Artillery

• 167 Replies
Re: Artillery
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2007, 01:41:40 PM »
Containment with regard to the domino theory. So we actually won.

Would the containment have worked better if you used artillery?

It makes me think of the SAM sites financed by the Chinese that we werent allowed to destroy. I hate Vietnam.

Detente evolved DURING vietnam. It was Nixon.

Did Nixon support the use of artillery?

Basically anyone at top level government that placed these silly restrictions on our boys are to blame for the loss of vietnam.

Would this article be talking about artillery and curvature if there was no Vietnam war and there was no Korean war?

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2007, 01:43:03 PM »
Artillery is so 6 pages ago. Get with the now.

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure that half of the last page or two is about artillery, as well as the subject. Artillery rocks man! Now, where do we aim? ...

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »
Narc, you have very limited understanding of strategy and tactics. How can you fire artillery at a position if there is no one there? Guerilla warfare is designed to make long-range highpowered weapons ineffective as well as to demoralize the enemy while maintaining complete control of the conflict.
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

Can you change reality by inventing new names for ordinary things?

narcberry

« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2007, 01:50:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure that half of the last page or two is about artillery, as well as the subject. Artillery rocks man! Now, where do we aim? ...

the only real references to artillery are by those trying to re-rail a train.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2007, 03:10:55 PM »
Ah artillery was over in 2 pages, we dagged it out.

Vietnam war was intended to keep them within a certain part of the country, yes? Didn't they end up with all of it? So they actually broke containment...

Ferdinand, good statement.

narcberry

« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2007, 03:17:29 PM »
It was to contain communism. It didn't spread past vietnam.

We went in with communism in vietnam, and a fear of it spreading.
We cam out with communism in vietnam, and it didn't spread.

We won.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2007, 03:21:19 PM »
You've missed my point, you wanted to contain it in a certain part of Vietnam, but you couldn't. It spread to all of Vietnam.

If we use your logic, you lost in Vietnam.

narcberry

« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »
We lost south vietnam. A country whose current economical value is equal to the trade we give it. Hardly the big picture.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »
It doesn't matter about the big picture, you still lost in Vietnam if we use your logic. Big picture wise you lost anyway since Communism is still going strong in parts of the world, so again by your logic you lost in Vietnam. Communism survived your purge.

narcberry

« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2007, 03:27:01 PM »
It doesn't matter about the big picture, you still lost in Vietnam if we use your logic. Big picture wise you lost anyway since Communism is still going strong in parts of the world, so again by your logic you lost in Vietnam. Communism survived your purge.

Our goal was not to purge communism from the east. It was to keep it from spreading. Mission accomplished.

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2007, 03:27:28 PM »
we're talking about the VIETNAM war, you're talking about the COLD war. they're different, believe it or not.
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

Can you change reality by inventing new names for ordinary things?

?

JackASCII

• Bitches love me.
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2007, 02:20:37 PM »
The Commies had artillery too. We wouldn't have wanted that to spread. Damn pinko Howitzers.
Yes, quite.  No one would ever claim to be someone they're not in their profile name.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2007, 05:59:16 PM »
Well you've lost Narc, since you're ignoring the fact that it spread further than you wanted it to and therefore obviously don't have a counter. Using the system you laid down, you lost Vietnam. Communism spread out of the North.

« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »
The Commies had artillery too. We wouldn't have wanted that to spread. Damn pinko Howitzers.

You know, I think that artillery can be very useful in wartime -- if you can shoot it accurately.

« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2007, 11:13:05 PM »
and what the hell does communism have to do with artillery and the curvature of Earth?

?

JackASCII

• Bitches love me.
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2007, 09:34:28 AM »
THANK YOU! EXACTLY!

Finally someone gotz it.
Yes, quite.  No one would ever claim to be someone they're not in their profile name.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2007, 09:43:24 AM »
This thread took a dump.  Take your Vietnam arguments somewhere else.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson