Total Members Voted: 4

Helium...

• 36 Replies

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
Re: Helium...
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 02:31:10 PM »
I believe he was mocking Gulliver. Because usually, any mention of the indistinguishableness of gravitation vs. acceleration locally is usually followed by Gulliver mentioning tidal forces, followed by something about a closet.

Why people change locally to suit their interests is strange though. In mathematics, you know that subject that people like to use as proof, locally has its own usage. People should instead state what they are doing accurately instead of utilizing their own definitions outside of math.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 03:35:05 PM »
I believe he was mocking Gulliver. Because usually, any mention of the indistinguishableness of gravitation vs. acceleration locally is usually followed by Gulliver mentioning tidal forces, followed by something about a closet.

Why people change locally to suit their interests is strange though. In mathematics, you know that subject that people like to use as proof, locally has its own usage. People should instead state what they are doing accurately instead of utilizing their own definitions outside of math.
I have no idea why you can't get it through your thick skull, that anyone with an ounce of intelligence can determine whether the sensation of gravity on Earth is caused by gravitation or acceleration within the confines of a closet-sized room. Since the results of every experiment shows that it's gravitation, FE is flawed and should be rejected.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 03:43:15 PM »
I have no idea why you can't get it through your thick skull, that anyone with an ounce of intelligence can determine whether the sensation of gravity on Earth is caused by gravitation or acceleration within the confines of a closet-sized room. Since the results of every experiment shows that it's gravitation, FE is flawed and should be rejected.

And I said it wasn't possible where?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »
lol'd that divito perfectly predicted how Gulliver was going to respond.  :D

EDIT: Okay, not perfectly.  No mention of tidal forces.  :-\
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 03:49:01 PM »

And I said it wasn't possible where?
And I said you said it wasn't possible where?

?

sharkzf6

• Everything is number
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 03:53:34 PM »

G, that's not the point. You have been pwned by Divito...again.
PS - I still love you man!
"Perhaps there will be babblers who, although completely ignorant of mathematics, nevertheless take it upon themselves to pass judgement on mathematical questions..."
- Copernicus

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 03:54:17 PM »
And I said you said it wasn't possible where?

Me, not being able to get it through my thick skull (although I believe my skull is of normal proportions), would indicate that I've stated opposite of what you claim. To which I have not.
objectively good