Earths curve

• 147 Replies

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Re: Earths curve
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »
Narc, that's really getting old.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were an RE'er...

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 06:26:32 AM »
Sure. But you do recall that you already declined one such offer?

When you offered me money AFTER I travelled to Antarctica and brought back proof of the Ice Wall. Don't try and twist the truth.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »
Sure. But you do recall that you already declined one such offer?

When you offered me money AFTER I travelled to Antarctica and brought back proof of the Ice Wall. Don't try and twist the truth.
Nah, but thanks for the laugh. The offer involved travel to Africa as I recall. Oh, and you'll only get money from me AFTER completing the challenge.

Now who's putting their fingers in his ears? Goodness. You can do the experiment yourself with only a few weeks work and travel to  the Equator.

The trouble is, people in the real world can't just bip off to the Equator on a whim. I can't afford to spend several weeks not being paid. If you fancy sending me some money so that me and some other Flat Earthers can go off on a fun little adventure to Africa or whatever, be my guest.

You can read published reports in peer-reviews journals for just a few hundred dollars. You must really be desperate to resort to such denial.

You can read that the Earth is Round in peer-reviewed journals. Peer-reviewed doesn't mean "infallible and correct".

Tell you what: I'll pay you $250,000.00 when you return from the equator with scientifically verified results to support your innuendo that the peer-reviewed articles on the documented, verified observations of the RE-predicted variance by latitude of g are incorrect.

Until then, don't go around telling people that you haven't seen any evidence when it's readily available to you. If you question someone else's work, then get busy or shut up.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 07:04:30 AM »
Africa or Antarctica, the point is that you, an anonymous internet stranger, will only pay me money after doing something which costs a lot of money, which I don't have.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 09:10:15 AM »

Secondly, as the earth is covered with an atmosphere of many miles in depth, the density of which gradually increases downwards to the surface, all the rays of light except those which are vertical, as they enter the upper stratum of air are arrested in their course of diffusion, and by refraction bent downwards towards the earth; as this takes place in all directions round the sun--equally where density and other conditions are equal, and vice versā--the effect is a comparatively distinct disc of sun-light.

When sunlight shines from overhead (on left), one square foot of sunlight falls on one square foot of ground. When it shines at a shallow angle (on right), each square foot of sunlight spreads out over many feet of ground.

You say that the atmophere blocks out all light apart from verticle rays, then you say that the Temperature variations across the Flat Earth are caused by the angle of the sun's rays.

Which one of the above statements is true?

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2007, 03:06:43 PM »
Africa or Antarctica, the point is that you, an anonymous internet stranger, will only pay me money after doing something which costs a lot of money, which I don't have.
Wrong.

As I've offered you can have an ironclad contract with money in escrow waiting for your return. Since you know (not believe, and that's you word) that the result will prove you right, you have no risk. You have no excuse. Yes, you might actually have to take a second job or cut expenses for a while to afford the investment of the trip. We're being perfectly reasonable and responsible in supporting your claim. I wonder when you'll offer the same to opportunity to the REers.

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:16 AM »
Wrong.

As I've offered you can have an ironclad contract with money in escrow waiting for your return. Since you know (not believe, and that's you word) that the result will prove you right, you have no risk. You have no excuse. Yes, you might actually have to take a second job or cut expenses for a while to afford the investment of the trip. We're being perfectly reasonable and responsible in supporting your claim. I wonder when you'll offer the same to opportunity to the REers.

I will add £5000 to this figure if you prove FE theory.

Edit: Spelling
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:07:16 AM by Whispeh »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »

The trouble is, "prove" in this context means "convice you", which will never happen because a) you're probably dead set in your beliefs and b) you'd lose money if you were wrong.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 01:24:38 PM »
The trouble is, "prove" in this context means "convice you", which will never happen because a) you're probably dead set in your beliefs and b) you'd lose money if you were wrong.

True story.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 01:27:23 PM »

I've already offered to have an impartial judge with the right to disburse the escrowed funds, in the written and binding contract.

I await your next lame excuse.

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 11:47:56 PM »
Im not dead set in my ways lol, if I were, I would not be on this forum.  There are ways you can prove it.  Pictures / videos / impartial judge.
And as for losing money, well, I would gladly give 5k to see the pandemonium it would cause around the world.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 12:37:20 AM »
Wrong.

As I've offered you can have an ironclad contract with money in escrow waiting for your return. Since you know (not believe, and that's you word) that the result will prove you right, you have no risk. You have no excuse.

He has no money.  This is really lame, Gulliver.  ::)

Well played, btw, Dogplatter. *thumbs up*
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »
I've already offered to have an impartial judge with the right to disburse the escrowed funds, in the written and binding contract.

There are no impartial judges because everyone except us believes the world is round and has done since birth.

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »

There are no impartial judges because everyone except us believes the world is round and has done since birth.
Sure there are. The judge can review just the experiment's accuracy and validity, not its implications.

Oh, and "since birth" is quite a hyperbole, but then what should I expect from someone who believes that the Coulomb Force can hold up the Sun and the Moon?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 08:24:20 PM »

Sure there are. The judge can review just the experiment's accuracy and validity, not its implications.

Oh, and "since birth" is quite a hyperbole, but then what should I expect from someone who believes that the Coulomb Force can hold up the Sun and the Moon?
And by sun and moon you mean to metal disks.  One of which just happened to catch fire. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2007, 06:15:28 AM »
Have you seen the wall at the edge of the earth?

Plenty of people have seen the 150 foot high wall of ice at the edge of the known world.

Well, that link is a link to a page on ice shelves. Of course those exist. I think he wants to know about the actual ice wall itself. People have walked all over the ice shelves. How about the wall that no one can walk over? Because I'm sure you can find people who have walked on the ice shelves.

?

roundearth4lyf

• The world is obviously flat, horizon = conspiracy
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »
look in the background, this is real life evidence that the ice wall is real, it converted me to believe in a flat earth

http://www.maximummovies.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/Ice-Age-2.jpg

The world is obviously flat, horizon = conspiracy

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2007, 10:05:28 PM »
there are too many everyday things that couldn't be if the planet was flat. why is every other planet in the solar system rund if earth is flat? huh? all crap. there may be some arguments for the planet being flat, but there are too many more to back the earth being spherical.
i live in australia, which according to you bunch of retards, doesn't even exist! up yours. hi greeny. corryong is gay.

Jimmy Crackhorn

• Not the Physics Wiz everyone else seems to be here
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »
there are too many everyday things that couldn't be if the planet was flat. why is every other planet in the solar system rund if earth is flat? huh? all crap. there may be some arguments for the planet being flat, but there are too many more to back the earth being spherical.
Simple. Other planets are not the Earth. But you already know this because you claim to live in Australia. You're part of the conspiracy! GET AWAY YOU LIAR!

?

roundearth4lyf

• The world is obviously flat, horizon = conspiracy
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2007, 11:26:14 PM »
remember $100 is worth something to some people jimmy crackhorn
The world is obviously flat, horizon = conspiracy

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 10:02:07 PM »
The horizon can play tricks on you. You say it looks:
                ____
              /        \

but if you can make it look like:

\ ____ /

if you look at it that way.

It's all what your brain wants to see. That's how a lot of mirages and illusions occur.

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2007, 06:22:12 AM »
The horizon can play tricks on you. You say it looks:
                ____
              /        \

but if you can make it look like:

\ ____ /

if you look at it that way.

It's all what your brain wants to see. That's how a lot of mirages and illusions occur.

Agreed.  I've looked at some 'curvature on the ocean' pics, and I've seen it bulge up in the middle, down in the middle, and flat all in the same pic.

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2007, 09:53:10 AM »
For one, all of these facts are based on saying that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.Any one who truly believes this should go jump into a active volcano.If the earth is flat what keeps it a secret? whats the big deal if it is? thats the thing ITS NOT its round because A sphere is the energey effecient shap not a flat table with rocks, what is this a dungens and dragons table you fucking morons. grow up and stop being conspiracy theroists looking for a place to fit in. i am disgusted with your stupidity.

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2007, 10:04:59 AM »
i am disgusted with your stupidity.

Here here.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2007, 04:34:25 AM »

They're flat as well.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2007, 04:55:26 AM »
Are they?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2007, 08:57:48 PM »

They're flat as well.
Do explain the phases of the Moon, Venus, and Mercury.

Jimmy Crackhorn

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2007, 09:07:36 PM »

They're flat as well.
Wait, wait, wait Dogplatter. You can watch the rotation of any planet with a telescope. How does afterburn change this?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2007, 10:04:07 PM »
Wait, wait, wait Dogplatter. You can watch the rotation of any planet with a telescope. How does afterburn change this?

How does the Earth's rotation fit into this?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Jimmy Crackhorn

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2007, 10:05:48 PM »

How does the Earth's rotation fit into this?
Earth's? I'm talking about other planets.  ???