Genuine Flat Earth Site?

• 29 Replies
?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« on: April 09, 2006, 03:57:55 AM »
I found a website here that claims to be genuine, if my fellow believers are interested. If anyone knows it to be a hoax, or, for that matter, knows it, for a fact, to be genuine, let us know.

http://www.geocities.com/terracoeli7/index.html

--Chal

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:05:52 AM »
Hm...not sure if it's genuine or not.

I think we do need a list of genuine/hoax sites, there's one started in the FAQ but I think it should be a seperate thread.

Re: Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:47:14 AM »
Quote from: "Chaltier"
I found a website here that claims to be genuine, if my fellow believers are interested. If anyone knows it to be a hoax, or, for that matter, knows it, for a fact, to be genuine, let us know.

--Chal

Here are some quotes from the above site that claims to be "genuine":

Our list of beliefs is one that has been voted and agreed upon by the majority of our members; they are as follows. 1. The universe as well as the earth are utterly flat. Dragons live underneath them both. 2. All space exploration is a hoax. It took place in the desert of New Mexico.

Believing the earth is flat is one thing, but also the whole universe and dragons being under the earth/universe....Oh yah, sounds real genuine to me....

Pat Robertson was vacationing in New Mexico two years ago. He drove out into the desert to collect rocks (his favorite hobby), when he came upon this piece of equipment. He stopped to have his picture taken next to it. Government agents weren't far behind. They seized the photos and destroyed them. All but this one, which was smuggled to us in secret. The next time you hear about "space exploration" or "missions to Mars", remember: you know the truth.

Certainly, I am absolutely convinced that I know the "truth" now.  I mean if Pat Robertson (supposedly) found a piece of equipment and got his picture taken next to it by the government (also supposedly), then this proves everything....

THE PROFESSOR’S CORNER.

YES, WE HAVE A REAL PHD AS A MEMBER , WHO HAS GRACIOUSLY CONSENTED TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL SERIOUS QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OF A FLAT EARTH. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS TO OUR EMAIL ADDRESS, AFTER YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO READ THE FOLLOWING SPECIAL LETTER FROM THE PROFESSOR:

This Society has received a number of inquiries since its inception. It has been an honor for me to have been asked to occasionally respond to specific issues submitted by visitors to this website. Recently, among the other requests and/or questions, I have been in correspondence with an individual who stated that he wished further information regarding the structure and substance of the Society's beliefs. At the outset he appeared to be sincere in his desire to ascertain on what basis we built and maintained the contention that the earth was flat, and he asked to debate that subject. I was more than willing to deal with specific issues and sent him several items to which I requested his considered opinion in response. I fear now, speaking on behalf of the Society, that we have been duped. This individual has apparently taken it upon himself to determine that our stated position in regards to the flat earth is meaningless unless we (or I, as I am the one communicating with him) take an oath and swear on our honor as to the shape of the earth. This he claims is necessary in order for him to respond to the issues I have raised. I have scrupulously avoided descending into the malestrom of his increasingly mocking and insinuating commentary, and I have made every attempt to inform this individual that the Society welcomes honest inquiry but does not intend to denigrate itself by conforming to his prerequisites. He came to us allegedly seeking knowledge and has instead chosen to treat the entire matter as if he were playing with a wind-up toy. My reason for writing this little missive is as follows: To those members of the Society who may feel inadequate and/or out-of-place when it comes to defending our position regarding the shape of this planet, I say DO NOT BE TIMID. The value of knowledge given is directly related to the openness of the mind receiving. There is very little use in attempting to stop someone from running repeatedly against a brick wall with their head - it is, after all, THEIR head and THEIR choice. Confucius once said that a wise teacher is one who wastes neither his teaching nor his pupil...if a teacher sees someone who is willing to learn yet does not teach them, the pupil is wasted. If, on the other hand, a teacher sees someone who is unwilling to learn yet attempts to teach them nonetheless, the teaching is wasted. To those who visit this website, I also have a message: We respond to legitimate inquiries. We are willing and ready to debate whatever issues you feel are relevant to the shape and substance of this planet. If, on the other hand, you have come here feeling that we are merely crackpots and if you intend to deal with us in that manner, please do not be surprised when we do not respond to you as if we were encased in straitjackets. If you do not wish to take our beliefs and our Society seriously, please allow me this colloquialism: Wax your (key)board and surf elsewhere on the web. Sincerely, The Professor

Of course this so-called "Professor" with a PHD never discloses his name on the whole site....

Pleeeeeze....Even the site I mentioned on the FAQ thread, which everyone agrees to be a hoax, looks more sincere than the above site :?
Science and religion do NOT contradict one another, but are two truths." (from askmoses.com)

"Religion without science is blind, but science without religion is lame." - Albert Einstein

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 12:33:21 PM »
Quote from: "mbczion"
Pleeeeeze....Even the site I mentioned on the FAQ thread, which everyone agrees to be a hoax, looks more sincere than the above site :?

Well, by genuine, I mean "Do these people believe what they're saying?," as opposed to "Does everything sound entirely plausible?" It's hard to tell sometimes... (For example, the one at alaska.net seemed real enough until I read the part about how they were spreading FE ideas, and the "legal" portion of the site (though it was certainly amusing).)

