Teaching FE theory in schools

• 47 Replies

CookieMonster

• AWWWWM, num, num, num, num...
Teaching FE theory in schools
« on: July 18, 2007, 02:44:25 AM »
What you FEers think about it? Should they teach FET on geography class as an alternative to Round Earth, so kids would have choice between FE and RE? Do you think teaching only their theory and ignoring yours is forcing common theory upon young mind, like creationist do? (me always tease creationists mentioning about your society, they always get mad about comparision - me hope you don't mind)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 02:47:49 AM by CookieMonster »
Me lost me cookie at the disco (please come back!)
Me lost me cookie in the boogie music
Me lost me cookie at the disco (ooh-ooh)
Me want it back (I want it back!), me want it back again!

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Teaching FE theory in schools
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 03:22:32 AM »
Absolutely not, if you're going to teach the flip side of everything so they can 'decide' what thoery to follow then you have to teach every absurd pseudo-science' to keep it fair.

This is what bothers me about creationism being taught. It is not a credible thoery on how the world was constructed based on  scientific evidence and so should nopt be taught in science. Simple awhile we're at it we should teach children the Hollow Earth Thoery, Divination, and alchemy.

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 06:53:41 AM »
I think an introduction to FET would be valuable to the education of children.  Teaching them for years that the Earth is round and then showing that you can (almost) support a theory of the Earth being flat using the same science would help make kids think outside of the box.  I don't think, however, that it should be taught and the kids pick which one they like more.
OMG!

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:02:19 AM »
I think they should be made to know that it exists, but taught the version that actually woks (ie RE). Every credible religious school teaches RE anyway, but teach creation as the metaphorical history of it.

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »
hee hee the hollow earth theory is a funny one. My favorite part in that one was where some people claimed the Nazis had escaped to the inside of the earth and were reforming there lolz.
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

Can you change reality by inventing new names for ordinary things?

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 07:24:07 AM »
Public Schools in the United States are a joke. Let us consider:

1: The earliest international tests begin at grade 3. At this point, our children rank in the top 3 nations.
2: At the time of graduation from high school, our children rank in the bottom 3.
3: Our children are taught it is okay, and good, to play with their genitals.
4: Our children are taught that the man-hole is just as correct a placement for their penis as a woman-hole.
5: Our children are taught that since filthy sex with anonymous partners is hard to avoid, a condom is greater than learning self control.
6: Our testing standards have holes large enough to let idiots through college without learning a thing.
7: Our teachers work 9 months of the year, get paid for the full 12, and make more money than the average college graduate yet complain about not getting paid enough while they "perform" a job with few or no objectives.

Really, it should not be what alternatives do we teach but rather just teach the truth. So, yes I am in favor of teaching the RE model. I am also in favor of ridding the half-theory of evolution from our schools. Why are they filling our childrens minds with nonsense instead of basic reading, mathematics and science?

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:57 AM »
 :o What school did YOU go to?

1. granted to you
2. granted to you
3. Er, not really...
4. What? Since when? Kids are taught that homosexuals don't have the ability to choose their orientation. Never is anything said about "right" and "wrong."
5. Actually, my school said the word "abstinence" about 500 times a day during sex ed. They did, however, say "if you ignore us, then use a condom," which is hardly the same thing as "go have sex, just wear a condom and use birth control pills."
6. agreed
7. don't know too much about it
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

narcberry

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 07:38:57 AM »
:o What school did YOU go to?

1. granted to you
2. granted to you
3. Er, not really...
4. What? Since when? Kids are taught that homosexuals don't have the ability to choose their orientation. Never is anything said about "right" and "wrong."
5. Actually, my school said the word "abstinence" about 500 times a day during sex ed. They did, however, say "if you ignore us, then use a condom," which is hardly the same thing as "go have sex, just wear a condom and use birth control pills."
6. agreed
7. don't know too much about it

I'm happy to hear anyone disagree with me on any of these points.
I left one out though, in the public school I attended they showed a film of a man and a woman having sex to demonstrate to us how it is done. I guess we were too dumb to understand, "man have round peg, woman have round hole."

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 07:44:28 AM »
lol charming. My school didn't do it that way. They gave us packets. In fact, I don't think they ever went over the "functional" or "how too" bit.

I agree the school systems need revamping, definately. They're seriously skewing the ability of kids to learn.

?

trig

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 08:11:26 AM »

1: The earliest international tests begin at grade 3. At this point, our children rank in the top 3 nations.
2: At the time of graduation from high school, our children rank in the bottom 3.
4: Our children are taught that the man-hole is just as correct a placement for their penis as a woman-hole.
5: Our children are taught that since filthy sex with anonymous partners is hard to avoid, a condom is greater than learning self control.
6: Our testing standards have holes large enough to let idiots through college without learning a thing.
7: Our teachers work 9 months of the year, get paid for the full 12, and make more money than the average college graduate yet complain about not getting paid enough while they "perform" a job with few or no objectives.

Really, it should not be what alternatives do we teach but rather just teach the truth. So, yes I am in favor of teaching the RE model. I am also in favor of ridding the half-theory of evolution from our schools. Why are they filling our childrens minds with nonsense instead of basic reading, mathematics and science?
Charming as this may be, this discussion is not for this forum. Moderators, please move it to Angry Ranting Against Schools, or Angry Ranting Against Homos, or something.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »
wait wait, does this mean that the pope believes in a RE or FE?
I broke the damn flywheel.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »
Teachers get paid jack shit.  Narc doesn't know what he is talking about. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 10:56:47 AM »
College professors make alot, but I too was under the impression educators in grade schools made very little, especially after the union took its dues.

narcberry

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 12:22:46 PM »
Average Salary for a teacher (for 9 months of labor):
$47,602
Average Salary for someone with a bachelor's degree (for 12 months of labor):
$46,326

These came from the  US census bureau.

So educators make about 137% of what a laborer makes with a bachelors degree for every hour on the job. Your confusion comes from their ability to whine. This, I attribute, to the high quantity of liberal educators.

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »
I don't believe you, you don't give any sources  :P

BTW, its a .gov site you got that number from. Its part of the conspiracy, clearly :P

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 12:33:59 PM »
lol
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

narcberry

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »
I don't believe you, you don't give any sources  :P

BTW, its a .gov site you got that number from. Its part of the conspiracy, clearly :P

I don't hear any teachers refuting these numbers (which have been public for decades), all we hear from them is, "We don't get paid enough!" or "We have to work 2 jobs!". I love how teachers claim they need 2 jobs, when really they just have 2 jobs, 1 for the summer and 1 for the other 9 months. But with all their complaining, they never leave their teaching position and do their other job year-round.

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »
Sorry, I was just mocking your standard response by saying what you did to me the other day regarding the slowing of the earths revolution.

narcberry

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 12:43:42 PM »
Sorry, I was just mocking your standard response by saying what you did to me the other day regarding the slowing of the earths revolution.

And one of these topics had to do with the shape of the earth... I'll let you decide which.

?

DanielPZC

• Supporter of the Flat Earth Fact.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »
Of course schools should teach students the Flat Earth Fact! They are filling the heads of those in schools right now with lies and Satanism.

1. "All people are created  equal."
2. Evolution.
3. Pi is 3.14+
4. Hitler was a bad person.
5. People who don't join the military are equal.
6. Female rights.
7. Talking like african Americans is okay.
8. Native Americans didn't deserve what we did to them.

After all this is out of public schools America will be the home of logic and reason. Of course taking out "science" and replacing it with Bible Study needs to happen.

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »
REALLY now... I forgot you still believe that you can dictate what is in the round earth model even though you aren't a defender.You accused me of "hastily editing" the model, which makes no sense by the sheer volume of sources i delivered.

In short, you're a hypocrite, drawing from sources you deem "uncredible" when they suit your needs.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:48:53 PM by Ferdinand Magellen »

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »
Bible states all people are equal. I believe its in the first bit...

*Tries to stop feeding the troll*

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 05:29:42 AM »

Hooray!

*cough bush cough*

About as wrong as playing with your elbow...

Annnnd BANG all respect for you is gone, narc...

Random sex will happen if taught or not, it is better to educate them about the dangers of it and to use a condom if the situation does arise.

Pretty much

Subjective
I thought you were cool, Narc... :(

1. "All people are created  equal."

For once I agree with you, it's obvious that not everyone has equal chances in life

2. Evolution.

3. Pi is 3.14+

it's the ratio of a circle's radius to it's circumference, try it with a piece of string

4. Hitler was a bad person.

indeed, he wasn't bad...he was EVIL!

5. People who don't join the military are equal.

lol

6. Female rights.

Useless without female lefts

If you're not african american you sound like a tit, so I'll go with that one

Yes, darn them for living in their own country! ::)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 09:12:35 AM »
Of course schools should teach students the Flat Earth Fact! They are filling the heads of those in schools right now with lies and Satanism.
6. Female rights.
That's it, I've had enough.  Enjoy your ban.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
He was asking for it, really. Hmm, i might find myself missing that fundamentalist, rascist, sexist, homophobic freak

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 09:19:40 AM »
Don't forget anti-semite; he was attacking another jewish guy in some other thread.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 09:22:36 AM »
Don't forget anti-semite; he was attacking another jewish guy in some other thread.
Notice how theengineer didn't quote the "Hitler was a bad person" part? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 09:25:05 AM »
There is no forum rule regarding that.  Being a racist is a bannable offense.  Oh, wait, that means your ban is coming up, too! 

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 09:30:22 AM »
Kudos to Emgy, I'll just remind everyone that (aside from it being illegal in some countries), Hitler is essentially he personification of the Nazi party in Germany, and his memory still haunts many people. Pease refrain from mentioning him unnecessarily.

(I am not one of those people)

Godwin's law

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »
There is no forum rule regarding that.  Being a racist is a bannable offense.  Oh, wait, that means your ban is coming up, too! 
Sweet calling someone stupid because they are is not as bad as saying millions of people should die.  Good to know. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER