Poll

Is the Ice Wall guarded or not by the conspiracy?

Yes, it is guarded.
No, it is not.
I don't think either exist, and therefore cannot answer your question.

Ice Wall-is it guarded?

• 36 Replies

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Ice Wall-is it guarded?
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:33:51 AM »
I am getting confused about FE'ers arguing with each other over whether or not the Ice Wall is guarded.  The logistics of the guarding seem impossible, and yet without guards, I don't understand why no one has ever reported finding an Ice Wall.

?

Skeptical ATM

Re: Ice Wall-is it guarded?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 11:05:45 AM »
Voted for 3, but if it existed it would be 1. No questions asked.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »
I voted 3 for truth, but would have voted 1 for FE theory.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 02:00:54 PM »
The logistics of the guarding seem impossible, and yet without guards, I don't understand why no one has ever reported finding an Ice Wall.

Plenty of people have seen the 150 foot Ice Wall at the coast of Antarctica.

http://uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu/images/gallery/B15Aedge.jpg

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »

What about the 50 000ft ice wall?

?

trig

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:54:53 PM »
The logistics of the guarding seem impossible, and yet without guards, I don't understand why no one has ever reported finding an Ice Wall.

Plenty of people have seen an ice wall, but nobody has seen that it goes all around Antartica. Just like England, part of the coast is a very high wall and most of the coast has no wall at all. Of course, the cliffs in England are not made of ice.

Even in your own beloved reference on Antartica, the South Sea Voyages by James Clarke Ross, you can see drawings of parts of the coast where there is no wall at all.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 03:00:06 PM »
What about the 50 000ft ice wall?

No one has seen, or claimed to have seen, a 50,000 foot Ice Wall.

Plenty of people have seen an ice wall, but nobody has seen that it goes all around Antartica. Just like England, part of the coast is a very high wall and most of the coast has no wall at all. Of course, the cliffs in England are not made of ice.

You're correct. The entire coast of Antarctica does not contain one single complete vertical wall. There are actually a series of thousand mile long walls, divided by Transantarctic Mountain Ranges up to 11,500 feet high. The shelves occupy more than 3/4ths of the Antarctic coast.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 03:01:46 PM »
No one has seen, or claimed to have seen, a 50,000 foot Ice Wall.

So, does this mean you don't believe in it?  And if you don't, what holds you atmosphere on?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 03:03:45 PM »
So, does this mean you don't believe in it?  And if you don't, what holds you atmosphere on?

Beyond the Ice Wall (or the coast of Antarctica if you prefer) is anyone's guess. How far the ice extends; how it terminates; and what exists beyond it, are questions to which no present human experience can reply. All we at present know is, that snow and hail, howling winds, and indescribable storms and hurricanes prevail; and that in every direction "human ingress is barred by unsealed escarpments of perpetual ice," extending farther than eye or telescope can penetrate, and becoming lost in gloom and darkness. Some hold that the tundra of ice and snow stretches forever eternally.

Temperatures decline and approach absolute zero the further one explores outwards. Exploration in this type of pitch black freezing environment is impossible for any man or machine. We live on a vast plane with an unknown diameter and an unknown depth. Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham held that knowing the true dimensions of the Earth is something which will be forever be unknowable by man.

The Flat Earth does not necessary need to be physically infinite in order to contain the atmosphere - just very big. Often we might hear "infinite earth" from Flat Earth proponents as an analogy for what exists past the ice wall; a stretch of land incomprehensible by human standards.

In order for barometric pressure to rise and fall, an element of heat must be present. Heat creates pressure. These two elements are tightly correlated in modern physics.

In our local area the heat of the day comes from the sun, moving and swashing around wind currents from areas of low pressures to areas of high pressures with its heat. Past the Ice Wall, where the rays of the sun do not reach, the tundra of ice and snow lays in perpetual darkness. If one could move away from the Ice Wall into the uncharted tundra the surrounding temperatures would drop lower and lower until it nears absolute zero. Defining the exact length of the gradient would take some looking into, but at a significant distance from the edge of the Ice Wall temperatures will drop to a point where barometric pressure nears the zero mark. At this point, whether it be millions or hundreds of millions of miles from the edge of Ice Wall, the world can end without the atmosphere leaking into space.