--Chal

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 07:07:52 PM »
its a piss-take.

They are making fun of FE theory.

Its amusing that Flat Earthers are so ignorant and their theories are so retarded that they cant even tell when someone is taking the piss out of them.

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:42:31 PM »
It's also amusing that you're such a fool that all you can do is throw insults around, and never actually say anything meaningful.

I only asked because they claimed to be real, and I hate to make assumptions without a second opinion.

--Chal

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 12:24:14 AM »

I only asked because they claimed to be real, and I hate to make assumptions without a second opinion.

--Chal

What you really mean is you dont like thinking for yourself.  Thats OK mate, ill help you out anytime.  :D

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 02:06:34 AM »
It would appear all you're capable of doing is throwing around unfounded insults. Sorry, but I'm not interested in throwing insults back and forth with you, so would you kindly add something constructive to your posts in the future?

--Chal

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 05:01:49 AM »
Bongo, stop your flaming. There's an "angry rantings" section here for a reason.

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 02:09:09 PM »
Youre just upset because you got suckered by the site too.

Im not flaming, Im merely trying to point out that you call yourselves intelligent and then get taken in by a FE piss take site using a picture of an old couch and a DELIBERATELY poorly edited photo of Pat Robertson to support their argument.  I mean FFS look at their official picture!

I mean you have to be joking?  The site laughs at you and then you guys wanna know if their serious or not........how can anyone take YOU seriously after that.

The thread was asking if the site was genuine, which in itself shows a lack of common sense.  Perhaps if you guys had actually read what the site is saying and looked at the photos I wouldnt be laughing so hard right now.

Call it flaming if you will, but I know you peeps are just that little bit embarrased because you made yourselves look silly.

P.S. cheesejoff, thanks for the advice, but my posts are directly answering the question in the thread topic.  Just because you personally dont like what Im pointing out to you doesnt mean it belongs in angry ranting.

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
Ass-u-me
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 03:18:53 PM »
This site claimed to be real. That is the only reason I brought it up. ("Real" being defined as the writers of the site believing their own content.) I also had not taken the time to read the site in it's entirety. I had only scanned it for about 5 minutes at the time, and thus far it looked somewhat-promising.

Pointing something out calmly and without intent to deride is not a flame. Making assumptions fueled by your own desire to attack FEers (already proven by your incessant flaming elsewhere), presented in a very rude manner, however, is.

--Chal

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 04:34:40 PM »
Bongo, stop making an ass of yourself for one second and think about this; if Chaltier was actually "taken in" by the site he never would have bothered asking about it in the first place he would have just posted the link, the only reason I can see for him to have asked about it is because he was suspicious that it was fake. If you only read the first few sentences of the site it's very easy to be unsure as to whether or not it's real.

Do you realise that not a single person in this thread ever stated that they thought the site was genuine?

PS: by the way, your posts were not "directly answering the question in the thread topic", and when a moderator tells you to stop doing something you don't say "thanks for the advice but I don't think I was doing that so I'll just keep on doing what I was doing" or else you are going to find yourself banned.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 11:27:31 PM »
ROFL

Thanks for the advice champ but i dont think I was doing that so I'll just keep on doing what I was doing.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 02:23:57 AM »
Quote from: "Bongo"
P.S. cheesejoff, thanks for the advice, but my posts are directly answering the question in the thread topic.

Well here's the original topic:

If anyone knows it to be a hoax, or, for that matter, knows it, for a fact, to be genuine, let us know.

And here's your response:

Flat Earthers are so ignorant and their theories are so retarded

Not exactly answering it, is it? Feel free to claim that the site is "piss-take", but leave out the senseless insults.

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 03:53:49 AM »
Ok

I admit my original answer may have been slightly off.

You have convinced me that the words 'ignorant' and 'retarded' dont even come close to describing Flat Earthers.

I should have been much more descriptive.

Oh, and while we are quoting eachother lets not forget the following classic:
Quote from: "cheesejoff"
Hm...not sure if it's genuine or not.

hahaha thats wonderful.  What part of the site are you unsure of?  Is it the picture of a couch which they claim to be NASAs rock from Mars?  Or is it the bit about Carl Sagans DNA being shipped to Mars?

Would it be easier if it had "THIS SITE IS A PISS TAKE" in flashing letters on it?  Nah, you guys would probably still ask for a second opinion.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 05:05:17 AM »
hahaha thats wonderful.  What part of the site are you unsure of?  Is it the picture of a couch which they claim to be NASAs rock from Mars?  Or is it the bit about Carl Sagans DNA being shipped to Mars?

Would it be easier if it had "THIS SITE IS A PISS TAKE" in flashing letters on it?  Nah, you guys would probably still ask for a second opinion.

The part I'm unsure of is:

"You have probably noticed that there is some humor on the site, and you may wonder why. Well, it was put here because we really don't see the point of not sharing a few laughs, even at ourselves."

Therefore they could seriously believe what they say but have put in humorous content. In which case the site is "real" and not a "piss-take".

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 08:59:07 AM »
I think Charles Johnson's "Flat Earth Society" site (don't have exact link at the moment, but shouldn't be too hard to find) is for real (I mean not a spoof, that is), although since his death, no one has stepped in to carry the torch....
Science and religion do NOT contradict one another, but are two truths." (from askmoses.com)

"Religion without science is blind, but science without religion is lame." - Albert Einstein

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 09:43:38 AM »
What part of the site are you unsure of?  Is it the picture of a couch which they claim to be NASAs rock from Mars?  Or is it the bit about Carl Sagans DNA being shipped to Mars?

Wow that's such a good point.  Who could possibly take such a website seriously?  Similarly, who could take seriously a forum where writers claim that the UN flag is in fact a map of a flat Earth, and is evidence that in reality the UN knows the world to be flat?

People legitimately believe some pretty mind-bendingly idiotic things, and are often willing to doctor evidence to support their cause.

Case in point: do you think Gene Ray is taking a piss?  I honestly have no idea.  Clearly his website took some time to put together -- simply in terms of man-hours spent typing.

Anyway Bongo if your point is simply, "I knew it was a piss-take before all you guys, so I win the game," rest assured that nobody else is playing.  Nobody thinks your game is fun, and nobody wants to have you in their clique.  Yes, you win.  But nobody here is going to give you their lunch money or trade baseball cards with you, so perhaps you had better find another sandbox to be an infant in.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 09:46:57 AM »
Code: [Select]
                 /          \       the troll         |
                /      \     \                        |
               /   _    \     \ ----------------------
              /    |\____\     \     ||                
             /     | | | |\____/     ||                
            /       \|_|_|/   |    __||                
           /  /  \            |____| ||                
          /   |   | /|        |      --|              
          |   |   |//         |____  --|              
   * _    |  |_|_|_|          |     \-/                
*-- _--\ _ \     //           |                        
  /  _     \\ _ //   |        /                        
*  /   \_ /- | -     |       |                        
  *      ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________            

Just ignore Bongo and he'll go away.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 01:23:37 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"

Similarly, who could take seriously a forum where writers claim that the UN flag is in fact a map of a flat Earth, and is evidence that in reality the UN knows the world to be flat?

Absolutely right..  Im glad you agree with me.
This forum is not to be taken seriously either.

I also realise Im not going to get any lunch money or baseball cards out of you guys because you would have been swindled out of those long ago.  

Quote from: "Erasmus"

People legitimately believe some pretty mind-bendingly idiotic things

NO! REALLY!  I never would have guessed.  Like acupuncture?
I have some 'magic' crystals here would you like to buy some?

?

shpladoink

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 05:17:08 PM »
I have some 'magic' crystals here would you like to buy some?

What's your asking price?

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 05:38:24 PM »
Make an offer.

Just bear in mind these are quality.  They are not your run of the mill magic crystals you can pick up on just about any other quack science forum.

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 05:45:37 AM »
the

So called web site
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 04:50:18 PM »
I first started messing around with ms word like 4 years ago and i think if i was 12 i could make a better web site. Look they are usign little animated torches that used to be top line graphics when the first internet conection went public...
n Idiot is genius to another Idiot.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument - William G. McAdoo (1863 - 1941)

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 04:05:24 PM »
They're making fun of you guys!!! THEY"RE SANE!!!

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 07:30:20 PM »
I found a site that I think might be genuine, but it's probably a hoax unfortunately.  

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org
our saw I come and only three go hence;
Of what they said I could not grasp the sense.
"Distress" one seemed to say--'twas like a breath--
A gloomy word then followed--"Death."

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 03:41:29 AM »

--Chal

Ha, it says this guys bloods was shipped to mars. I forget, or maybe just never heard, what is mars to a Flat Earther? Does it exist or what.

This should prove/disprove if this is a genuine or a hoax site right?
 am the center of the universe

?

Calamity-Clare

Re: Ass-u-me
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 09:48:54 AM »
Forgive me if I'm wrong, for I may have got completely the wrong end of the stick, but I read summat earlier in the thread that set me a'wonderin':

This site claimed to be real ... ("Real" being defined as the writers of the site believing their own content.)

So, by this very definition, if I truly believed the sky was red, then it would be so?? You all know this to be false. However, because it is a genuine belief of mine, & because I've written it here, it is therefore true?

If that's the case, then there's an awful lot of bullshit flying around this world of ours.

Genuine Flat Earth Site?
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 01:20:52 AM »
Hey guys!  I have been lurking here for the last... hour or so, and just wanted to point something out about this "site" that has been linked.  Take a good look at the picture of Pat Robertson in New Mexico:

http://www.geocities.com/terracoeli7/plaintruth.bmp

Does anyone notice the complete cut and paste job here?  This image was clearly made in MS Paint.  Note the absurd amount of tearing around where the images have been badly pieced together.  I'm shocked nobody has pointed this out yet.  :lol:

This is either an awesome parody site, or a really, really inept attempt at a genuine one.

Priceless
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 12:14:34 AM »
Wow. That is priceless.