Re: Who's in on the conspiracy? Info for the FAQ
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2007, 05:10:51 PM »
They're twins.

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2007, 05:21:08 PM »
Its actually a bit more of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde relationship...  ;)
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

Can you change reality by inventing new names for ordinary things?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2007, 05:01:55 PM »
This thread no longer delivers.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2007, 05:11:56 PM »
This thread no longer delivers.

So why the fuck would you bump it!?!?!@#?@!?#?@!?#?!@%)I#@!HOUBNWOEKUDIGBWPHOGB LISUDBfvn
o;SDANO{UVSBPDV

:-*
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2007, 05:24:42 PM »
The same reason any of you post.

There was this Tuesday that once was looking into things regarding a certain aspect of a monkey, but that aspect of aforementioned monkey was basically just a narc for a tree of berries that was flat out, widely known as the Bishop of Tom's Dumb, Round Ass.

But then, after the dove shit landed on the eye of the Tomato Paste label, there was a great shout from the Nomad, who then voluntarily committed Hara Taiki and stole the show, thereby making Nasa Agent non cogent, and thusly the fulfilling prophecy resulted in the an ambivalent Daniel jumping from the Ice Wall, landing squarely atop the shoulders of a damn it.

All bore witness to the Reborn Jesus, who had a firm understanding, of the grandstanding, placed upon his hordes by the unremitting terror that comes from the knowledge that everything is really Monday morning and that code posts such as this one hide a moral lesson that only those with an above average IQ can grasp and thereby posit forward, in order to save the lives of baby seals everywhere.

Not to mention, dish washing detergent!

I pretty much extrapolated all the meaning I can get out of it.

?

trig

« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2007, 05:35:29 AM »
The 150 foot Ice Wall was discovered by Sir James Clark Ross, a polar explorer who was among the first to venture to Antarctica in an attempt to determine the position of the South Magnetic Pole. Upon confronting the massive vertical front of of ice he famously remarked

"It was ... an obstruction of such character as to leave no doubt in my mind as to our future proceedings, for we might as well sail through the cliffs of Dover as to penetrate such a mass.

It would be impossible to conceive a more solid-looking mass of ice; not the smallest appearance of any rent or fissure could we discover throughout its whole extent, and the intensely bright sky beyond it but too plainly indicated the great distance to which it reached southward."

Again, Tom Bishop is misquoting the journals of James Clarke Ross. There is no ice wall that surrounds Antartica and James Clarke Ross clearly states that in his Journals, and also shows drawings not unlike the photos posted in this thread.

« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2007, 04:27:02 AM »
Why?
We don't know, but it must be money. They are probably too drunk and too busy having "barbies" to notice what shape their continent really is in any case.

hmm, this is interesting
Speaking on behalf of most of the Australians that I know,
I am rather angered at what you said about us.
That is an extremely juvenile comment to make about a nation
you have probably never been to
and people you have probably never met, except for
'Steve Irwin' (who I have never seen drunk or having a barbie)
or 'Crocodile Dundee' who is an extremely cliche character
that only accounts for people who live in the extreme Outback,
i.e. Alice Springs or other places out in Central Aust.
And even then, they don't spend their time drunk and at Barbeques
it's called work/school my friends.
Saying that Australians are always drunk and having Barbies
is just like saying the Black people are not as good as White people.
Americans may think that Australians are not as good as themselves
but that is only because Americans do not know or understand
anything about Australia or our culture and habits.
Therefore, I think that that was an extremely poor argument to make
as to why we 'don't know the shape of our own continent'
Why would Captain Cook and Van Deman and all the other explorers
have been in on the conspiracy when they mapped Australia?
They lived in different countries with different cultural beliefs and
completely different Languages.
And before you reply and say; "Have you read the FAQ"
yes I have
and before you reply and say; "You can't spell for crap"
like you do when other people ask you questions,
I must say, it's called trying, Australia has different English spelling to America.

-Sincerely...

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »
Whenever I hear an Austrailian talk about their nation, they usually talk about their rugby being tougher than our football, their beer to be stronger, or their wildlife and outback to be rougher. Yet here we observe an aussy in his native environment, whining on the internet.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2007, 10:36:02 AM »
Again, Tom Bishop is misquoting the journals of James Clarke Ross. There is no ice wall that surrounds Antartica and James Clarke Ross clearly states that in his Journals, and also shows drawings not unlike the photos posted in this thread.

Actually there are a series of 150 foot tall ice shelves which surrounds the coast of Antarctica. It is not one continuous wall, however. The Ice Walls are broken up and divided by trans-antarctic mountain ranges.

See: Ice Shelf

« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2007, 06:38:58 PM »
yeah, that picture looks photoshopped to me, and ah, how long do you have to be in space for it to be considered sustained spaceflight?
I broke the damn flywheel.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2007, 06:41:31 PM »
yeah, that picture looks photoshopped to me, and ah, how long do you have to be in space for it to be considered sustained spaceflight?

It would be a subjective value, so inquiring about an actual figure would be pointless.

Like I said, the point is that sustained spaceflight, similar to what satellites achieve, is not possible without constant refueling.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2007, 07:09:09 PM »
so really all of this is just a big word game? i mean if you can get into space for long enough to see one side of the world, and then do it again and see the other side of the world isnt that enough proof that the earth is round? suborbital flight,which ive gathered theengineer believes in, is high enough to see the curve and continents of the earth.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »
so really all of this is just a big word game? i mean if you can get into space for long enough to see one side of the world, and then do it again and see the other side of the world isnt that enough proof that the earth is round? suborbital flight,which ive gathered theengineer believes in, is high enough to see the curve and continents of the earth.

Calling it a word game makes it sound bad. It's just that people can't communicate properly, so it seems that way.

As for your first idea; sure, you could do it and see that the Earth is round.

As for your second idea, not really. What you see isn't always what is.
objectively good

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2007, 07:26:40 PM »

Are you saying that all pictures of the Ice Shelves which surround the coast of Antarctica have been photoshopped?

It's also high enough to see that the earth is flat and rounded like a coin.

« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2007, 07:29:42 PM »

Are you saying that all pictures of the Ice Shelves which surround the coast of Antarctica have been photoshopped?

It's also high enough to see that the earth is flat and rounded like a coin.
Gee, TomB earlier today the FE was infinite. Did you have a change of heart, or just forgot to update your cut-and-paste file?

« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2007, 07:41:48 PM »
ya gee TomB, earlier in this thread(page 8, 3/4 the way down), you said that even a flat earth would appear rounded, eliptical, and now it would look like a coin? anyways, yes i can think that every ice shelf picture is photoshopped, because any FE'er thinks that a round earth picture is photoshopped or whatever the theory is.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »
ya gee TomB, earlier in this thread(page 8, 3/4 the way down), you said that even a flat earth would appear rounded, eliptical, and now it would look like a coin? anyways, yes i can think that every ice shelf picture is photoshopped, because any FE'er thinks that a round earth picture is photoshopped or whatever the theory is.

No, he was pointing out your suggestion of a photoshopped photo because of the hypocrisy behind it.
objectively good

« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2007, 04:03:12 AM »
Whenever I hear an Austrailian talk about their nation, they usually talk about their rugby being tougher than our football, their beer to be stronger, or their wildlife and outback to be rougher. Yet here we observe an aussy in his native environment, whining on the internet.

Well, we do have the majority of the msot poisonous animals on the planet, on our continent.
Our Rugby probably is tougher seeing as our players don't wear any kind of major padding.
Our beer is s***house...we drink imported beer, ours is just bad
Hmm, native environment eh? I don't exactly see how the internet is a native environment.
Anyway, I don't know exactly what type of Aussies you must talk too (if indeed you actually talk too them)
they must be from beyond the black stump of something! It sounds to me like you're not really the full quid.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2007, 04:34:04 AM »
Why would anyone want to go to Australia? everything wants to kill you on the land so you jump into the sea where you're stung and eaten, you live about 3/4 of a mile from the surface of the sun and at the end of the day it's a prison...it's lovely what you've done with the place but it's still a prison!

« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2007, 04:53:08 AM »
I'm too scared to go to Australia. Not because of the poisonous animals or the rock hard rugby players, but because there's a risk that the plane might miss the right supersonic jet stream and end up going backwards or something.

« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2007, 09:31:41 AM »
o boy

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2007, 09:43:22 AM »

Why not? ;)

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2007, 04:12:20 PM »
Its about as plausible as a massive-multinational conspiracy that browbeats countless of independant researchers, subverts the common knowledge, and manages to keep generations of the human race in the dark.
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

Can you change reality by inventing new names for ordinary things?

« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2007, 11:51:54 PM »
I'm too scared to go to Australia. Not because of the poisonous animals or the rock hard rugby players, but because there's a risk that the plane might miss the right supersonic jet stream and end up going backwards or something.

jee that's enlightening...
I'm too afraid to go to America because anyone and everyone is allowed to own a gun
*check your constitution*
and there's a massive chance that I could get shot just taking a stroll in the streets
and then if I wanted to shoot someone, I could just run off to Mexico and get away with it.

Why would anyone want to go to Australia? everything wants to kill you on the land so you jump into the sea where you're stung and eaten, you live about 3/4 of a mile from the surface of the sun and at the end of the day it's a prison...it's lovely what you've done with the place but it's still a prison!

Thank dear Britannia for the prison part, I can take no credit for that unfortunately.
3/4 of a mile from the sun? that's and interesting fact, didn't know that
I should keept that in mind next time I go to the beach
where there are no jelly fish and no sharks, and a thing called
"Swimming between the flags"