• 85 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: The Phoenix
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2008, 11:54:54 PM »
Quote from: Username
Quote from: Wakka Wakka
The bible is not a historical book in the least.  It was written by man.
So who does write history books?  ::)
lol...and from one who is confessedly not particularly religious.
Hrm?
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »
The bible is not a historical book in the least.  It was written by man.

The Bible is historically accurate as it was written by men recording those who spake as they were moved to do so by the unerring Holy Spirit of God.

Not to mention the fact that your a disgusting racist who thinks the jews are out to get you.  What could the jews possible do that constitutes a conspiracy?

For starters, how about the american war on Iraq which was instigated by the fascist neo-conservatives.  The leading intellectual journal of the neo-conservative movement is the Rupert Murdoch's Weekly Standard.  Rupert Murdoch documentably has jewish parents, and he also owns the arrogantly racist anti-Palestinian Jerusalem Post. The Weekly Standard's Editor -in-Chief is William Kristol, a wealthy jewish journalist whose was the ideological centrepeice of the media network's pro-war campaign.  The jew William Kristol did not get this position by virtue.  His dad was Irving Kristol, a "former" Trotskyite Marxist and CIA funded journalist who founded the neoconservative movement back in the 1960's. 

Actually a lot of leading neoconservatives are jews who used to be leftists such as Norman Podhoetz , the racist jewish bastard who advocated dropping "nuclear" weapons on Iran.  The jews took over the republican party and displaced the old right in the process.  Thirty years ago most jews voted democrat. Ronald Reagan was the first republican most jews had voted for. After the israelis took Jerusalem in 1967, american jews began migrating to the republican party.  At any rate, whether it is through a left-wing movement as in the overthrow of Christian Russia in 1917 or through a conservative government as is the case with the modern american invasion of Iraq, jewish leaders (both political and religious) have successfully conspired in using american government (and others) to assist them in furthering their political goals.

My mention of the Kristols and Rupert Murdoch only hints at jewish control of the media ( and I didn't even mention jewish media moguls like Newhouse and the ).  I could also go into jewish domination of the Department of Defense, such as Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith and his mentor Paul Wolfowitz who masterminded the invasion of Iraq.  These and other jews in the US Defense Department who have greater loyalty to the terrorist state of israel constitute a network founded in the 1970's by jewish-american lobbyist Richard Perle - the mentor of Paul Wolfowitz and Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-CT).

Also, testiments by saints also do not count becaues these are the same people who claimed to heal the blind and mamed.

The Saints did heal the blind and mamed.  Those parts of the lives of the Orthodox Christian Saints are true as indeed the entirety of their lives are historically accurate.  Have a problem believing in miracles?  Keep the faith.

Bitterness thou art defined!! Shalom brother!

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2008, 05:54:12 AM »
I attacked the bible because it is full of contradictory statements and blatant lies.
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2008, 07:11:46 AM »
I attacked the bible because it is full of contradictory statements and blatant lies.
Do ever get tired of being wrong all the time?

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2008, 07:14:20 AM »
The Bible contains no lies but only because it is a work of fiction so it contains lies in the same way that Lord Of The Rings contains lies.

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2008, 07:18:41 AM »
The Bible contains no lies but only because it is a work of fiction so it contains lies in the same way that Lord Of The Rings contains lies.
Even though I have been trying to remedy this, book shops seem to think the bible doesn't belong in the fictional section, therefore it's just a book of lies.

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »
Quote from: Merriam-Webster
Main Entry:
fic·tion
Pronunciation:
\ˈfik-shən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English ficcioun, from Middle French fiction, from Latin fiction-, fictio act of fashioning, fiction, from fingere to shape, fashion, feign — more at dough
Date:
14th century
1 a: something invented by the imagination or feigned; specifically : an invented story b: fictitious literature (as novels or short stories) c: a work of fiction; especially : novel
2 a: an assumption of a possibility as a fact irrespective of the question of its truth <a legal fiction> b: a useful illusion or pretense
3: the action of feigning or of creating with the imagination
Hmm, nope try again.

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2008, 07:22:06 AM »
They should do a complete swap with Tolkien's books it's a far more interesting history of mankind!

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2008, 07:23:11 AM »
Main Entry:
fic·tion
Pronunciation:
\ˈfik-shən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English ficcioun, from Middle French fiction, from Latin fiction-, fictio act of fashioning, fiction, from fingere to shape, fashion, feign — more at dough
Date:
14th century
1 a: something invented by the imagination or feigned; specifically : an invented story b: fictitious literature (as novels or short stories) c: a work of fiction; especially : novel
2 a: an assumption of a possibility as a fact irrespective of the question of its truth <a legal fiction> b: a useful illusion or pretense
Hmm, nope try again.

What exactly was defining "fiction" supposed to achieve?

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2008, 07:24:43 AM »
Main Entry:
fic·tion
Pronunciation:
\ˈfik-shən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Date:
14th century
Hmm, nope try again.

Of the definitons for fiction, the Bible is none of them.

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2008, 07:49:56 AM »
Main Entry:
fic·tion
Pronunciation:
\ˈfik-shən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Date:
14th century
Hmm, nope try again.

I'd say it fits with creating with the imagination. Unless you mean the bible wasn't specifically mentioned in which case there suddenly is a lot less fiction in the world.

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:48 AM »
Main Entry:
fic·tion
Pronunciation:
\ˈfik-shən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Date:
14th century
Hmm, nope try again.

Why the hell would a dictionary need to list actual works of fiction in its definition of the word?

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2008, 08:16:08 AM »
Yes, this is quite ridiculous. I see the Bible in definitions 1a and particularly 2a.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:47:34 AM by [][][] »
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

?

Dont fear teh sphere

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »
The bible is more like a "best of"

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »
The existence of the phoenix is also affirmed by the well known ancient pagan writers such as Herodotus and Pliny among others.

Not to mention Chris Claremont and John Byrne

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »
Indeed, but such symbolism is deliberately designed to appear ridiculous in its externals in order that only the true lovers of God will persevere in penetrating to the inner meaning of much of what is in the Bible.
How are they supposed to do that when they are busy penetrating the alter boys instead?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »
The existence of the phoenix is also affirmed by the well known ancient pagan writers such as Herodotus and Pliny among others.

For the sake of the Jews, you should not bump a 17 November thread. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »

Klaatu Barada Nikto - Xenu said to bump the thread.  So Xenu says, so I do!  Xenu rules, not mine.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2008, 09:12:18 PM »

Klaatu Barada Nikto - Xenu said to bump the thread.  So Xenu says, so I do!  Xenu rules, not mine.

You can bump his threads, just know that every time you bump his thread he kills a few Jews. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2009, 04:18:52 AM »
Continually trumped on the phoenix, wakka wakka and company began attacking the Bible, and after the passage of time I can see that no one was able to respond to the explanation which I gave concerning the contradictions in the Bible.

At any rate, getting back to the subject of giant birds:

http://www.vtap.com/video/Ken+Gerhard+%253A+Cryptozoology+%2528Bigfoot%252C+Thunderbird%2529+1%252F12/CL0277940601_43bb87f6a_c3c6Y3J5cHRvem9vbG9neSB0aHVuZGVyYmlyZH5pbjoxfnE6c2V-bXc6Q3J5cHRvem9vbG9neSBCaWdmb290

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2009, 08:00:58 AM »
Wow, a 6 month necro.

Thanks, November. We were running out of things to mock.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2009, 08:13:32 AM »
Wow, a 6 month necro.

Thanks, November. We were running out of things to mock.
I wouldn't Mock Dio. He is intelligent and well read.

?

Mykael

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »
Didn't know about the .net site.

In any case, I'm not going to argue Biblical inerrancy with you. I learned long ago that debating with fundamentalists and conspiracy theorists is like bashing your head against a brick wall. You never win.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2009, 09:28:41 AM »
Didn't know about the .net site.

In any case, I'm not going to argue Biblical inerrancy with you. I learned long ago that debating with fundamentalists and conspiracy theoristspeople who know their subject well is like bashing your head against a brick wall. You never win.

?

Mykael

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2009, 03:04:15 PM »
In any case, I'm not going to argue with you.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2009, 04:21:31 PM »
Continually trumped on the phoenix, wakka wakka and company began attacking the Bible, and after the passage of time I can see that no one was able to respond to the explanation which I gave concerning the contradictions in the Bible.

At any rate, getting back to the subject of giant birds:

http://www.vtap.com/video/Ken+Gerhard+%253A+Cryptozoology+%2528Bigfoot%252C+Thunderbird%2529+1%252F12/CL0277940601_43bb87f6a_c3c6Y3J5cHRvem9vbG9neSB0aHVuZGVyYmlyZH5pbjoxfnE6c2V-bXc6Q3J5cHRvem9vbG9neSBCaWdmb290

Hey, bullhorn.  How's it going?