The atmosphere exists as a lip on the surface of the earth, held in by vast gradients of declining pressure.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:05:40 PM by Tom Bishop »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »
There he goes copypasting Rowbotham again.  ::)

Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 03:06:17 PM »
A simple yes/no and a small explanation would have done.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 03:25:22 PM »
I believe an army made of leprachauns, gnomes, trolls, fairies, goblins and of course Kimbo Slice guard the ice wall and anyone who gets close is killed and eaten.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 03:55:05 PM »
The atmosphere exists as a lip on the surface of the earth, held in by vast gradients of declining pressure.
We've explained to you how stupid this is! Will you please work to understand it this time. Air moves from high pressure to low pressure, like water running downhill. Claiming that air is held in by vast gradients of declining pressure is like claiming that water is held on the top of the Sear Tower by the the vast gradients of declining height. It doesn't work. Stop trying this stupidity!

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 04:04:38 PM »
It has to be more than 150, to hold in the attmosphere. Fucking duh Tom. Think about it, the people who have gone over the edge would go into space. What the hell.

RENTAKOW

• REPENT. THE END IS EXTREMELY FUCKING NIGH!
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 11:31:27 PM »
Anti-flood device activated!

?

trig

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 12:11:26 PM »

You're correct. The entire coast of Antarctica does not contain one single complete vertical wall. There are actually a series of thousand mile long walls, divided by Transantarctic Mountain Ranges up to 11,500 feet high. The shelves occupy more than 3/4ths of the Antarctic coast.
But Tom, this completely defeats the purpose of the Wall! (And I will not even ask you for a reference).

Now anyone can travel into Antartica as much as he likes without even seeing an Ice Wall! All those silly explorers that claim to have gone to the South Pole and back, or even across Antartica, seem a lot more believable! Your infinite Antartica hypothesis is better, even though it is still absurd.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 01:17:29 PM »
Now anyone can travel into Antartica as much as he likes without even seeing an Ice Wall! All those silly explorers that claim to have gone to the South Pole and back, or even across Antartica, seem a lot more believable!

Everyone who has been to Antarctica has seen the 150 foot wall of ice at the coast. The Ice Shelves are widely known, and their existence is thoroughly documented.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 01:20:11 PM »
But Tom, this completely defeats the purpose of the Wall! (And I will not even ask you for a reference).

Since when did the wall acquire a purpose?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 01:21:36 PM »
Now anyone can travel into Antartica as much as he likes without even seeing an Ice Wall! All those silly explorers that claim to have gone to the South Pole and back, or even across Antartica, seem a lot more believable!

Everyone who has been to Antarctica has seen the 150 foot wall of ice at the coast. The Ice Shelves are widely known, and their existence is thoroughly documented.
Yep. They're document as piecemeal, not aligned, and something that can be readily flown over. The same explorers and researchers who document this features also document the South Magnetic Pole, the South Pole, and a host of other features that destroy FE altogether. You are very selective in what evidence you see. You're ignorant.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »
Yep. They're document as piecemeal, not aligned, and something that can be readily flown over. The same explorers and researchers who document this features also document the South Magnetic Pole, the South Pole, and a host of other features that destroy FE altogether. You are very selective in what evidence you see. You're ignorant.

Tell me Gulliver, how did those explorers find the "South Pole" if the magnetic field lines are vertical throughout the entirety of the Antarctic circle? Navigation via a magnetic compass is impossible past the latitude of the Antarctic circle. Navigation with a magnetic compass is also impossible past the latitude of the Arctic Circle. This is why polar explorers have historically had such a difficult time, often becoming lost or missing in their ventures.

Since the field lines are completely vertical, the compass will just spin wildly. How did explorers find the magnetic pole?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 01:27:06 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

DanielPZC

• Supporter of the Flat Earth Fact.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 01:24:31 PM »
I am getting confused about FE'ers arguing with each other over whether or not the Ice Wall is guarded.  The logistics of the guarding seem impossible, and yet without guards, I don't understand why no one has ever reported finding an Ice Wall.

The ice wall does not exist, so there is no need to have guards there. Once you sail to far you simply fall off the edge.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 01:37:49 PM »

Since when did the wall acquire a purpose?
When the FAQ were written.
The Ice Wall (possibly synoymous with the Ross Ice Shelf) is 150 feet tall, and holds in the oceans.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 01:42:06 PM »
The Ice Wall (possibly synoymous with the Ross Ice Shelf) is 150 feet tall, and holds in the oceans.

If you were to assume that the FE is not true, then that would be a purpose for suggesting the Ice Wall. If you were to not assume, then that is not a purpose.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 01:44:41 PM »

Tell me Gulliver, how did those explorers find the "South Pole" if the magnetic field lines are vertical throughout the entirety of the Antarctic circle? Navigation via a magnetic compass is impossible past the latitude of the Antarctic circle. Navigation with a magnetic compass is also impossible past the latitude of the Arctic Circle. This is why polar explorers have historically had such a difficult time, often becoming lost or missing in their ventures.

Since the field lines are completely vertical, the compass will just spin wildly. How did explorers find the magnetic pole?
I've already told you. There are numerous means to navigate in the Polar regions. GPS is one. Gyrocompasses are another. You're just too ignorant to understand, I guess.

It's easy to locate the South Magnetic Pole. You do need a few extra pieces of hardware, such as a specialized compass to allow for the vertical component of the field lines. These compasses have been around for decades.

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 01:46:15 PM »

If you were to assume that the FE is not true, then that would be a purpose for suggesting the Ice Wall. If you were to not assume, then that is not a purpose.
You're confused. Holding in the oceans is a purpose.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 01:49:30 PM »

If you were to go with the initial definition, as the reason it exists, then I'm right. Although upon further investigation, it could technically apply to definition #5. I stand corrected.
objectively good

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 01:51:47 PM »

If you were to go with the initial definition, as the reason it exists, then I'm right. Although upon further investigation, it could technically apply to definition #5. I stand corrected.
Gracious of you. Thank you. You're alright, even if you're a pain in the butt on accuracy most of the time.  :)

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 02:02:49 PM »
Gracious of you. Thank you. You're alright, even if you're a pain in the butt on accuracy most of the time.  :)

The problem with language is that there are many interpretations and contexts in regards to statements. If you can find commonality or at least a base, and go from there to express points, then it helps everyone. Plus, with some of the assumptions people make in regards to language, it can mean their statements are false, and I'm all about the facts. :)
objectively good

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 02:03:50 PM »
I've already told you. There are numerous means to navigate in the Polar regions. GPS is one. Gyrocompasses are another. You're just too ignorant to understand, I guess.

None of those technologies allow one to find a Magnetic Pole.

It's easy to locate the South Magnetic Pole. You do need a few extra pieces of hardware, such as a specialized compass to allow for the vertical component of the field lines. These compasses have been around for decades.

Compasses that allow for the vertical component of field lines? That's just stupid.

The field lines are vertical; there is no difference from one filed line to the next. They are indistinguishable. Tilting a compass as one approaches the arctic and antarctic circles won't work, because the needle will be overpowered by "gravity" and just point straight down. Axel compasses don't deft gravity. Ball compasses don't defy gravity. You will need a magical compass that can defy "gravity" in order to measure vertical field lines.

Where can we buy the gravitation-defying compasses on the market, Gilliver? There were none the last I checked.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:06:24 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 02:06:20 PM »

None of those technologies allow one to find the South Magnetic Pole.

True enough, but they do allow you to find the South Pole, pal. That's something you say doesn't exist. Even when you see the December 1990 photograph of Antarctica on your screen. You're ignorant.