Eliminating the weakest link.

• 23 Replies
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »
Mr. Raymond Priestly of Melbourne Australia was playing snooker in a garage with a friend when he met his doom. He had climbed onto a crossbeam in the ceiling to attempt a trick shot and was hanging upside down by his legs when he slipped. He crashed down on the concrete floor headfirst and later died from brain damage.

This is a beautiful example of nature eliminating the weakest link from the herd.
If this poor bastard existed a few thousand years ago he would have been eaten by a lion or cheetah.  These days our herds weakest land on their heads after trying a trick shot or end up stabbing/shooting/drowning themselves after attempting something equally dumb.

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 03:25:12 PM »
I disagree.  The real weakest links are too carefully supervised to do anything so stupid.
ooyakasha!

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 12:22:45 AM »
I've heard of worse.  check out the darwin award site.

RAcism
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 05:22:31 PM »
It is called racism, but in reality is called survival.
Those that are stronger live longer
Those with disabilitys, in  nature, would be weaker and die
The strongest would breed, makeing the race ever stronger

Thanks to science, those unfortuneate enough to have a disability, such as unability to walk, now can. This is, however, however racist you call me, interfearing with nature. it is nolonger survival of the fittest. all have equal chance to survive. sso the human race does not evolve.

no i am not a nazi. nor do i consider myself 'racist' i am simply stateing facts that not many have the guts to now that all this 'racism' is about. i do not dislike people with disabilitys. Espesh since my mother sisters side of the family (cousins) have a high rate of down syndrome. i am simply saying htat idiots have to die in stupid ways because they are over protected.
SOrry if i stray off-topic, but the point is that nature has to sort itself out by killing idiots off in 300mph agmes of chicken with high-speed trains. or somehting else equaly radical.

feel free to hate me.
Easy as 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

?

Leffit

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »
Ah, but maybe the idiots killing themselves now only do these silly things because they have no option to go and hunt wild animals bare-footed and weaponless. Instead they waste their hormones and strength on trying to impress other males in a battle with themselves and the world for approval at being the greatest.

And the hate is only mild.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 04:14:38 PM »
if we are part of nature how can anything we do or design be unnatural?

a turtle grows its own shell on its back, is this unnatural? a beaver bulds a dam, is this unnatural? insects build whole colonies, is this unnatural? great apes use tools to gain food, is this unnatural? then how is healing our ill in any way counter natural? it is herd mentality, look after everyone so everyone looks after you.

yes the weakest generally do die in the wild, but the herd usually doesn't cast them out (some times it happens, but not often).

and also survival of all is perhaps the greatest test of evolution you can think of. does evolution have a particular design to it, does it go means to an end? or is it just random and those with weak genes don't make it, is it truely survival of the fittest?

since we now save our "weakest" does that mean we won't evolve? or does it mean that random mutations will continue on and we will perhaps diverge as a species and create two separate human species.

and if you start killing people off who have severe disabilities (either by refusal to aide them or by neutering them) then where do you draw the line? do you do it to people with downs, even though they can broadly function in society, do you do it to people with cleft lips or gums? do you do it to alcoholics?

how can you decide? who are you to decide? what give you that arbitrary power over people?

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 05:12:21 PM »
Eugenics and World War II comes to mind...

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 09:30:56 PM »
ive watched weekest link on tv

id win evry time if i played 4 real

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 03:17:17 AM »
The weakest links in society are easily guarded now.
We no longer live in an "only the strong survive" world.
No longer are intelligence and strength the two main reasons for survival, they have been replaced by fake intelligence and strength...  money and power, respectively.

How the hell do you think George W. became president of the U.S? Just goes to show the sad society this world has turned into... or maybe it's always been that way.
Best SNL skit ever: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

I predict Michale Crichton's next book will be based on the Flat Earth Society.

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »
Money and power...unless you inherit these things you have to have intelligence and, to a certain extent, strength to get them.  We no longer live in a world where only the strong survive because you just don't have to be strong to survive at this point.  Can you imagine what the world would be like if you did?  I don't think it would be much better than it is now.

Oh, and I think the guy who fell on his head had too much time on his hands.  Boredom can do weird things to people.

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 05:52:49 PM »
i think the term "racism" has been misused in this topic... unless you have evidence that a particular race is more suseptable to producing "weakest links"...
I don't think it has anything to do with "race" at all.

Re: RAcism
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 10:48:53 PM »
Quote from: "Beeper"
It is called racism, but in reality is called survival.

acutally darwinism, is NOT racism. There is nothing about race there. We are talking about people who are just plain idiots. They exist in all races of people. Social-Darwinism however was used to justify or rationalize racism. It's one of the more evil concepts to come out of the 19th century. That certain classes/races/types of people are not fit to exist or do anything other then meanial tasks. (think nazism, communism, imperialism)

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »
Quote from: "Jesus Reborn"
The weakest links in society are easily guarded now.
We no longer live in an "only the strong survive" world.
No longer are intelligence and strength the two main reasons for survival, they have been replaced by fake intelligence and strength...  money and power, respectively.

How the hell do you think George W. became president of the U.S? Just goes to show the sad society this world has turned into... or maybe it's always been that way.

Actually we live in a society, not a "world", where certain things enable you to survive better. And george bush became president, because he campaigned his ass off and people voted for him. Nobody "put" him there because of money or status, but they both did help in his campaigning efforts. If money, and status were the only factors in becoming president, Kerry would of won last election because he has a hell of a lot more of both then GWB.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 02:14:39 AM »
Um.... even from here in Australia I remember that Dubbaya got it under more than dubious circumstances......
something about a florida recount......

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 03:42:31 AM »
Quote from: "Rick_James"
Um.... even from here in Australia I remember that Dubbaya got it under more than dubious circumstances......
something about a florida recount......

turns out it was just a bunch of cooked up accusations and the like.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 03:54:39 AM »
Was that a proven fact or a widely accepted theory?

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 04:47:37 AM »
Quote from: "Rick_James"
Was that a proven fact or a widely accepted theory?

Depends who you ask. But when convinced of things that have no evidence to back them, people never change their minds.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 05:07:32 AM »
But when convinced of things that have no evidence to back them, people never change their minds.

What a fitting setting for this comment  :D

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 07:16:32 PM »
technically gore received the popular vote (by about 100, 000) but Bush did win more electoral votes (in otherwords the states that Gore won, he won good, the states that Bush won, he won by the skin of his teeth - not entirely true since it was 100,000 votes out of about 100 million voters (only about 50% of the electroate voted i beleive)  he did lose fair and square (due to losing Florida by about 1,000 votes) with all the votes that were admissable and counted.

Of course in Florida, which whoever won, would be the president, there were several countes where about 2 thousand black people were wrongly wiped off the electorate because they had the same name as a felon from another state. and generally Gore won about 60% of black voters. There were also some other dirty trickes that Jeb did to win his brother his home state, but not really worth going into considering bush is nearly at the end of his second term.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 07:23:14 PM »
I thought I'd heard something to that effect.
This wouldn't have happened if you would just bring in compulsory voting like we've got ;)

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 07:33:59 PM »
well think about it. If you brought in compulssory voting you would have about half of your population already hating your guts.... you would need every single person who previoulsy voted to vote for you or your out of a job.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 07:36:34 PM »
But if it's your last term, then who gives a rat's a**?  Go crazy, have drunken orgies on the White House lawn if you want, they can't touch you...

Yeah, I'd make a bad president.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 07:42:18 PM »
If you brought in compulssory voting you would have about half of your population already hating your guts....

If half the population hated your guts for making them vote (but still couldn't see the benefit from doing so) then half the population are a bigger bunch of idiots than what we already suspect.

?

helios2006

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 06:33:30 AM »
as to the the topic we are all from past dominant ppl. so in this day and age we dont need to be as strong. how ever we shouldnt be dumb and we dont like bullies this is why we have voting we dont like ppl pushing us around if they do we gang up and get the bully. so being strong and dominating others isnt good they will rebell and you would be dead ...having smarts is the best way to evolve and by us helping ppl with so called weekness could be the way . a great example would be stephen hawkings he is stuck in a wheel chair and ive heard he is the smartest guy on the planet im not sure if that is a fact but he is bright .