FE acceleration

• 6 Replies
?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
FE acceleration
« on: August 13, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »
If you drop a untampered, flat paper, it should fall slowly and curve off in a random direction. As I look at it, for FE acceleration would cause the the paper to meat with the earth at the same time as any other object would if they fell from the same distance. For RE gravity would cause the paper to fall but the air below the paper would slow it down. In other words air would have no affect in the FE acceleration.

The only thing I am applying is acceleration and gravity/gravitation.

As Narc would say, "Another victory for FE RE!"
Tom Bishop: "The earth cuts the universe in half."

Narcberry (smarticus): "Oceans are free from gravity."

Z' Lord of Purple: "yes, superfast jet streams for the win!!!"

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: FE acceleration
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »
Uh, why is air resistance being ignored for the FE example?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 04:39:18 PM »
He's right, that doesn't work.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
tell me how your model explains why deep-dripping Russian geologists found an impenetrable layer of turtle shell when attempting to breach the crust of the earth.

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »
That's because the earth is going to catch up to the paper (FE) not the paper catching up to the earth (RE).

RE: The paper is falling toward the earth, the only obstical is the air, that is where the parachute effect comes in.

FE: The earth is rising toward the paper, there is no obstical from the earth to paper. That is from what I read, everything is moving along with the earth, including the air.

Note: I had to rush for I have dinner waiting
Tom Bishop: "The earth cuts the universe in half."

Narcberry (smarticus): "Oceans are free from gravity."

Z' Lord of Purple: "yes, superfast jet streams for the win!!!"

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 04:46:37 PM »
That's because the earth is going to catch up to the paper (FE) not the paper catching up to the earth (RE).

RE: The paper is falling toward the earth, the only obstical is the air, that is where the parachute effect comes in.

FE: The earth is rising toward the paper, there is no obstical from the earth to paper. That is from what I read, everything is moving along with the earth, including the air.

Note: I had to rush for I have dinner waiting

Still doesn't work. Refer to GR.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 04:47:43 PM »
But the Earth is pushing all the air up under the paper, which would maintain the accelerational force upwards on the paper somewhat.

Either way the paper has to get past all the air in the way, you can't pretand it doesn't exist.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
tell me how your model explains why deep-dripping Russian geologists found an impenetrable layer of turtle shell when attempting to breach the crust of the earth.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 05:03:27 PM »

That's why your experiment fails.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson