEers, seem to have disconnected with reality. How sad.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 05:46:15 AM »
In reality (not just in RE), the Sun shines over the South Pole during austral summer. Those on the far side of the SP see the Sun to the south. The same effect happens in boreal summer. You can within the Arctic Circle see the Sun to the north.

I guess I should be laughing back at you, but instead I'm feeling rather sorry for you. You, as the last of the FEers, seem to have disconnected with reality. How sad.

I still don't quite understand how that could happen. On the far side of the south pole, it would be night time wouldn't it? And when the Earth allegedly spun back around to daytime the Sun would be back in the North?

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »

I still don't quite understand how that could happen. On the far side of the south pole, it would be night time wouldn't it? And when the Earth allegedly spun back around to daytime the Sun would be back in the North?
No. On the first day of austral summer, the globe is illuminated from the Arctic Circle in the north, as in all of the Arctic Circle is dark, to the far side of the Antarctic Circle, as in all of the Antarctic Circle is lit. The Sun does not set on that day for those in the Antarctic Circle. This phenomenon is sometimes called the "Midnight Sun". Reference Wikipedia.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 10:43:20 PM »

1) Everyone's uncle has either been to the south pole, or been an astronaut in space. Old news chap.
2) Your personal secondhand testimony is just that, secondhand. Naturally, I could care less about your evidence.

I agree with you on both counts.  How many people who come here claim to either have personally been to Antarctica, or have family members who have been to Antarctica?  This is not reliable evidence.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »
This thread is reliable evidence that most of you need jobs.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

roundearth4lyf

• The world is obviously flat, horizon = conspiracy
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 11:40:29 PM »
im in antartica right now on a laptop
The world is obviously flat, horizon = conspiracy

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »
im in antartica right now on a laptop
trace his ip imo
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 09:57:31 PM »
Hang on guys. Maybe, just maybe, the earth really is flat and he actually went round the bottom of the earth.

Just a suggestion.  ;)