More Gravity Anyone?

• 87 Replies
Re: More Gravity Anyone?
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2007, 01:29:30 PM »
I think his analogy is as serious as anything you've ever offered.

That has relevance how? Plus, you clearly haven't read all my posts then or you just pull a TomB and cover your eyes.

Not to mention, TheEngineer is correct. Again.

The only things I've seen sokural do on here has been insult people. I don't think I've ever seen him post evidence for anything. As least TomG, you try to back up claims, sokural just sits on his high horse running his mouth.
Wrong. That wasn't an insult, by your very own standards, but an analogy. And you just insulted me.

I take sokarul seriously. He contributes original, useful ideas with substantiation. His contributions are included in the RE Primer for their outstanding value. Your efforts pale compared to his.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »
Classically, an electron will emit energy every time it's vector changes.  For an electron orbiting a nucleus, that's a lot of vector changes.  Thus, classically, an electron should radiate all of it's energy and spiral into the nucleus within fractions of a second.  However, the energy emitted by electrons can only come in discrete packets, called photons.  Photons are quantized packets of energy.  An electron can only emit a photon as it makes the transition from one state to another, and even then with limits on the transitions. 

That's what is taught in freshman chemistry, not to mention, it's also taught in modern physics, so you 'should' have seen it twice. 

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
I take sokarul seriously. He contributes original, useful ideas with substantiation. His contributions are included in the RE Primer for their outstanding value. Your efforts pale compared to his.
I'm not surprised, as you jumped on the rentacow 'TheEngineer is not a pilot' bandwagon pretty quick.  Trolls always group together.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2007, 01:47:15 PM »
Classically, an electron will emit energy every time it's vector changes.  For an electron orbiting a nucleus, that's a lot of vector changes.  Thus, classically, an electron should radiate all of it's energy and spiral into the nucleus within fractions of a second.  However, the energy emitted by electrons can only come in discrete packets, called photons.  Photons are quantized packets of energy.  An electron can only emit a photon as it makes the transition from one state to another, and even then with limits on the transitions. 

That's what is taught in freshman chemistry, not to mention, it's also taught in modern physics, so you 'should' have seen it twice. 
You do understand that what you said is misleading, right?

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2007, 01:52:19 PM »
I'm not surprised, as you jumped on the rentacow 'TheEngineer is not a pilot' bandwagon pretty quick.  Trolls always group together.
I never did jump on that bandwagon. You seem to need to insult people rather than deal with the issues all too often.

Maybe you should spend more of your time updating the FE FAQs. sokarul has contributed more to the debate, just through the growth of the RE Primer, than you have lately.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
Maybe you should spend more of your time updating the FE FAQs. sokarul has contributed more to the debate, just through the growth of the RE Primer, than you have lately.
No, unlike people that work on the RE primer every day, I have a life.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2007, 03:42:04 PM »

Oh noez! Imma gonna mizleadz da noobz!

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »
No, unlike people that work on the RE primer every day, I have a life.
I have a very full life, thank you kindly. I just seem to able to muster more effort than you. Oh, and I did take the holiday off from the RE Primer.

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2007, 03:44:31 PM »

Oh noez! Imma gonna mizleadz da noobz!
This from the expert on "gravity is not a force".  ::)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2007, 03:46:51 PM »
I have a very full life, thank you kindly. I just seem to able to muster more effort than you. Oh, and I did take the holiday off from the RE Primer.
Making a website dedicated to the Round Earth, searching Ebay for a telescope then setting up said telescope, making a really long and boring excel file, writing and revising the RE primer daily and claiming everyone is a hypocrite hardly qualifies as a full life...

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2007, 03:47:24 PM »
This from the expert on "gravity is not a force".  ::)
And?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »
Making a website dedicated to the Round Earth, searching Ebay for a telescope then setting up said telescope, making a really long and boring excel file, writing and revising the RE primer daily and claiming everyone is a hypocrite hardly qualifies as a full life...
You're just jealous that I'm capable and wealthy enough to do all that and spend wonderful amount of quality time with my wife, my sons, and my friends, all the while fighting terminal cancer. Oh, and in case you were wondering, this is just one of several educational or charitable efforts that I make on a daily basis. And, of course, it's nice to be assigned a undergrad just to support your research work, though I doubt that I'll publish anything but reviews at this point in my career.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »

That is one way to explain why electrons don't crash into the nucleus. I don't think thats the General  chemistry way (read as Not freshmen chemistry) as general chemistry uses the Bohr atom in the beginning and the equation (-13.6eV)Z2/n2.  As you can see you can calculate the energy of each orbital as well as the energy lost/gained in transitions.  Photons are released when energy is lost only.(You should of pointed that out.) 
The correct model of the atom isn't used until much later.  And then I don't think you do any calculations with it, just the shapes the electron clouds take in different energy states.   

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »
So what's your excuse for not learning it in Modern Physics?

-- Bob Hudson

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2007, 06:26:38 PM »
The correct model?

Surely at best it is a correct model.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2007, 06:27:14 PM »
You're just jealous that I'm capable and wealthy enough to do all that
Damn, you got me.  I'm just so darn jealous I didn't get to waste...sorry, spend my time starting the Round Earth Society website.

How do you know how wealthy I am?  Are you assuming that because I am Hispanic, I must be poor?

-- Bob Hudson

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2007, 06:30:04 PM »
I don't believe he implied anything of your fiscal status, but rather, reffered to his own. Lets return to the debate at hand, which is electrons and why they don't crash into nucleuses and not what our domestic profile is.
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

Can you change reality by inventing new names for ordinary things?

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »
How do you know how wealthy I am?  Are you assuming that because I am Hispanic, I must be poor?

I was assuming that. Then again, I am pretty racist!  ;D

I still don't understand what a Round Earth Society is for...is it like the Wet Water Society?

P.S. Please do not start a Wet Water Society.

P.P.S. In Englandtown there is no culturally ingrained racial stereotype for Hispanic people...

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2007, 06:33:53 PM »
Hey L, how does it feel to be dead? By the way, the series' ending sucked.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2007, 06:35:20 PM »
P.P.S. In Englandtown there is no culturally ingrained racial stereotype for Hispanic people...
Are there even Hispanics in Britland?

-- Bob Hudson

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2007, 06:37:43 PM »
Eh, L was the man regardless of his death. And the ending was good because Matsuda did something. It made the whole story have meaning lol.
Ignoring the truth does not make it go away, it just makes you ignorant and disempowered.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2007, 06:39:51 PM »
Eh, L was the man regardless of his death. And the ending was good because Matsuda did something. It made the whole story have meaning lol.

L was pretty pro, but I would have preferred to see Light prevail in the end. I'm actually re-watching the series right now.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2007, 06:41:33 PM »
Are there even Hispanics in Britland?

I guess, but we don't call them 'Hispanic'.

There's all kinds of people in Britland, London especially. If I get on a bus from the end of my road I'm probably gonna be the only white guy on it...

I love this town  8)

?

Ferdinand Magellen

• REALLY now....
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2007, 06:41:42 PM »
I just finished the other day because someone finnally posted the last episode on veoh.

I hated Light sooooooooo much. He was ok in the first few books, but by like book 5, he made me want to strangle him.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2007, 06:42:50 PM »
I just finished the other day because someone finnally posted the last episode on veoh.

I hated Light sooooooooo much. He was ok in the first few books, but by like book 5, he made me want to strangle him.

Ew, manga...my sister bought the books. I stuck to the show.
objectively good

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
So what's your excuse for not learning it in Modern Physics?
Where did I say I didn't know the answer? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2007, 11:01:24 PM »
Right here:
Where did I say I didnt know why electrons don't crash into a nulcleus?  Even though its not taught in freshmen chemistry.
When I told you the answer you responded with a "Ur wrong" type of reply, indicating you had no idea what the answer was.  I like how you edit that part out.
You said photons are quantized.  Then I said photons aren't electrons.  Then you asked where photons come from.  You never answered it. 

Did you mean electrons are quantized? 

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2007, 07:27:29 AM »
Right here:
Where did I say I didnt know why electrons don't crash into a nulcleus?  Even though its not taught in freshmen chemistry.
When I told you the answer you responded with a "Ur wrong" type of reply, indicating you had no idea what the answer was.  I like how you edit that part out.
You said photons are quantized.  Then I said photons aren't electrons.  Then you asked where photons come from.  You never answered it. 

Did you mean electrons are quantized? 
Borh model holds matter is quantized.  Then it was proven wrong.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER