Where did all the clouds go?

• 139 Replies
Where did all the clouds go?
« on: August 06, 2007, 04:21:19 AM »
Can clouds travel over the ice wall, if not then what keeps them inside? Clouds are at altitudes much higher than the ice wall.
"avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you.."

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
Re: Where did all the clouds go?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 06:18:07 AM »
We're still awaiting an answer to this question in the "evidence against FE thread" as well.
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

Can you change reality by inventing new names for ordinary things?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 07:20:49 AM »
They get to edge, look over, get vertigo and huddle back over the sea again...clouds are pussies...

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 08:04:14 AM »
The slight gravitational pull from the sun and moon keep the clouds from reaching the ends of the earth.

;D

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 08:05:25 AM »
Preferred Chris Spaghetti's answer
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 08:27:17 AM »
Doesn't work, Mr. Ireland. FE model puts gravitation as incredibly minute. Because the air is a fluid, the acceleration of the planet upward would force it over the edges quite quickly.
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

Can you change reality by inventing new names for ordinary things?

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 08:32:28 AM »
Then good thing I'm not being serious, otherwise I'd look like an idiot.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 08:33:39 AM »
Then good thing I'm not being serious, otherwise I'd look like an idiot.

*cough* no-one say anything...

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 08:35:20 AM »
*cough* no-one say anything...

I lol'd.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »
Yes, clouds can go over the 150 foot Ice Wall. But only so far. After a distance into the perpetual tundra beyond the spotlight of the sun temperatures decrease to a point where barometric pressure is practically non-existent. And since winds need to travel from high pressure to low pressure to move the clouds, there will be no winds. Ergo, if there was an edge of the earth somewhere beyond the Ice Wall, the atmosphere would not be swept off it. Ergo the clouds will not float off the edge of the earth.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 08:57:50 AM »
My explanation was better and contained less BS

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 10:43:18 AM »
Yes, clouds can go over the 150 foot Ice Wall. But only so far. After a distance into the perpetual tundra beyond the spotlight of the sun temperatures decrease to a point where barometric pressure is practically non-existent. And since winds need to travel from high pressure to low pressure to move the clouds, there will be no winds. Ergo, if there was an edge of the earth somewhere beyond the Ice Wall, the atmosphere would not be swept off it. Ergo the clouds will not float off the edge of the earth.

And it's not because we have an atmosphere?  I call shenanigans
"avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you.."

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 11:07:20 AM »
practically non-existent pressure is low pressure. The clouds would continue to move outwards.

This is like saying a river won't flow to the Ocean because the Ocean is so low.

TomB is stupid.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 11:30:44 AM »
practically non-existent pressure is low pressure. The clouds would continue to move outwards.

There is a correlation between heat and pressure upon this Earth. Near the equator we have high temperature and high pressure environments. Near the North Pole we have low temperatures and low pressure environments. By your logic, since the North Pole has less pressure than the equator, pressure should move from the equator to the pole since pressure moves from areas of high to low and equalize.

This does not happen. Ergo, like the North Pole, the low temperatures of the surrounding environment beyond the Ice Wall keeps the pressure low. Winds in the high pressure of our local area are unable to move into the low pressures beyond the Ice Wall because temperatures are simply too low for pressures over a certain threshold to exist.

Please try to refrain from name calling. It is quite immature and does not encourage rational discourse.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 11:37:53 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

silverhammermba

• Anger makes me debate. Debating makes me angry.
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 12:21:56 PM »
Hey, remember when Tom Bishop spontaneously switched from supporting the "Flying Disk" model of the Earth to the "Infinite Plane" one? (aka the Franc T. Planar model) Maybe if we continue invalidating his arguments he'll switch to a toroidal Earth, a Möbius strip perhaps... heaven forbid a sphere.
Quote from: Kasroa
Tom usually says at this point that people have seen the ice-wall. It is the Ross Ice Shelf. That usually kills the conversation by the power of sheer bull-shit alone.

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »
that ice wall picture looks like its animated to me.
I broke the damn flywheel.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 12:31:54 PM »
that ice wall picture looks like its animated to me.

It's a real photograph. The Ice Wall is what you know as the Ice Shelves which surround the Antarctic coast. They are a natural formation, thick masses of floating ice 150 feet in height that are attached to land, formed from and fed by tongues of glaciers extending outward from deep within the uncharted tundra into sheltered waters. Where there are no strong currents, the ice becomes partly grounded on the sea bottom and attaches itself to rocks and islands. The wall is pushed forward into the sea by glacial pressure until its forward growth is terminated.

The entire coast of the Ice Wall is not one single complete wall, however. There are actually a series of thousand mile long walls, divided by Transantarctic Mountain Ranges up to 11,500 feet high. The weight of The Ice Walls are so enormous that they have literally pressed the land two thirds of a mile (one kilometer) into the earth. Under the massive forces of their own weight, the ice walls deform and drag themselves outward. Very large glaciers called ice streams flow through them continually, transporting ice from deep inland out to the sea.

The Ice Wall was discovered by Sir James Clark Ross, a polar explorer who was among the first to venture to Antarctica in an attempt to determine the position of the South Magnetic Pole. Upon confronting the massive vertical front of of ice he famously remarked

"It was ... an obstruction of such character as to leave no doubt in my mind as to our future proceedings, for we might as well sail through the cliffs of Dover as to penetrate such a mass.

It would be impossible to conceive a more solid-looking mass of ice; not the smallest appearance of any rent or fissure could we discover throughout its whole extent, and the intensely bright sky beyond it but too plainly indicated the great distance to which it reached southward."

Beyond the 150 foot Ice Wall is anyone's guess. How far the ice extends; how it terminates; and what exists beyond it, are questions to which no present human experience can reply. All we at present know is, that at the coast snow and hail, howling winds, and indescribable storms and hurricanes prevail; and that in every direction "human ingress is barred by unsealed escarpments of perpetual ice," extending farther than eye or telescope can penetrate, and becoming lost in gloom and darkness. Some hold that the tundra of ice and snow stretches forever eternally, ending at the edge of the universe, where time and physical reality ceases to exist.

Temperatures approach absolute zero the further one explores outwards into the tundra of ice beyond the spotlight of the sun. Exploration in this type of pitch black freezing environment is impossible for any man or machine. We live on a vast plane with an unknown diameter and an unknown depth. Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham held that knowing the true dimensions of the Earth is something which will be forever be unknowable by man.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:57:47 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 01:03:48 PM »

There is a correlation between heat and pressure upon this Earth. Near the equator we have high temperature and high pressure environments. Near the North Pole we have low temperatures and low pressure environments. By your logic, since the North Pole has less pressure than the equator, pressure should move from the equator to the pole since pressure moves from areas of high to low and equalize.

This does not happen. Ergo, like the North Pole, the low temperatures of the surrounding environment beyond the Ice Wall keeps the pressure low. Winds in the high pressure of our local area are unable to move into the low pressures beyond the Ice Wall because temperatures are simply too low for pressures over a certain threshold to exist.

Please try to refrain from name calling. It is quite immature and does not encourage rational discourse.
TomB, you are absolutely stupid. You argue that in a closed system pressure must equalize. Then you use a open system, with heating by Sun, that doesn't equalize as a contradiction. That's inane.

You argue that there are lows so low that nothing can more from higher into them. That's stupid.

Please refrain from such inane and stupid assertions if you wish to avoid name-calling. There's never going to be a rational discourse between us as long as you use such immature and childish arguments.

?

silverhammermba

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 01:19:01 PM »
Quite poetic, Tom. You seem very eager to quote explorers from the times before modern technology when the frigid temperatures of the Antarctic were impassable. However, with the advance of technology, people have journeyed well into the interior of the South Pole and I don't recall seeing any discoveries of 11,500 foot tall mountains (okay, not that big. But still BIG!). I also find it interesting that you seem adamant about the ice being rigorously guarded while also quoting extremely specific details about it and even providing a picture! (A picture which, I noticed, is devoid of any "Ice Wall Guard").

Another point: you said so yourself that people have reported being able to see hundreds of miles while near the poles due to the temperature and clarity of the air. So why hasn't anyone seen into the area around the Earth? It is, after all, so cold that even air cannot flow far into it (another claim you made). By all accounts it should be incredibly easy to verify the flatness of the Earth. Anyone on the South coast of Africa or South America needs merely to look South with a telescope!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:28:57 PM by silverhammermba »
Tom usually says at this point that people have seen the ice-wall. It is the Ross Ice Shelf. That usually kills the conversation by the power of sheer bull-shit alone.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 01:21:20 PM »
You argue that there are lows so low that nothing can more from higher into them. That's stupid.

If the high pressures of the equator should move into the low pressures beyond the Ice Wall, why then do the high pressures of the equator not move into the North Pole? Why does the North Pole stay low pressured?

We can all agree that the North pole is cold, and that pressures there are low. We can also agree that at the equator the temperatures are high, and that the pressures there are higher. So why don't the high pressures at the equator move into the low pressures of the North Pole? Why do we have such differences between pressure at these two environments?

By this example alone we can see that temperature has a correlation with pressure, that a high pressure system cannot naturally deflate into a low temperature environment. The temperatures of the environments must be compatible for the air currents to decompress.

I don't recall seeing any discoveries of 11,500 foot tall mountains (four times taller than Everest! Wow!).

Everest is 29,000 feet in height.

I also find it interesting that you seem adamant about the ice being rigorously guarded while also quoting extremely specific details about it and even providing a picture! (A picture which, I noticed, is devoid of any "Ice Wall Guard").

There are no guards at the Ice Wall. I have never heard of a report of an army stationed at the Ice Wall. Only Diego Drew believes that.

Another point: you said so yourself that people have reported being able to see hundreds of miles while near the poles due to the temperature and clarity of the air. So why hasn't anyone seen into the area around the Earth?

At the poles visibility is limited to just over a hundred miles. It is not a vacuum, however. Sight is still limited by the atoms and molecules in the air which build up to block sight over distance. At the coast of the Ice Wall, for as far as the eye can see, the tundra of ice stretches into the horizon.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:32:11 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

silverhammermba

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »
Everest is 29,000 feet in height.
Haha, sorry I misread my source. That's still irrelevant though, 11,500 feet is really, really tall. Why is that not visible?

There are no guards at the Ice Wall. I have never heard of a report of an army stationed at the Ice Wall. Only Diego Drew believes that.
And Erasmus, TheEngineer, bondurant, Nomad, mjk, and many more, I'm sure. Without a guarded ice wall, it becomes even more implausible that the true nature of the area around the Earth has not been made public yet. If the wall were guarded then it at least kind of makes sense that we know so much about Antarctica because then you could simply say that all of the expeditions were faked. But with no one stopping scientists from going there, how could or why would such expeditions be faked? "Well here we are at the edge of Antarctica! OH MAN IT'S COLD, FORGET IT LET'S GO BACK AND MAKE STUFF UP AND DOCTOR SOME IMAGES."

At the poles visibility is limited to just over a hundred miles. For as far as the eye can see, the tundra of ice stretches into the horizon.
The tundra stretches to the horizon... oh, except for those 11,500 foot mountains. Right.

CookieMonster

• AWWWWM, num, num, num, num...
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham held that knowing the true dimensions of the Earth is something which will be forever be unknowable by man.

Be more optimistic Tom! Maybe not today, but in the distant future...
Me lost me cookie at the disco (please come back!)
Me lost me cookie in the boogie music
Me lost me cookie at the disco (ooh-ooh)
Me want it back (I want it back!), me want it back again!

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 02:22:07 PM »

If the high pressures of the equator should move into the low pressures beyond the Ice Wall, why then do the high pressures of the equator not move into the North Pole? Why does the North Pole stay low pressured?

We can all agree that the North pole is cold, and that pressures there are low. We can also agree that at the equator the temperatures are high, and that the pressures there are higher. So why don't the high pressures at the equator move into the low pressures of the North Pole? Why do we have such differences between pressure at these two environments?

By this example alone we can see that temperature has a correlation with pressure, that a high pressure system cannot naturally deflate into a low temperature environment. The temperatures of the environments must be compatible for the air currents to decompress.

Asked and answered. The Sun heats the earth unequally and constantly renews the pressure imbalance. That's what makes the weather. Once you invoke your infinite disc, you fail. The atmosphere must move toward the freezing areas beyond the edge and freeze.

TomB, you are so foolish and stupid!

TomB, you are absolutely stupid. You argue that in a closed system pressure must equalize. Then you use a open system, with heating by Sun, that doesn't equalize as a contradiction. That's inane.

Please refrain from such inane and stupid assertions if you wish to avoid name-calling. There's never going to be a rational discourse between us as long as you use such immature and childish arguments.

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 03:04:56 PM »
CookieMonster, your great drawings make you great.  Please continue drawing them from time to time.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 03:54:44 PM »
You're all wrong.

The Ice Wall is 40000 feet tall, the Earth does not have "minute" gravity because gravity doesn't exist, and clouds are not higher than the Ice Wall.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 03:56:57 PM »
According to one model.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »
You're all wrong.

The Ice Wall is 40000 feet tall, the Earth does not have "minute" gravity because gravity doesn't exist, and clouds are not higher than the Ice Wall.

There are zero reports of Antarctic explorers reporting a 40,000 foot Ice Wall. There are thousands of reports of Antarctic explorers seeing a 150 foot Ice Wall. I gave a statement of an Antarctic explorer who encountered the 150 foot Ice Wall right here in this very thread.

The accelerating bucket model cannot work because there is no distinct zero point as one increases altitude; it is a mathematical asymptote.

See: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8300.0
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 04:04:58 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »
Lets be frank Tom, they saw an Ice Shelf and you know it. Got any real opinions for us?

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »
You're all wrong.

Let's prove dogplatter wrong, again. Clouds extend to 50,000 feet. Reference: Wikipedia

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
Beyond the 150 foot Ice Wall is anyone's guess. How far the ice extends; how it terminates; and what exists beyond it, are questions to which no present human experience can reply. All we at present know is, that at the coast snow and hail, howling winds, and indescribable storms and hurricanes prevail; and that in every direction "human ingress is barred by unsealed escarpments of perpetual ice," extending farther than eye or telescope can penetrate, and becoming lost in gloom and darkness. Some hold that the tundra of ice and snow stretches forever eternally, ending at the edge of the universe, where time and physical reality ceases to exist.

Treachery!!

I, Don Carnage, have seen this Ice Wall. I do be the only survivor of the exploration of this wall. We did bring many coats and portable heaters, however, my skin was mostly damaged from this treacherous voyage.

We did bring rope and a canon with an anchor to latch the top of the wall. We did have to stop our ship many feet. My captain did lose 10 men simply by falling as we climbed our way to the unforgiving ice wall ye speak of.

What did we find? Another bloody ocean on the other side! Ye buffoons did think ye ocean was surrounded by an impenetrable wall of ice, but ye did not think that perhaps our round earth met with the same wall of oblivion! How do I know? I'm Don Carnage, that's how! I bloody well pegged a spear into both ends of the wall, each one containing the end to which it stood on. I did voyage to the other end of the world, in which we traveled along the wall of oblivion. I did see me spear when I used me scope.

Did ye try to prove this, Tommy? I do not believe so! But Don Carnage is the only living human, according to ye theory, who has seen both ends of this oblivion of a wall!

Round Earth is the truth!
Yoho Yoho a pirate's life for me!
We pillage we plunder we rifle we loot, drink up me hearties yoho!
We kidnap and ravage and dont give a hoot, drink up me hearties yoho!
Yoho Yoho a pirate's life for me!