Secretary of State's visit to England

• 6 Replies
« on: April 02, 2006, 04:27:23 PM »
Hi
May I say that it has been a refreshing change for a visiting dignatory to visit and stay in what is by and large a working class area centred around Blackburn in Lancashire in the North West of England.
I would say that Dr Rice's visit has on the whole been a success despite the media focusing on the antics of anti war demonstrators (comprising for the most part of pacifists and the "Looney Left" ) (No doubt there are such elements in the US).
I have no axe to grind - on the contrary as I am a Yorkshireman whose bitter rivals are Lancastrians
Well done Condeleezza !!!!
Gran

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 05:50:37 PM »
ERrr while all pascifist and members of the loonie left (radical communist and anarchist and PETA I presume?) oppose the war on Iraq not evryone who oppose the war in Iraq is a member of those two groups. Plenty of moderate middle of the road people have many issues with it both moral and ruthlessly pramatic. Generalizations are bad.
An irate
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:27:51 AM »
i oppose the war due to the amount of death that has happend since the fall of saddam, it was a noble cause removing that basterd from power
but the country is now on the verge of civil war
-grim

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 02:24:59 AM »
Quote from: "the grim squeaker"
i oppose the war due to the amount of death that has happend since the fall of saddam, it was a noble cause removing that basterd from power
but the country is now on the verge of civil war
-grim

The best thing we ever did was smack that place around a bit.
While the arabs are bombing the shit out of each other, they're not bombing the shit out of us.

If it comes down to suicide bombers in Iraq or suicide bombers in my back yard, I know which I'd choose.

As someone who has been in that part of the world on more than one occasion,  I truly believe the little buggers cant help themselves.  They have to argue, shoot, blow up or generally do bad shit to someone, it may as well be them instead of us.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 02:31:05 PM »
Hi
In reply to Cinlef's remark I should mention that I was against the war in Iraq but once hostilities commenced I have fully backed the US and UK troops  who are putting their lives on the line every day. To get back to my points Dr Rice stayed in a working class area in England and not in the capital and I am sure that she and the people she visited derived mutual benefits from shared experiences.
I also stand by myremarks that  the media have focused on the negatives  not the positives of the visit
Gran

Re: Secretary of State's visit to England
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:33:15 AM »
bump

?

narcberry

• Reason > RET
Re: Secretary of State's visit to England
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 09:00:50 PM »
Dont bump old threads noob.